Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Fireworks in the Vacation Planning forums; Where is the best place to watch Wishes and IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth?...
    Nemorules is offline A-Ticket holder

Fireworks

Where is the best place to watch Wishes and IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth?

mmouse6937 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We watched Wishes this year from the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station and I have to say it was a really nice view. I would get there early if you want to catch a seat by the railing. The only drawback was that they didn't dim the lights in the restaurant for the show so it was a little bright where we were. As far as Illuminations, I found this year the spot we staked out at kinda between Germany and Italy was really great. No trees or anything in the way.

Have fun!
    Sarah

76-84 Two Trips as a Child, '00 Best Western LBV, '01 Best Western LBV, '02 Polynesian (OUR DISNEYMOON!!), '03 CBR, '05 CBR, '06 DisneyLand, '07 POR, 09/08 CBR, 12/08 BC, 09/09 BW, 03/10 POP, 12/10 POP, 11/12 Dream Cruise 2.0

My babies: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

"Saving one animal will not change the world, but surely for that one animal the world will change forever"

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My favorite place is in front of the Noodle Station, next to Monsters. That way you don't have to deal with the lights of the Noodle Station, plus Tinkerbell flies directly over your head.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemorules View Post
    Where is the best place to watch Wishes and IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth?
    I don't catch Illuminations very often, but I've read that the direction of the wind makes a difference as to where you should watch, because if you're in the wrong location the wind will blow all the smoke and fumes from the flames and fireworks towards you.

As for Wishes, my favorite spot is on the bridge between the hub and Tomorrowland, just to the Tomorrowland side of the center. There's a tree blocking the view of the castle itself, but you get an unobstructed view of the fireworks, which will appear in the sky to the right of the castle from this angle. Tink will also fly almost right over your head here.

The main reason I like this spot is because everyone seems to assume that if you can't see the castle you can't see the fireworks, and thus you can usually just walk right up and get a spot at the railing just minutes before the show. Of course once the show starts and everyone realizes they can see just fine from there, people start to move in.

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    If you are willing to camp out for Wishes, you really do get a terrific view of the castle AND fireworks in the castle hub. It think there is something very special about this view, but you do have to deal with huge crowds.

Example of a picture from this spot:

More Wishes photos starting here:
    Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Cinderella Castle - Wishes fireworks at Cinderella Castle at night with bright fireworks bursts at night

Enjoy!
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

ManiaDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've always imagined that the balcony on Main Street Station would be a picture perfect spot for Wishes.

WDWForGrownups is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaDisney View Post
    I've always imagined that the balcony on Main Street Station would be a picture perfect spot for Wishes.
    This is a great spot, but for safety reasons, they don't fully turn off the lights up there (at least during my experiences there). That, unfortunately, really ruins the show for me.

If you head to the train station, get a spot right in front at the railing so that the lights are behind you instead of in front of you; then it might be just about perfect!

darkimage4 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Our spots...

Wishes - "The X" - Main St directly between Casey's and the Ice Cream Shop where the trolley track split/merge and make an "X"

Reflections of Earth - Mexico...either the bridge heading into Mexico from Future World, or the stretch of railing between Mexico and Norway.

Crazy Hakim is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by Nemorules View Post
    Where is the best place to watch IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth?
    From a pontoon boat (or Breathless).

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

My favorite places to watch IllumiNations are either behind the Tori gate in Japan or in front of the stave church at the Norway pavilion. We're almost always watching it from one of those two places.

Illuminations depends greatly on which way the wind is going though. We were watching it once from the UK pavilion and we could see the Mexico area eating the firework smoke, wouldn't have wanted to have been over there.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

ecpot serveral different spots. one rose and crown out side tables if you are lucky. on the bridge beween England and France.
    J&J

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....

Wishes - Main St Station
    Illuminations - Between Canada and UK, but find a spot where the trees don't get in the way.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed