Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Hair cuts at the Barber shop in MK in the Vacation Planning forums; I have been planning on trimming my hair before going to Disney next week but was curious as to whether I should hold off and go to the barber shop. ...
    Jujube is offline B-Ticket Holder

Hair cuts at the Barber shop in MK

I have been planning on trimming my hair before going to Disney next week but was curious as to whether I should hold off and go to the barber shop. Was wondering if anybody knows how much they would charge for a women's cut and if anybody has had a hair cut there? Any thoughts are welcome!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    I have been planning on trimming my hair before going to Disney next week but was curious as to whether I should hold off and go to the barber shop. Was wondering if anybody knows how much they would charge for a women's cut and if anybody has had a hair cut there? Any thoughts are welcome!

An adult haircut was $17.00 a couple years ago so I'm thinking it would be in the $20.00 range now.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    An adult haircut was $17.00 a couple years ago so I'm thinking it would be in the $20.00 range now.
    I got my haircut at the Harmony Barbershop during MouseFest 2008 and it's still $17
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

stephanie71717 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'm not sure about the cost of an adult haircut, but if you decide to go you should definately try and have the woman pictured cut your hair. She did such a great job on my sons first haircut. Yes I know his hair is long (always mistaken for a girl) however he won't let us cut it because he really thinks he is "Captain Jack Sparrow".
    Attached Images Attached Images  

disney dreamin is offline A-Ticket holder
    We took my son to the Barber shop make sure you go early we had approx. 12 people ahead of us. Was fun though!!!

WDWForGrownups is offline A-Ticket holder
    I used to get my hair trimmed (and once completely chopped off!) there all the time! It's great fun, and if the same barbers are there, they're wonderful to talk to and know all the Disney gossip :-)

I agree with disney dreamin that you should get there early. I used to choose a day with morning EMH at the Magic Kingdom so that I could be the first one in line once the shop opened at 9:00am.

Also, as an FYI, they're pretty used to cutting hair for the kiddos, so you're not going to get the latest supermodel 'do (not that they're not capable, but with lines, etc., they can't spend forever razoring your hair). For my one "chopping" experience, I ended up with a cute bob that looked fine on me, but would be more common on a 5 yr old girl :-) Stick with the trim perhaps?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    My son was about 3 months into the Disney College Program when we went down at Thanksgiving to visit him. After one day of looking at DS and the growing out, haircut he got in the tunnels of the MK I marched him into the Barber Shop during the afternoon parade thinking it would be less crowded. Nope. About 8 in front of him. The gentleman barber cut his hair, took his time and did a very stylish job. Before the barber retired to Florida he owned a salon in Winnetka, IL, one of the most upscale suburbs in IL.

He got a CM rate and the $5.00 tip. All in all around $17.00 total.
    DS, girlfriend was happy with me and the barber! After the haircut I could start looking at him instead of his hair.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Hair cuts at the Barber shop in MK

The barber's name is Michel. He gave my son his first haircut. It is the only haircut (to this day at almost age 5) when my son did not scream and cry with fear. He is very good and I imagine that he would cut a woman's hair just fine.

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Hair cuts at the Barber shop in MK

cost not expensive and fun. our son had it done nice job teased with him would love to do it again. when it was over they thru star dust over him.
    J&J