Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss The Captain Jack show outside Pirates... in the Vacation Planning forums; Are the times for this fun little diddy outside Pirates of the Carribean in the Times Guide? Last time we went I think it said "daily" but no hard times ...
    VGL_Lynx is offline B-Ticket Holder

The Captain Jack show outside Pirates...

Are the times for this fun little diddy outside Pirates of the Carribean in the Times Guide? Last time we went I think it said "daily" but no hard times were listed.

Does Captain Jack still show lil pirates how to live up to the Code? I've never seen this show, my kids are getting into Pirates and don't want to miss it this summer.

-Lynx

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: The Captain Jack show outside Pirates...

It should be in the day's schedule. It was last time I was there.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

It's not listed in the Times Guide. But the times should be listed on the Tip Board.

And usually the times are 10:15, 11:20, 12:25, 2:15, 3:20, and 4:25.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Thanks, Joanna, that's just what I needed.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

I don't like the Jack Sparrow character.I am also not a fan of turning rides into movies ans extending the storyline like it has been done with the Pirates movie and also with the Haunted movie.Speaking of the Haunted movie,when are they going to mput an Eddie Murphy ghost in the ride?(saracastic)!If they do,I'll never ride it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I do not,and again I say do not!,like the Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow character in the ride at all!I feel the whole ride has been ruined.
    I know there are many more of you out there that agree with me!But do you have the guts to post it? Like me?
    Park Hopper Dad!

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Actually, I like PotC better now with Captain Jack added.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I dislike the POTC movies and I think the ride is worse because of the changes. I went on with my family this past December and the experience was a shadow of its former glory. The new music stinks, Johnny Depp is not "plussing" IMO, and the clouds which used to be projected on the ceiling weren't working at all. Even the facade of POTC used to be better. I liked the parrot that was in front who used to "pitch" the ride and they even used to have cannons firing as you approached the ride building. I miss the talking skull which used to warn you about the waterfall...I could go on and on. In spite of this opinion I think rides can be updated and improved: The Haunted Mansion is a perfect example. The new staircases which go off in all directions is a big improvement on the black nothingness which used to be there. I am so glad there's not an Eddie Murphy AA added to the Mansion. That would be worse than even Johnny Depp's unwelcome intrusion into a classic ride.

I understand your dislike for the new POTC movie characters in the ride. BUT I think it is still better than when they made POTC politically correct in the Auction Scene and when they stopped the JC Captains from shooting.

I enjoy the triple A figures, but I don't think they add or detract from the ride that much. I think they help plus the Orlando version when you compare it to Anaheim. I think the original Orlando end was rather flat. You got to the cells and the dog, and then up the exit loading ramp. Jack gives you a little extra something on the way out. I'm torn about whether Davy Jones works all that well before the first flume drop. Sometimes the image isn't that great on the CO2 screen.

I agree that adding Eddie Murphy to Haunted Mansion would insure I never ride it again. But how do you feel about the Nightmare Before Christmas Holiday overlay in Anaheim? Apples and Oranges?

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by VGL_Lynx View Post
    But how do you feel about the Nightmare Before Christmas Holiday overlay in Anaheim? Apples and Oranges?
    I'm glad it's in Anaheim and not Orlando. I don't like Christmas to take on a dark tone; I think it's gross and disrespectful.

Sadly,a very huge portion of this great USA,has forgotten or just plain leaving out what the true meaning of Christmas means.Yes,it's a time of giving,but what was the most important gift;to this whole world? That's right,Jesus Christ.But no one seems to want to acknowledge what God gave to us for salvation.That's allright though.Because no matter what anyone believes or doesn't believe,no matter what you say,or even what I say;one day there will be an end to this life and ALL will stand before the judgment seat of God.But then it's too late.But for those that accept God's gift of salvation through Jesus Christ,His gift to the world,then all shall be well in that day.
    But these days,the majority of this country has become the biggest wimps and wussies that I think mankind has ever seen.All of this "politically correct" ****,has gotten so out of hand,that's it's become a joke.Who, and I say,WHO started that stinking phrase?
    Oh,we don't want to offend the next guy,it might hurt his feelings!This society has become an actuality of a scripture from the Bible,"Let them alone,if the blind lead the blind,they shall both fall ,into the ditch".Well,my friends,that's what society is doing.Blind and leading each other into the ditch,and we all know what the ditch is........
    So why did I say all of this? because I agree with Elvistelth,I don't believe in a dark-toned Christmas,because that is NOT what it is meant to be.
    But go ahead my friends,take God and Jesus out of everything,take him out of schools,take him out of Christmas,and turn Christmas into nothing but a big ole party! But just remember one thing,if you,society,play into "their" hands and take God out of everything,then sadly,He will take you out of the book of life,provided you are in there.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Hey no problem. I never meant to offend. I was talking about the Nightmare Anaheim overlay in the context of movie overlays of existing theme park rides. Like adding Stitch or Treasure Planet to Space Mountain. Like adding the Lone Ranger to Big Thunder Mountain (under discussion to coincide with the next BTM rehab and the new movie Disney has in the works).

I tend to try to stay away from discussions of religion and politics online. They tend to end with everyone involved upset.

Hey no problem. I never meant to offend. I was talking about the Nightmare Anaheim overlay in the context of movie overlays of existing theme park rides. Like adding Stitch or Treasure Planet to Space Mountain. Like adding the Lone Ranger to Big Thunder Mountain (under discussion to coincide with the next BTM rehab and the new movie Disney has in the works).

I tend to try to stay away from discussions of religion and politics online. They tend to end with everyone involved upset.

In that context I'm not a fan of hyping the new stuff by tying it to an existing ride or attraction i.e. the Living Seas with Nemo. I think it's usually very perishable and doesn't age well. The Living Seas was timeless in it's original version now it's based on a 6 year old movie that was just OK. In a few years will kids even know who Nemo is? I prefer that they limit the movie tie-ins to established classics-not the flavor of the month.

VGL_Lynx,
    Hey it's cool,no problem.I am not offended at all.I never was offended.I just like to post replies that kinda gets close to the edge sometimes.If I read something and a spark or an idea of a vein I can go down comes into my mind,I go with it sometimes.I am not a trouble-maker,not in the least.I love all you folks out there;we're all Disney brothers and sisters.But I sometimes like to post replies that can get people thinking about the subject matter of the vein that I replied with. I'm harmless;but there has been others that have gotten offended and their feathers ruffled from some of my replies.But it's not my intention to hurt,offend,or cause trouble in these forums.I just have a somewhat wacky sense of humor,as well as wanting to get people thinking as I said a moment ago.So you're cool,don't sweat it at all.However,if a religious vein pops into my wacky brain from a post,I will touch on it;because I AM a Christian and I do have strong beliefs;but I won't be trying to teach or discuss any doctrines in here,because that is not my purpose in my posts.My posts are only to get people to thinking about the subject matter,nothing more.
    Park Hopper Dad!