Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss If Disney was to make a new WDW theme park... in the Vacation Planning forums; What if Disney was to make a new WDW theme park? Lets say they put you in charge. What would you do?...
    rowenr98 is offline A-Ticket holder

If Disney was to make a new WDW theme park...

What if Disney was to make a new WDW theme park? Lets say they put you in charge. What would you do?

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: If Disney was to make a new WDW theme park...

Whatever theme is chosen, I would ensure it had very wide walkways and plenty of them. I would also want the attractions spread out so that when the park was crowded, it did not have that jam-packed feel to it and guests could move and breathe.

Jennings is offline B-Ticket Holder

I would definetly hide names of historical disney figures and people that brought the park to life on the entrance. (For example, one way could be a name over every turnstile) Additionaly, whatever theme it would be, I would definetly want music to be a big role, to really add onto the atmosphere of the park. As for themes, I think it would be really cool to see the unbuilt Historical America Park. Thinking off the top of my head, a cool theme could be an "animated" waterpark. With areas revolving around the classic disney shorts, like maybe an area dedicated to the Silly Symphony series....

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Frankly I wouldn't add a new park.

Instead I would add at least two lands to DAK including the Beastly Kingdomme and another continent perhpas Australia or maybe an America encompassing both North and South

I would demolish the Backlot Tour and create a new land and call it the Theatre District or Broadway having themed to the NYC in the Roarin' 20s. Add a new theater show and maybe some cool James Bond ride. I would also add an attraction or 2 to Pixar Place using some of the space of the demolished Backlot Tour. I would also add a second Star Wars ride and a Mos Eisley Cantina where the Backlot Express currently is.

I would add at least 2 countries to World Showcase preferably Brazil and India but Russia, Egypt, Greece or Argentina would all be good.

Finally, refurb Fantasyland by removing the Pooh playground, making a Mine car rollercoaster after Snow White, convert the current Snow White ride to a Beauty & Beast dark ride and add the Little Mermaid dark ride from the dvd
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

^^^ Some good ideas there! I would like to see Egypt or Australia added to WSC!

What ever they do, I'd like a restaurant set out like The House of Mouse complete with a stage and screen so we can be entertained!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

I want more villains. The rumor floating around not too long ago about a villains park or a "night" park...that got me excited!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post

Instead I would add at least two lands to DAK including the Beastly Kingdomme and another continent perhpas Australia or maybe an America encompassing both North and South

I would demolish the Backlot Tour and create a new land and call it the Theatre District or Broadway having themed to the NYC in the Roarin' 20s. Add a new theater show and maybe some cool James Bond ride. I would also add an attraction or 2 to Pixar Place using some of the space of the demolished Backlot Tour. I would also add a second Star Wars ride and a Mos Eisley Cantina where the Backlot Express currently is.

I would add at least 2 countries to World Showcase preferably Brazil and India but Russia, Egypt, Greece or Argentina would all be good.

Finally, refurb Fantasyland by removing the Pooh playground, making a Mine car rollercoaster after Snow White, convert the current Snow White ride to a Beauty & Beast dark ride and add the Little Mermaid dark ride from the dvd
    You have got some awesome ideas! I definitely agree with you about the Backlot tour at DHS.It has seen its' day.Even Catastrophe Canyon is lame now.Keep up the great suggestions.I am all for getting rid of the Pooh thing behind the castle.A Mine train type coaster for kids,but big enough and thrilling enough for adults would be awesome!
    Park Hopper Dad!

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

“Theatre District” or “Broadway” ideas are really awesome. Especially, the James Bond ride idea could be a surprising addition for James Bond fans. I would like to add “Pirates of the Caribbean” ride as well due to its popularity.

Best Regards,

The 5ive O is offline A-Ticket holder

I don't know how Disney or the guests would feel about a new park being more like an amusement park. Most people go to Disney to avoid the amusement park atmosphere but some people really enjoy large thrill attractions. Places like Six Flags, Cedar Point, um...that one down the road that combines thrill rides with theming. Multiple upside-down, thrill coasters are the staple with at least two of these.

But building a new park takes an immense amount of time and money that may not be received back for a long time after opening day. It may be easier just to keep adding new attractions to each park one by one and spacing out each park just slightly. It's not like they don't have the room to expand, except for the Magic Kingdom.

I think Disney has the capacity to not only accommodate a new park, but may also (or instead) go for better and bigger attractions at the current parks.
    Man has a dream, and that's the start...

...he follows his dream with mind and heart...

...and when it becomes a reality, it's a dream come true for you and me." - Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

I gotta say I'm with you 100% plus up and improve the existing parks before building anything new. of Course I would love to see The America Park

I might convert DCA to WESTCOT
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.