Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss It's a Small World news in the Vacation Planning forums; Disney has released some limited edition pins for It's a Small World in Disneyland. The pins are of popular Disney characters and Disney says these characters will be put into ...
    wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts

Exclamation It's a Small World news

Disney has released some limited edition pins for It's a Small World in Disneyland. The pins are of popular Disney characters and Disney says these characters will be put into iasw in Disneyland. For all of the Disney purists, this could be bad news. Perhaps this is whats in store for wdw?
    here is a blog where pictures of the pins are posted: My Disney Mania
    I am curious to see what everyone else thinks of this. I guess for me it depends on how they put the characters into the attraction. I think it would be cool if they made these characters like hidden mickeys you had to search for in the ride. I hope they don't make the characters a big part of the ride.
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    The Disney characters have been part of the Hong Kong Disneyland version of the attraction since its April 2008 opening. And I'm in the camp that feels that those additions were done very tastefully and blend in with the Small World style pretty well and don't detract from the ride or its subtle message of world peace at all.

The presence of the Disney characters in IaSW is downplayed pretty much, with them mostly playing supporting roles or just making mere cameo appearances, with the regular nondescript "children of the world" remaining the main stars of the show.

I can't see those Disney character additions coming to WDW's version of the attraction, though, for several reasons--one of them being the fact that their version of the ride already recieved a HUGE facelift/restoration not too long ago.
    Last edited by KINGCRAB; 01-21-2009 at 06:02 PM.
    "Boy, I'm tired. I think I'll head over to The Hall of Presidents and take a nap."

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I don't think it is such a bad idea if done in the same style. Disney is all about cross-marketing, so why not?
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

CaptainFiz13 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Winfield, IL (about 35 min west of Chicago)
    Saw an AP story this morning on Yahoo about the new additions at DL. Here's a link to a pic. I have to say as someone who could skip IaSW for the rest of my life and be just fine, I like this idea. Especially as I know my wife will never allow me to skip it. This gives me hope.

Most Viewed Photos - Yahoo! News Photos

And it looks like they're doing it somewhat tastefully and the characters were designed to blend with the current motif.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Bart/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Bart/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]