Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Give me a reason to go back to Animal Kingdom in the Vacation Planning forums; I absolutely love DAK! It is my favorite park right behind the Magic Kingdom! If I only had enough time to do one thing throughout The World....it would hands down ...

Re: Give me a reason to go back to Animal Kingdom

I absolutely love DAK! It is my favorite park right behind the Magic Kingdom! If I only had enough time to do one thing throughout The World....it would hands down be seeing Festival of the Lion King!!!! I lovvvvvvvve this show!

CKrup is offline B-Ticket Holder

Animal Kingdom is a completely different experience. Slow down and take in the environment. The plant cover, architecture, and ambient music really sets the stage. Take a leisurely walk through the Maharaja Jungke Trek searching for hidden mickeys and clues to what this place used to be. Don't miss the Discovery Island trails. We did on our first visit. They offer some close up views of the Tree of Life. Lou has featured DAK in some shows, I can't remember which ones but knowing the back story often helps. Look at a day at Animal Kingdom as a break from the hectic pace of the other parks.

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

this park always seems to be the too hot.

go back if you like the rides or to see the animals only.
    J&J

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

My family hated AK our first trip too. It was just another zoo for me and my brother.At the time I was around the age of you oldest. Like many people have said try the Safari in the morning the animals way more active. Also the Finding Nemo show is great. The Plant Watch is fun to see how the animals"be-hide the scenes". Kali Rapid Ride is fun on a nice hot florida day but the lines could get a little long. Dinoland U.S.A I cant really say anything about. Camp Minnie Mickey is a great place for little kids to see characters.Also Festival of the Lion King is a great show. I hope you decide to go back and give AK another chance...my family did and now it is one of our favorite parks.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Joel&Bee is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up Re: Give me a reason to go back to Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Flights of Wonder is quite an underestimated show/attraction. The birds and the cast members put on a great show. Maybe the best WDW has to offer!?!
    +1, Flights of Wonder is a great show for kids and adult. One of my favorites in Animal Kingdom. It is kind of a hidden treasure as it is often overlooked. If you have kids it helps to sit up front so the little ones and see better.

The kids would also probably love to play in the Boneyard in Dinoland USA.
    Last edited by Joel&Bee; 04-07-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Joel playing bass with The Tropicals in Animal Kingdom:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuf8R7zVt1M

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....

This seems to be a familiar theme, but I didnt like DAK the first time I visited either. I think we went too late in the day so the animal exhibits were mobbed, and my (now ex) husband liked thrill rides and complained all day because Dinosaur was down. This was well before Everest. I cut my foot on Primeval Whirl - just trying to stay in the seat!

But now I love the park. The safari is brilliant as it is different each time and we make sure we get there early, to see the animals at their best. Dinosaur is a real favourite, as are the Nemo and Lion King shows.

So my advice would be to go with an open mind, and dont let past experiences put you off.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

mickeymatt is offline B-Ticket Holder

We went right when it opened 1998? It was so underdeveloped. The safari was horrible. But when we went last september we really enjoyed it. I agree with most on all the rides for kids. We did Donalds Safari breakfast and it was awesome and my DD loved it too. Do the Safari early....we got to see lots of animals. I saw a Rhino literally right next to the vehicle on my side. I could have touched it. We were on our way out of the park and just happened to catch the last Nemo show. It is a MUST SEE! It was so well done. My daughter loved it. My only complaint is the park closed too early that day (5:00!) We couldn't get everything in that we wanted to do. We will definitely go back.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123