Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Best Ride to Propose On in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm goign down to WDW in August and plan on proposing to my GF. While the castle seems like a great idea I'm looking for something a little more unique. ...
    JLWilkes3RD is offline A-Ticket holder

Best Ride to Propose On

I'm goign down to WDW in August and plan on proposing to my GF. While the castle seems like a great idea I'm looking for something a little more unique. I thought why not do it on a ride. The first ride that came to mind was the Jungle Cruise. Anyone else have any ideas?

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by JLWilkes3RD View Post
    I'm goign down to WDW in August and plan on proposing to my GF. While the castle seems like a great idea I'm looking for something a little more unique. I thought why not do it on a ride. The first ride that came to mind was the Jungle Cruise. Anyone else have any ideas?
    The Jungle Cruise might be tricky, since you'll have a cast member making wise cracks every few minutes the entire time.

I'm not sure what you meant by the castle. There's nothing inside there unless you're eating at the restaurant. Perhaps out in front of the castle, maybe by the "Partners" statue -- you know, ask her to be your "partner for life" or something like that.

During Wishes might be a good choice as well. There are certain locations in the park where you get a perfectly good view, but there aren't a lot of people so you have room to get down on one knee with the grand finale behind you as you pop the question.

Another thing you might look into is doing it in the presence of a Photopass photographer. Most of them are set up at character meets, but there are plenty of them in places that just have good scenery. EG there are usually photographers right in the middle of Main Street USA, by the Rose Garden, and outside of the Crystal Palace, each with the castle as the backdrop. For all I know it's part of their training to always be aware of such moments and to be able to capture them without being notified in advance.

Well as it happens, none of my ideas involved rides, but I'm sure there will be plenty of other great ideas posted here.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    Tower of Terror right before the drop, Rock N Roller Coaster just before launch. I wouldn't hold a ring out then and it might not seem romantic, but you won't forget it.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I say maybe Splash Mountain, just as your going up to the Big drop ask her to marry you and kiss for the on ride picture as your going down the hill. And then you can give her the ring at the bottom of the drop! That would be neat!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Or maybe on her favorite ride. or yall's favorite ride.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

JLWilkes3RD is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the ideas so far. All seem like great ideas...
    "You can't run away from trouble. There ain't no place that far."- Uncle Remus "Song of the South"

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Haunted Mansion! Most definitely. But that would be my preference, I would say go with her favorite ride or attraction.

As soon as I read the thread title I was like....

Just before the drop on Splash Mountain!!!!

I see that Tiffany has already suggested the same!

I think that would make for a fantastic ride photo!!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide and be sure to come back and share the story and pics with us!!!!

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I would pick her favorite ride.
    How about It's A Small World?
    No sudden jolts, and fun but still kinda romantic in a way...
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    As soon as I read the thread title I was like....

Just before the drop on Splash Mountain!!!!

I see that Tiffany has already suggested the same!

I think that would make for a fantastic ride photo!!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide and be sure to come back and share the story and pics with us!!!!
    Great minds think alike!

Whatever you do I'm sure it will be amazing!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think the previously mentioned, propose before the drop on ToT or before the launch on Rock n' Rollercoaster. It would definatley make for a great picture - especially on Rock n' Rollercoaster.
    ~Ashleigh

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    They arent rides but what about Fantasmic! or illuminations?
    Last edited by Stitch's buddy; 02-12-2009 at 05:44 PM.

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    How about a nice cruise after dark when Wishes is lightening up the sky?? Isn't there a cruise in which you can have champagne and snacks??
    Last edited by Tmntrans; 02-12-2009 at 07:58 PM. Reason: .

elric is offline B-Ticket Holder
    how about magic carpet ride that scene in the movie my DW thinks is the most romantic and only if the song Whole New World could be playing that would be perfect. good luck!

I'm always planing that next trip 2002 - 1st family trip WDW off sight, 2005- Kids B-days WDW FTW cabins, 2006- My B-day MVMCP FTW cabins,2007- MNSSHP POR, 2008- MNSSHP CBR (free dinning), 2011- CBR (free dinning)

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    too bad Mr Toad's Wild Ride is gone huh?
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast