Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss New Attractions in the Vacation Planning forums; Are there any new attractions at any of the WDW parks in 2009?...
    aprilhendrix9 is offline B-Ticket Holder

New Attractions

Are there any new attractions at any of the WDW parks in 2009?
    This September!! . . . 2010-6 days-Animal Kingdom
    1994-1 day-Mgic Kingdom-Off Site
    1995-1 day-Magic Kingdom-Off Site
    2008-5 days-Polynesian

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: New Attractions

Off the top of my head -

1) The American Idol experience opened in February. Anyone who is in DHS can audition to sing at one of a few shows during the day, then there is a final show at night where the winner of the day gets a front of the line pass at any American Idol audition later this year.

2) Space Mountain is going down for a major refurbishment in April and will be operating again later this year (probably around Christmas).
    ~Ashleigh

bety is offline Disney World Beast

The Hall of Presidents will also have a new addition after its refurbishment is over.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

MK has a new parade
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by aprilhendrix9 View Post
    Are there any new attractions at any of the WDW parks in 2009?
    There's some new stuff coming to Innoventions at Epcot this year. There's an educational personal finance themed thing sponsored by T. Rowe Price that was just announced this week I think, but I don't know when it will be opening. I thought there was something else new in Innoventions as well, possibly sponsored by IBM, that either just opened or is about to open.

Epcot also has that Kim Possible thing that I've heard a little bit about, seems to be along the lines of a scavenger hunt around World Showcase guided by a customized cell phone that you pick up somewhere in the park. There's some kind of technology where the phone lets you interact with hidden in plain sight elements in World Showcase. I'm pretty sure that is already open.

There's also a fairly large construction project going on in Tomorrowland at MK that is supposed to be for some kind of Stitch themed interactive show, but from what I've seen it might be a while before that one opens.

Tony

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by tizzo View Post
    There's some new stuff coming to Innoventions at Epcot this year. There's an educational personal finance themed thing sponsored by T. Rowe Price that was just announced this week I think, but I don't know when it will be opening. I thought there was something else new in Innoventions as well, possibly sponsored by IBM, that either just opened or is about to open.

Epcot also has that Kim Possible thing that I've heard a little bit about, seems to be along the lines of a scavenger hunt around World Showcase guided by a customized cell phone that you pick up somewhere in the park. There's some kind of technology where the phone lets you interact with hidden in plain sight elements in World Showcase. I'm pretty sure that is already open.

There's also a fairly large construction project going on in Tomorrowland at MK that is supposed to be for some kind of Stitch themed interactive show, but from what I've seen it might be a while before that one opens.

Tony
    To All and Tony,
    I read recently that GM's contract with Disney is soon to expire and they may not renew.If this happens,does anybody know if Test Track will be closed down and turned into another attraction,or would the next sponsor buy the rights under their name and keep it open?
    Please post info if anyone knows.
    Thanks.
    Park Hopper Dad!

aprilhendrix9 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    To All and Tony,
    I read recently that GM's contract with Disney is soon to expire and they may not renew.If this happens,does anybody know if Test Track will be closed down and turned into another attraction,or would the next sponsor buy the rights under their name and keep it open?
    Please post info if anyone knows.
    Thanks.
    I sure hope that they don't close down the Test Track. That was my 4 year old's favorite ride. It was the very first ride we rode when we got to WDW and the very last one we rode the night before we left. He still talks about it.
    This September!! . . . 2010-6 days-Animal Kingdom
    1994-1 day-Mgic Kingdom-Off Site
    1995-1 day-Magic Kingdom-Off Site
    2008-5 days-Polynesian