Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Crowds Up or Down? in the Vacation Planning forums; As Spring Break chugs along, what are the general feeling everyone has of late of crowd sizes? I'm trying to figure out what to expect in June. Originally I thought ...
    VGL_Lynx is offline B-Ticket Holder

Crowds Up or Down?

As Spring Break chugs along, what are the general feeling everyone has of late of crowd sizes? I'm trying to figure out what to expect in June. Originally I thought crows sizes would be down due to the economy, but then the 4/3 promotion launched, and then was extended. (My family will be using it and I'm very happy with my res.)

What are people seeing in the parks? Are crowds bigger, smaller, or about the same as usual?

I've read some of the summaries of the Corporate report and know about the cutbacks and layoffs, so I would assume business is off due to the economy, like everyplace else. But is it actually true? What did you see at your last visit? Let's try to keep in perspective of March 2009 to the present.

Thanks,
    -Lynx

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Crowds Up or Down?

Right now, the parks are exceptionally busy. It is Spring Break and the week before Easter, but all the parks are packed this week.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder

I was in the world march 10-16th and I was expecting moderate crowds and it was absolutely packed. I don't understand why they had all those lay offs because the parks are booming.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

I believe MK has had 2 Stage 4 closings this week
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

And I read on another forum where in the last week of March one day a family walked right onto Toy Story. Actually missed most of the cool stuff in the lines because they walked right through.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

Disney always seems to be crowded it is so poplar,
    J&J

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I'm heading down in June and expecting normal crowds. It seems that when they cut back in staff and have unexpected crowds, then you can expect longer waits for services like TS restaurants, package pick-up, etc... The wait time for attractions seems to remain the normal wait times for the size of the crowds. It is the extras that seem to suffer most from inadequate staffing.

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder

I have seen myself and have heard from others that the crowds are big. Especially around Easter there are huge crowds. It is good tha the promotions are working, but I'm sure that spending is way down. Big crowds do not necessarily mean big revenues.
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    And I read on another forum where in the last week of March one day a family walked right onto Toy Story. Actually missed most of the cool stuff in the lines because they walked right through.
    We've only experienced that once, and it was probably about that time. For the most part, the waits have been 60+ minutes.

Generally speaking, the last few times we've been in Epcot in the last 2 weeks, crowds have been heavier than they have been. I keep hearing that sales in merchandise are down, however.

Most, if not all, of the cutbacks have been in the corporate offices and in positions behind the scenes. Often corporate people are invited to help out during busy times, but there are fewer corporate people to volunteer, and those still with jobs are swamped. I don't think I'd be too eager to give up my weekend to help in a park if I was working flat-out in my regular job.
    Last edited by mini-V; 04-09-2009 at 03:32 PM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

elcid93 is offline A-Ticket holder

I was there Wednesday (7 Apr) and the MK was closed by lunch. Earlier in the week I saw where the lot at the studios got full so the had to start parking people at Epcot's lot. Tried to stop at DD on my way home at all the lots were full at 5PM. Yeah, it was busy. I thought there was a recession.

VGL_Lynx is offline B-Ticket Holder

Hey, these are great posts. Well, a little scary too. Anyway... let's keep this thread going to see if we can tack a little as we get past the Spring Break boom. Those of us that are heading down in the Summer should keep this thread going for others.

I see in some of the other forums people are speculating and looking for info on July and August too. Touring Plans.com doesn' have a place to see current park numbers do they?

-Lynx