Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss TTA (Wedway People Mover) gonna to be down for long? in the Vacation Planning forums; I have heard through Lou's podcasts that the TTA was going down for the Space Mountain refurb. Will it remain down for the entirety of the refurb or be returned ...
    captainhook1970 is offline A-Ticket holder

TTA (Wedway People Mover) gonna to be down for long?

I have heard through Lou's podcasts that the TTA was going down for the Space Mountain refurb. Will it remain down for the entirety of the refurb or be returned to service sooner? I am heading down to The World in mid Aug and am crossing my fingers that it will be back up by then. It is one of my family's traditional rides we do every visit and we don't wanna miss it this time! Please tell me some good news that it will be functional by then.
    PeterStan

(I may grow old, but I will never, ever outgrow The Mouse!)

1975 - First trip to Walt Disney World & first time on Space Mountain!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

Re: TTA (Wedway People Mover) gonna to be down for long?

It will not be closed for the entire Space Mountain refurb, it is scheduled to reopen August 24th.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

TTA is expected to reopen on Aug. 24th according to the Disney site
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

NOOOOO.....our trip is from the 16th to the 22nd, wouldn't ya know it!

Well this will be our first miss since my daughter's first trip when she was 5 months old! She will be 7 this trip! Hopefully she won't miss it too much ! If it wasn't for my school schedule I would seriously consider rescheduling our trip ! Thanks for the info anyway!
    PeterStan

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

My trip is also from the 16th through the 22nd. I was quite sad when I found the TTA reopening date as well...
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

No guarantees of course, but frequently when Disney does a refurb to an attraction, the official reopening is preceded by "soft openings", in which the attraction may run occasionally for a week or so while they work out any kinks that may still be present.

This may not be the case with TTA. For one thing, although I've heard they are doing some stuff to TTA, I think the main reason for it being closed is because of the SM refurb. Thus the August 24 date may just be when they think they'll be far enough along on SM that it will be safe to run TTA - in which case soft openings are unlikely.

My best advice would be to watch the internet boards, and once you get to WDW take a swing by TTA every now and again to see what is going on. I don't know how forthcoming Disney is with information about soft openings. I imagine they'd be rather tight-lipped about it, if for no other reason than to avoid disappointing guests by telling them that there may be a soft opening and then having it not occur. Still, it can't hurt to pop into guest services and ask.

Sounds like some great advice! Thanks I will definately do that!
    PeterStan

KevinInIndiana is offline A-Ticket holder

CRUD!!!! I love the PeopleMover (Sorry, I'm a traditionalist). We're going from 07/31 to 08/07.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

[quote=captainhook1970;813840]NOOOOO.....our trip is from the 16th to the 22nd, wouldn't ya know it!

Hey captainhook and Nicks10!
    Since you both will be down there at WDW at the same time,why not both of you and your families hook up,meet,make new friends and maybe hang out together as new disney fans/friends!
    Just a suggestion!
    Park Hopper Dad!

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by captainhook1970 View Post
    I have heard through Lou's podcasts that the TTA was going down for the Space Mountain refurb. Will it remain down for the entirety of the refurb or be returned to service sooner? I am heading down to The World in mid Aug and am crossing my fingers that it will be back up by then. It is one of my family's traditional rides we do every visit and we don't wanna miss it this time! Please tell me some good news that it will be functional by then.
    I just hope they have the common sense to keep it around forever. Wedway was supposed to be the original method of transportation in Walt's EPCOT when it was an actual experimental city. I'd hate to see it go.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I just hope they have the common sense to keep it around forever. Wedway was supposed to be the original method of transportation in Walt's EPCOT when it was an actual experimental city. I'd hate to see it go.
    I actually did not know that WEDway peoplemover was supposed to be included at Epcot.That would be absolutely cool.To have it go around futureworld and even into World Showcase with various stops along the way would be so awesome!I wish they would add it even now!
    Park Hopper Dad!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    I actually did not know that WEDway peoplemover was supposed to be included at Epcot.That would be absolutely cool.To have it go around futureworld and even into World Showcase with various stops along the way would be so awesome!I wish they would add it even now!
    Actually, Wedway was NOT originally intended for the "New Epcot, post Walt Disney." When Epcot was going to be an actual working city, the Wedway was going to be the public transportation system, taking people to and from work like a subway system. After Walt's death, the whole idea of Epcot changed naturally, and it became what we know now.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Actually, Wedway was NOT originally intended for the "New Epcot, post Walt Disney." When Epcot was going to be an actual working city, the Wedway was going to be the public transportation system, taking people to and from work like a subway system. After Walt's death, the whole idea of Epcot changed naturally, and it became what we know now.
    Yeah,that is quite true,but think about it.if a WEDway peoplemover was added to Epcot.Kinda like the monorail system,but strictly for Epcot only.Of course it would need to be elevated just as it is at MK,but with stops throughout with ramps to get up and down to it.If only they'd listen to me.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    Yeah,that is quite true,but think about it.if a WEDway peoplemover was added to Epcot.Kinda like the monorail system,but strictly for Epcot only.Of course it would need to be elevated just as it is at MK,but with stops throughout with ramps to get up and down to it.If only they'd listen to me.
    With the pollution-free system it would certainly fit in with Epcot's futurisitic, exploratory nature wouldn't it?
    Tim

exactly.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast