Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Disney's Hollywood Studios 20th aniversary in the Vacation Planning forums; While celebrating 20 great years of the Hollywood Studios, MGM for us, I was thinking of all the good times, special events, magical parades, and spectacular attractions that I have ...
    neverland23 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Disney's Hollywood Studios 20th aniversary

While celebrating 20 great years of the Hollywood Studios, MGM for us, I was thinking of all the good times, special events, magical parades, and spectacular attractions that I have come enjoy at the Studios. I was wondering if you would like to share your fondest memories from the Studios! I hope Lou is having a great time at the celebration today! Lucky duck! Maybe he will come back with some good stories, interviews, and another Disney Daily Diary!

LIGHTS, MOTORS, ACTION!!
    Kati
    91'offsite, 92'Caribbean Beach, 93'Caribbean Beach, 94'Beach Club, 96'Boardwalk, 97' Disneyland Hotel, 98'Beach Club , 00'Caribbean Beach, 02'Animal Kingdom Lodge, 04'Wilderness Lodge, 05'Grand Californian, 06'Beach Club, 07'Saratoga Springs, 08' Beach Club

D23 Charter Member

Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
    Next trip ~ July 19 - 26 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Disney's Hollywood Studios 20th aniversary

My fondest memories all revolve around my children. I remember watching my then three year old son bursting with excitement as he met Bear and watched the Bear in the Big Blue House show. My then seven year old daughter wanted to act like she was too old, but she was just as excited as her little brother, and both smiled the whole show. They knew all the songs and characters.

I also remember riding Tower of Terror with my oldest daughter on her first time. I still have the photo from the ride hanging in our playroom as she clutched my arm. Afterward she said she really liked it. The better memory was on her second trip when the elevator doors open to the hologram projection of the family, right before the car moves into the drop shaft, my daughter decided she really didn't want to do it again and wanted to get off. I had asked her repeatedly before getting on if she really wanted to ride it, I then had to explain she was past the point of no return. Now she rides rides that scare me.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder

I loved that section they used to have with Roger Rabbit props. That was awesome!

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder

My coolest memory was seeing my friend on the Tower of Terror. She was clinging to her dad's arm and yelling "Dad,dad,dad! I want to get off NOW!" When we got off she wanted to do it again and the same thing happened! It was really funny seeing her face and i really regret not buying that picture!
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.