Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Character Question in the Vacation Planning forums; I know this is somewhat of a silly question because the characters are not necessarily set, but we are going to WDW next Feb (yes a year away...*sigh*) and as ...
    thesnowwhite is offline A-Ticket holder

Post Character Question

I know this is somewhat of a silly question because the characters are not necessarily set, but we are going to WDW next Feb (yes a year away...*sigh*) and as an avid scrapbooker, I make my niece and nephew their autograph books (and get huge compliments from characters/or attendants!! A few even wanted to know if they could buy one!!) Each page is decorated for different characters with a place to put their picture and a place for the autograph. As someone who has been to Disneyland much more than WDW, are there certain characters we will "most likely" see??
    Any ideas would be great!!!

Here is a link to the ones I did for our last trip. Tried to post on this site, but it wouldnt let me...
    Member Gallery of Scrapbooking Layouts and Projects - Two Peas in a Bucket

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I'm not sure about the characters, but your scrapbooks are really cool!

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowwhite View Post
    I know this is somewhat of a silly question because the characters are not necessarily set, but we are going to WDW next Feb (yes a year away...*sigh*) and as an avid scrapbooker, I make my niece and nephew their autograph books (and get huge compliments from characters/or attendants!! A few even wanted to know if they could buy one!!) Each page is decorated for different characters with a place to put their picture and a place for the autograph. As someone who has been to Disneyland much more than WDW, are there certain characters we will "most likely" see??
    Any ideas would be great!!!
    Here are some characters that are commonly out:
    *Mickey
    *Minnie
    *Goofy
    *Donald
    *Pluto
    *Daisy (for the most part)
    *Chip and Dale
    *Pooh
    *Tigger
    *Eeyore
    *Cinderella
    *Belle
    *Aurora
    *Snow White
    *Jasmine
    *Aladdin
    *Alice in Wonderland
    *Mad Hatter
    *Mary Poppins
    *Mulan
    *Mushu (usually)
    *Dopey (usually)
    *Lilo
    *Stitch
    *Buzz Lightyear
    *Woody
    *Power Rangers (currently the ones out are SPD Red Ranger, Dino Thunder White Ranger, Mystic Force Pink Ranger, Operation Overdrive Yellow Ranger, and Jungle Fury Blue Ranger. But there could be changes between now and next Feb)
    *Mike W
    *Sully
    *Mr. Incredible
    *Mrs. Incredible
    *Frozone
    *Pocahontas
    *Jiminy Cricket
    *Rafiki
    *Baloo
    *King Louie (doesn't sign though)
    *Peter Pan
    *Captain Hook
    *Mr. Smee
    *Fairy Godmother
    *Lady Tremaine
    *Anastasia
    *Drizella

Here's some for starters.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have only visited Universal once in all my years going to WDW, but by the looks of your slideshow (which is really nice work) all the characters on your pages will be somewhat easily seen. You just have to check into where each character appears so you can have a plan.

Where do you get the character graphics for the books? They look fantastic and much more personal than the books they sell at the parks. Since I don't know when my next trip might be I could get started on something like that myself! Any tips would be appreciated.

disney-akj is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Love your book!! The only other characters that I can think of that were not listed above are Pinocchio, Jessie/Bullseye (Toy Story), Lightning McQueen, Mater, Flik, Meeko, Kim Possible, Ron Stoppable, and Briar Bear. Good Luck!

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Quote Originally Posted by disney-akj View Post
    Love your book!! The only other characters that I can think of that were not listed above are Pinocchio, Jessie/Bullseye (Toy Story), Lightning McQueen, Mater, Flik, Meeko, Kim Possible, Ron Stoppable, and Briar Bear. Good Luck!
    Welcome to DWT!

Unfortunately Jessie, Bullseye, Kim and Ron are not out (Jessie and Bullseye are only at MNSSHP and MVMCP; and Kim and Ron are no longer meeting, unless there are plans to bring them to Epcot in the future).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

*sigh*

I was so excited about meeting Kim Possible. That breaks my heart.
    Thanks for the lists. Definitely some that I saw last time, and some I havent seen yet. I am excited to meet Mulan and Mushu! I think her and Pocahontas are the only 2 princesses I havent met!

Here is another link to an album I am doing for me. I dont get their autographs...I only take pics with myself. I will continue to update it as I continue to get it done. I still have 20 pages to go and I havent posted all that I have done!! I have met Snow White many times (because she is my favorite )
    Member Gallery of Scrapbooking Layouts and Projects - Two Peas in a Bucket

As fo graphics and products for the last round...
    Lots of the papers are SandyLion Papers. I save the thumbnail (or preview shot) them from any number of scrapbook websites (but I think I mostly just went to the Sandy Lion website) and printed them out in 6x6 because using the full size would have been too big. I did the same thing for the characters by printing it out on my photo printer and cut them out. You can order all the papers and stickers from Sandy Lion. The one I am making now, I found chipboard characters at the dollar store that will be the character focus this time.

Thanks for all your responses. Nice to know there are other avid scrapbookers out there...

kriskay is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I LOVE character meetings! This is a site I find very useful:
    WDWAUTOGRAPHS.COM - Disney World Meet and Greet Characters 2009 (Ben's Autograph Book!)

Remember, character meals are always best way to get quality, guaranteed time with characters. Chef Mickey's is WONDERFUL. And Akershus at Epcot with the princesses is great too!

~~Kriskay~~

Tigger0503 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    They actually have gotten alot better about including Character info on the maps/daily times guides. They list who is where and when. At Hollywood studios they have 10 or fifteen come out at a time in front of the sorcerers hat - but depending on the crowds you may only be able to get through to one or two because they close the lines. It's a good way to get some of the more unusual ones - and you can always ask a CM if your'e looking for someone specific. The other nice thing they've done in recent yeras is set up the lines so that there's more than one character at the end - you stand in one line but hen get to see all 3 princesses or 3 pooh characters, etc.
    - Shevan - Mom of 3 - Life long Disney fan
    "Walt Disney World -Been there, Done that, Going Back..Again and Again and Again."

"Decide if youíre a Tigger or an Eeyore. Iím a Tigger!"- Randy Pausch - The Last Lecture KEEP MOVING FORWARD

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Wow your scrapbooks are great - thanks for sharing them!
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Character Question

what a neat idea. you can also buy one in disney but onemade like yours is wonderful. you will meet minnie, snow white each park has their own characters. enjoy.
    J&J

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-26-2009, 12:48 AM