Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Keys to the Kingdom Tour? in the Vacation Planning forums; My family has gone to the world at least twice a year for the past five years or so. There is still so many things that we haven't done so ...
    diZneyFaNatiC is offline A-Ticket holder

Keys to the Kingdom Tour?

My family has gone to the world at least twice a year for the past five years or so. There is still so many things that we haven't done so we try to do at least one new thing a trip. So far, we have gone golfing and went horseback riding. Our next trip is planned for March, and since I will have just turned sixteen, my parents and I are thinking about doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour in the Magic Kingdom. I was wondering if anyone here has done it and what their experience was like.

Also, if anyone has any other ideas of things we could try, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!
    ~Lauren

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I took this tour in May and I greatly enjoyed it. It gave some really cool insight into how they plan things and all of the details. A portion of it you get to go back where the floats are kept for the parade so that was really interesting. It was just a good tour, IMHO.

bamfer23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I did it back in July, and it was incredible. I loved it.
    They do give an amazing amount of behind the scenes information. True, for some disney nuts like us, not all of it is new info, but it's cool just the same.
    Our tour guide was really great...If you can, try to get into the first tour of the day, as that will allow you to get a fantastic view of Main Street practically empty.
    And when the park opens, you get a very nice view of the "running of the tourists," as our guide so affectionately put it, haha

Born 2B Grumpy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My wife and I did the keys to the kingdom tour a few years ago and had a great experience. When our son turned 16 we did the segway tour around the world showcase. That was fantastic!
    ~ MickeyBabe's Better Half

Running Goofy again in 2013!!

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by diZneyFaNatiC View Post
    My family has gone to the world at least twice a year for the past five years or so. There is still so many things that we haven't done so we try to do at least one new thing a trip. So far, we have gone golfing and went horseback riding. Our next trip is planned for March, and since I will have just turned sixteen, my parents and I are thinking about doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour in the Magic Kingdom. I was wondering if anyone here has done it and what their experience was like.

Also, if anyone has any other ideas of things we could try, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!
    I did the tour for my birthday (let's just say >16) last year. I really enjoyed it. There's not as much backstage as some people expect, but you get a lot of history and "inside" information about Disney. A lot of it is standing around inside the park and having things pointed out, and their back stories told to you.

We had lunch at Columbia Harbor House (included with the tour price), and had a ride on the Jungle Cruise in which our tour guide took over the captain's post and narrated the cruise as just another part of the tour, completely throwing out the standard spiel.

We got to jump the line to ride HM, but I understand this (IE which ride) can vary from one tour to the next.

In case you don't already know, the cost of the tour doesn't include admission, so if you're not a passholder you have to also buy a ticket. We had wrapped up our tour by around 1:30PM, leaving us the whole rest of the day to do what we wanted.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    The Btter Half and I took this tour back in 2001. I recommend it highly. A great tour! Another good your is Wild by Design at Animal Kingdom. if you are SCUBA qualfied you certainly should consider Dive Quest at EPCOT
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We took this tour in 2004 and really enjoyed it. The attractions can vary. If you want to try other tours I highly recommend the magic behind our steam trains tour. You get alot of information about Walt's love of trains and his small scale live steam hobby that led him to the idea of something bigger than a back yard ride.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    I loved this tour, and highly recomend it. You will have a new appreciation for the "Partners Statue" and I agree with bamfer23, go early and be alone on Main Street for a few minutes!

Disluv is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have done the KTKT twice and enjoyed it both times. I would definately recommend it for your family!
    DIS LUV - Always showing Disney the LOVE

angusredpants is offline A-Ticket holder
    We did it a few years ago and loved it. Although I think my wife had more fun than my daughter did. Make sure you play along with them and you'll have fun too.

wheresthelove is offline Fastpass Holder
    i have done this tour twice and was very happy with it both times.
    kristipixieditzydust