Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Operational Updates on DisneyWorld.com in the Vacation Planning forums; Is it just me, or is it nearly impossible to find operational updates on the new Disneyworld.com? I know the site SAYS they're on the calendar page, but I keep ...
    clion is offline Fastpass Holder

Question Operational Updates on DisneyWorld.com

Is it just me, or is it nearly impossible to find operational updates on the new Disneyworld.com? I know the site SAYS they're on the calendar page, but I keep checking and I find nothing about operational updates. I even went to check out the Magic Kingdom calendar for May (when I know Space Mountain and the TTA are down) and nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Allears.net keeps up to date closures and rehabs - Rehabs and Closings Schedule at Disney World

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

Quote Originally Posted by TTAfanatic View Post
    Allears.net keeps up to date closures and rehabs - Rehabs and Closings Schedule at Disney World
    Yeah, I knew about Allears and their list. I wanted to see the "official" list.

D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    I agree with TTAfanatic. The official website is not very user friendly and requires a lot of navigation to hopefully find what you are looking for... if it is even posted. I've found that AllEars.net does an excellent job of keeping everything up to date.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I agree with TTAfanatic. The official website is not very user friendly and requires a lot of navigation to hopefully find what you are looking for... if it is even posted. I've found that AllEars.net does an excellent job of keeping everything up to date.
    The old site wasn't user friendly either I can't understand why a company the size of Disney can't make a stress free website that's easy to use. I don't even attempt to go on it anymore, it raises my blood pressure
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I found it very easy to find the updates on the old site. Now, I still can't. I used AllEars' list to plan for our trip next month but there's this nagging in the back of my head that maybe it wasn't complete or up-to-date. I always prefer to check with the official site before we go.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

nice detective work BamaJenn!

Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    nice detective work BamaJenn!
    My pleasure! I'm the Google Queen. My husband will even call me at work and say "can you google this for me?" LOL!

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Good detective work Google Queen! I've got to admit that I tried to find the operational updates on the new / current web site and couldn't figure out where they were...
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.