Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey everyone! I am so excited because after soooo many trips, we just booked our first October trip to party halloween style with Mickey!!! We need tips!!!! What to see, ...
    Wonderland16 is offline A-Ticket holder

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

Hey everyone! I am so excited because after soooo many trips, we just booked our first October trip to party halloween style with Mickey!!!

We need tips!!!! What to see, do, eat, WEAR?!?

Its me and my bf (both 21) and my parents (both old enough that they would yell at me for publishing ages)...we need costume ideas!! extravagant, low key, anything.

Pictures would be great to see too! Share anything!

(we're staying at our 2nd dvc home resort, KIDANI VILLAGE! woohoo)
    In a world of my own.......

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

We are going to the Halloween party this year for our first time ever. My desire is to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern the night we are going if they have the characters back.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Mickey08 is offline D-Ticket Holder

We are also going in October. When we go we love to be at the Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP. Its a blast. Everyone dresses up.......its great! I would agree and eat at the Liberty Tree Tavern. If they bring the characters there its a great place to dine!

Disney Eddie is offline A-Ticket holder

I've attended two MNSSHP's and they are a blast. We actually did the one on Halloween night in 2004 and it was awesome.

Must See's:

1- Parade with the headless horseman leading it and the grave yard diggers and their shovel routine.

2- Trick or Treating. Awesome for the kid in us.

3- Picture opportunity with the character's in halloween costume.

4- Villian's show in front of the castle

5- Hall-o-wishes.

Hope that helps. It is my favorite party. Have fun.

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder

Words cannot express how much fun the Halloween party is. My father and I (I was 22 and he 56) had a blast! The trick or treating is a ton of fun and we tried to hit every one of them. There is a ghostly lady in front of the haunted mansion as well and she will talk to you and is hilarious. My family and I aren't parade people, but the parade is a must do! The grave diggers are fabulous.

I also suggest taking a break mid-day. You will be way too exhausted to go to midnight if you were in the parks all day. Trust me!

Have fun!!

Wonderland16 is offline A-Ticket holder

thanks everyone so far!!! these are all great tips! I CANT WAIT woohoo!! Hallowishes i heard is incredible. I saw a few pictures and it looks just like fall up here in the northeast! yay!

oh...do a lot of adults, young adults dress up?? and is it suuuper crowded, i was there last new years eve and that was bad...any comparison?
    In a world of my own.......

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

We did the halloween thing one year,and I'm sorry,I'm not a negative person,not at all,but we weren't impressed.We are Disney lovers and we've been to WDW 10 yrs in a row.But it wasn't as great as what we had heard.One thing we found that we didn't like,was the lighting.With all of the different colored lights,and some shining down in your face,it made it difficult to see at times.Getting the candy was ok,and we got our free pic made that is complementary;but for us,it just wasn't what we expected.As a matter of fact,I went the very next day,to our resort front desk,and bought my family and I,a one day/one park ticket to go back to the Magic Kingdom for a full complete day at the park.We thought the halloween night would be enough time for us at the MK,but with all of the differences on the halloween night compared to a regular night at MK,it wasn't as fulfilling for us,as a regular full day and night at the park.
    But many people do enjoy it and I hope yall do as well.But I know there are also others that feel as we do,but maybe they won't post their thoughts for fear someone will bash them.I am very opinionated and it doesn't bother me if someone bashes me;but I feel like most people understand when I voice my quams about Disney's failures,although some don't.We all are Disney brothers and sisters here,we all love Disney,and we all are entitled to our opinions.We are all here to help each other as we can.We all don't have the same kind of trip to Disney,so what one family may like,another may not.But it's all of our opinions and our enjoyable things and even our less-enjoyable things at Disney,that keeps these forum discussions going.Who knows?Even though my family and I wasn't as impressed with the Halloween night, by mentioning our diappointments;some other family might have some of the same concerns about the lighting as we did,and just by our experience,may help someone else not to go,due to the same concern.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(

i have been to MNSHP about 5 years ago with my whole family and we enjoyed it.... there was record heat that year so we made to wear light weight costumes... my brother and i dressed as candycorns.. they went on like overalls and went to our thighs and we just wore a tee and black shorts underneath... very easy to walk around the park in as well and we got alot of compliments so when selecting a costume definetly make sure it is moveable!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder

people of all ages dress up and its a blast to see! it goes from extravagant to very basic. i don't have any costume ideas but make sure it's breathable and comfy because you'll be kicking yourself in the butt by the end of the night if its not. a lot of store bought costumes can get very itchy and hot after a few hours so beware.
    personally i went as rosie the riveter in 08. pair of jeans, white tshirt with a blue short sleeve button down over it, red bandanna over my black hair and a little toy drill that i called a rivet gun. comfy and cool. my dog went as a disney tourist, complete with mickey ears with his name embroidered on them and glow necklaces wound around his harness.
    also consider what time of day you go to the park. we went at around 5, had 6 pm dinner reservations and still got through everything we wanted. spending all day at any park then going to the party makes for a very very long day considering the halloween party goes til midnight and some of the special attractions are better viewed once the sun has completely set.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
    people of all ages dress up and its a blast to see! it goes from extravagant to very basic. i don't have any costume ideas but make sure it's breathable and comfy because you'll be kicking yourself in the butt by the end of the night if its not. a lot of store bought costumes can get very itchy and hot after a few hours so beware.
    personally i went as rosie the riveter in 08. pair of jeans, white tshirt with a blue short sleeve button down over it, red bandanna over my black hair and a little toy drill that i called a rivet gun. comfy and cool. my dog went as a disney tourist, complete with mickey ears with his name embroidered on them and glow necklaces wound around his harness.
    also consider what time of day you go to the park. we went at around 5, had 6 pm dinner reservations and still got through everything we wanted. spending all day at any park then going to the party makes for a very very long day considering the halloween party goes til midnight and some of the special attractions are better viewed once the sun has completely set.
    Yeah,I agree with this post.You ned to make sure you costumes are comfortable.Why?becaue you are still able to ride the rides and an extravagant costume just wouldn't work on the major rides.As I posted earlier,we did a 50's look and it was perfect for everything.
    Park Hopper Dad!

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

good for you hos about a character like pooh looking scary
    J&J