Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What's the funniest thing you have over heard in the Parks? in the Vacation Planning forums; Well for me it was back in January. My cousin and I were waiting for the train at the Main st. Station. There was a large family waiting behind us. ...
    d23cndrela is offline A-Ticket holder

What's the funniest thing you have over heard in the Parks?

Well for me it was back in January. My cousin and I were waiting for the train at the Main st. Station. There was a large family waiting behind us. Presumably The Grandmother of the group turns to one of the people with her and asks if they had seen the commercials on the TV for " that Blizzard Beach", and Then asked if that was real snow. We laughed about the rest of our trip!

SlpngBeauty is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: What's the funniest thing you have over heard in the Parks?

This was YEARS ago. I was a teen with my folks at WDW, and it was sprinkling out. I looked up and a raindrop fell in my eye. I yelped, Ah! My eye! My eye! And the guys behind us go, Ah! My liver, huh huh, my liver! Think Beavis and Butthead era :o)

More recently, as you can see in my sig, my son (in 2006) pointed as the monorail approached, and said (replace all R's with the W sound) 'Look Mom! It's the Comonorail!' He actually thought that's what it was called! But then again, he also called Denny's Benny's. It's been Benny's every since! Too cute!
    ...I SHOULD be in bed right now...
    ...but I like deh cookie
    **SUPER BIG DISNEY FAN**

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....

My hubby and I were watching 'Tough to be a Bug' at AK a couple of years ago, when the little boy behind us started to get scared. His cries got louder until the show finished and the audience were able to leave. As we left the theatre we heard him say, through his sobs 'You said it was going to be fun!'. His poor mum was mortified - and us having hysterics probably didn't help!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

A few years back, when my dad was getting up there in years, we were walking around World Showcase. At one point, he turned to my mom and said, "How can we be moving around to all these countries so quick. I told you I didn't want to travel far from home." I guess for him the experience was real.

Yensid_Retlaw is offline D-Ticket Holder

Last year in 2008, We were standing in line for the bus to go to Hollywood Studios, it just so happens that everyone decided to go this day and at this time. This was the first thing in the morning to and we are standing at All Star Music. Anyway the FIRST (and I must stress first or this story will make no sense) bus pulls up and people pile on. It got full and not everyone in the line got on. The man in front of us who happens to be a very up tight man (you can just tell by lookin at him) yells at the bus driver with "SO is that it? There's no more buses!" to which my father and I replied "Yup, that's it guess we gotta pick somewhere else to go, no more buses to Hollywood Studios to bad!" He was not impressed with us so I told him to "Relax and stop complaining" literally 8 mins later, a bus came.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow! Just a dream away!

"A Tip of the hat from Dr. Facilier"

"Cause I've got friends on the other side!"

A proud D23 Charter Year member.

And a dedicated Lead Manager at the Disney Store in Georgian Mall, Barrie, Ontario! 3 years! I almost get a Pluto pin!

Tigger0503 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Talking Re: What's the funniest thing you have over heard in the Parks?

We were in Hollywood Studios last year and heard some lady yell at her kids "This is NOT the place to play around!" My entire family stopped dead, looked at each other in disbelief - my daughter said rather loudly " Oh really?" and we all started laughing.
    - Shevan - Mom of 3 - Life long Disney fan
    "Walt Disney World -Been there, Done that, Going Back..Again and Again and Again."

"Decide if youíre a Tigger or an Eeyore. Iím a Tigger!"- Randy Pausch - The Last Lecture KEEP MOVING FORWARD

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder

When we were in the Japan Pavillion in March, some woman came up to a cast member and seriously asked her where she could find Cinderella's Castle!
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

This was not at a park.On our 2007 trip we were waiting to get a bus at SSR to MK.So at the bus stop there was an other family with a daughter and son. You could tell from how the son was he was really crabby. So after about 5 minutes another person from this family comes over and looks at the son and is like someone has there crabby pants on and just walks away. It was a you had to be there moment, now whenever there is someone crabby at Disney we always start laughing.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder

I always get a kick out of it when families assure each other that the animals on Kilimonjaro Safari are NOT real. Makes you kinda want to invite them to step out of the vehicle if their so sure

MissMello is offline A-Ticket holder

I think the funniest thing I've ever heard at Walt Disney World was two years ago at the Coral Reef Restaurant. There was this little table in what seemed like the direct center of the building where a family of three was sitting. A rich looking man and women and thier daugther who seemed to be in her late teens. The teenage girl was on her cell phone as she played with her pasta, looking disgusted at her parents fish meals. She held the phone away from her and asked her parents if she could spend the night at downtown Disney with a boy 'friend' to which they answered no. She gave a somewhat shocked face, said a few words to the person on the phone and then hung up. From there, a gaint hissy fit started loud enough to make the whole restaurant stare at her. My sister and I were cracking up as she yelled on and on to no end, not noticing the others staring at her. In protest, she pushed her plate away and didn't eat anything, staying with her arms crossed the whole time her parents ate.
    When will my reflection show who I am inside?

"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here."

Clare Voince is offline A-Ticket holder

I have a few funnies from my last trip in 2007.

I was in AK, near a tunnel in the fake rocks in the Oasis, and one lady says to her friend, "Is this the tree?"

Later, on the train to Rafiki's Planet watch, I was sitting next to a family of four, the dad was telling his kids about Expedition Everest:
    Dad: ...and then you see the abdominal snowman.
    Mom: Abdominal???
    Everyone had a good laugh at Dad.

I was waiting in line at security at MGM. There was another family in front of me. The Dad put a large backpack on the table to be searched. The guard looked in the bag, then turned to the Dad with a very straight face and said, "Sir... I'm going to have to ask you to open that banana." He said it with such a straight face it took a second to realize he was joking! After a few seconds, the dad retorted, "Why, are you hungry?" :>

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder

I "overheard" a visitor from across the pond become rather agitated with a CM because he "got wet" while riding the Back Lot Tour. Yes, he was sitting on the left hand side, and yes all the customary announcements were given. The visitor was speaking English so I assume he could also understand the English announcements. However, he was genuinely upset and wanted a refund for Disney ruining his day by getting him wet.

This occurred on a typical Central Florida July afternoon. I would have loved to have "gotten wet" but my kids all claimed dibs on the left hand side, so I had to suffer on the drier right side.

The CM & I had a good chuckle after the "guest" left the area.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

This happened YEARS ago. Maybe 15 or 20 years at least.

I can remember a Dad yelling at his kids on Main Street USA "You are going to have fun wether you like it or not!!!" True story. We still use that, jokingly of course, to this day.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

brerben is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey View Post
    This happened YEARS ago. Maybe 15 or 20 years at least.

I can remember a Dad yelling at his kids on Main Street USA "You are going to have fun wether you like it or not!!!" True story. We still use that, jokingly of course, to this day.
    lol sounds like my dad sometimes

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

We watched a woman driving this huge Suburban type truck back in the mid-70's and she had those extended side view mirrors. She pulls in too close to the ticket booth and crunch! The mirror is gone. She backs up, tries to turn right for some reason and crunch! The other mirror is gone! My uncle, who was driving nearly had a stroke from laughing so hard.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast