Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Annual Passholder Question in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm going to get my first AP soon, but I have a quick question. When I buy it does it start the countdown for 365 days right away or do ...
    mpd49 is offline A-Ticket holder

Annual Passholder Question

I'm going to get my first AP soon, but I have a quick question. When I buy it does it start the countdown for 365 days right away or do I have to activate it like a credit card? I'm not coming down until late Sept, but I haear the prices are going up in Aug - I'd like to buy before then, but not if buying it starts the clock. I hope my question makes some sense.

Thanks

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Annual Passholder Question

I did this last year. Bought it right before the prices went up over the phone. They'll send you a voucher in the mail. When you go down to WDW in September, bring that voucher with you to activate your AP. Your year starts from the day you cash in your voucher at the gate. Double check the back of your pass before walking away, I've heard that on occasion (rare, but it does happen) the CM messes up and does put the date of the Voucher and not the date of Redemption, it shouldn't be like that.

Hope that helps!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

mpd49 is offline A-Ticket holder

yes that helps a ton. Thanks. So, when I buy an annual pass I actually get sent a voucher (piece of paper) that I physically bring down to WDW where they turn into the actual ticket? Is it like a credit card ticket / room key looking thing?

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by mpd49 View Post
    yes that helps a ton. Thanks. So, when I buy an annual pass I actually get sent a voucher (piece of paper) that I physically bring down to WDW where they turn into the actual ticket? Is it like a credit card ticket / room key looking thing?
    Actually, believe it or not, the APs are little cardboard tickets. Similar in size and shape to a credit card, and with a magnetic stripe on the back, but much more flimsy than the ticket/room key things that you get with the MYW packages.

We've always gotten our AP vouchers at AAA (to save whopping eleven bucks a piece). The vouchers they issue are the same size and shape as the pass, and also have a magnetic stripe on the back, but they're usually a solid color. I don't know what the ones you get directly from Disney look like, but I imagine it's probably the same sort of thing. You bring it to guest services, along with your ID, and they scan the voucher, enter your personal info from your driver's license, and print you out an annual pass.

Easy as pie, just don't forget your ID. One year I left my wallet in the car (at MK no less, meaning a ferry or monorail round trip) and had to go all the way back to the car for it.

Welcome to the passholder family, I think you're really, really going to like it.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

The vouchers we got from Disney were plastic cards that were all orange on the front, with some printing of something like "This is not a ticket" or something like that. The vouchers do have codes on them so you can access the Passholder web site in advance.

You may have to ask to have the vouchers sent to you (for a fee - $3 I think) as opposed to Will Call (i.e. pick up) though.

If you can afford them now, you can get them now and protect yourself against a possible price increase later, and its one less expense as part of your trip.

The ACTUAL Annual Passes will always be made of Tyvek, a waterproof paper-like material. They are actually pretty durable if reasonable care is taken, and most CMs have reported fewer problems with them as opposed to plastic cards.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

I was actually surprised that my annual pass was pretty much like a regular ticket. I was expecting a plastic card, like a room key. I do keep mine in a plastic holder that I got to hold my NY City subway pass, so it has stayed looking pretty good. I'm far more worried about misplacing it than tearing it or getting it wet.

Welcome to the passholder family. It's fantastic!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.