Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Too Much Garbage Or An Isolated Incident? in the Vacation Planning forums; I have a real concern about this! The Magic is all about the general feel and atmosphere of the parks and not just the individual attractions. Take away that magical ...
    ZipZipperDee is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Too Much Garbage Or An Isolated Incident?

I have a real concern about this! The Magic is all about the general feel and atmosphere of the parks and not just the individual attractions. Take away that magical feeling of being away from the real world and they simply become just regular parks like many others. On a recent trip we saw trash dumped within inches of bins, thrown over railings into the flower beds and lined up on railings. The worst example of this was at Mickeys Philharmagic where we had to climb over ten or twelve empty bottles left on the floor as we moved along the row of the theatre to take our seats.

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZipperDee View Post
    I have a real concern about this! The Magic is all about the general feel and atmosphere of the parks and not just the individual attractions. Take away that magical feeling of being away from the real world and they simply become just regular parks like many others. On a recent trip we saw trash dumped within inches of bins, thrown over railings into the flower beds and lined up on railings. The worst example of this was at Mickeys Philharmagic where we had to climb over ten or twelve empty bottles left on the floor as we moved along the row of the theatre to take our seats.
    I see empty bottles quite often on Aladdin's Magic Carpets floating in the water.
    Tim

beja is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'm suspecting that it could have something to do with the large crowds at this time of year, combined with possibly less cleaning staff. I went to WDW twice during the summer months and was a little disappointed with the cleanliness of the parks and the cast members didn't seem as friendly or that they were giving 100%. When I go in the Fall, it's a world of difference. Parks are immaculate for the most part and the cast members go above and beyond. Of course it's kind of difficult to do that when there are twice as many people in the parks.
    Oct 99 OS|May 00 OS|Dec 00 OS|Aug 03 OS|May 05 AS|Oct 06 CB|Nov 07 POFQ|Nov 08 POFQ|Nov 09 CS

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    When we were at WDW last week, we lined up for Jungle Cruise and the ledges by the displays were so strewn with garbage (cups, straws, paper, you name it) we couldn't believe it. It seemed as though everyone had left their garbage in line. After a 30 minute wait, then the ride, we disembarked to find the garbage still there. It seems as though Disney isn't as quick to clean up as they used to be. We noticed this in different areas of the park but especially by Jungle Cruise.
    That was like that 2 years ago when I worked there. Our cans were overflowing, and we'd call out custodial to come empty them out, and they'd take several hours before making their way over. In the meantime, guests were placing trash all over the place, even trying to force it in an already full can. The absolute worst I've seen is when we moved our 'dock box' inside the queue, and guests piled up trash ontop of it, yuck!

ZipZipperDee is offline A-Ticket holder

On the contrary, my experience was during the second and third week of july when for that time of year, the parks were very quiet. It may have something to do with the lack of cast members picking up rash, but mostly to do with more people droping litter than ever before. I'm wondering if visitors are not coming for the overal experience of the parks anymore and are missing out on the atmosphere, setting and more unique parts of the parks because all they want is coasters and major attractions? If youdon't care about beautiful gardens, fantastic scenery or immaculate theming, then you're not going to worry aboit spoiling it? Just a thought............

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    That was like that 2 years ago when I worked there. Our cans were overflowing, and we'd call out custodial to come empty them out, and they'd take several hours before making their way over. In the meantime, guests were placing trash all over the place, even trying to force it in an already full can. The absolute worst I've seen is when we moved our 'dock box' inside the queue, and guests piled up trash ontop of it, yuck!
    I was there this June and it was a trash fest at Jungle Cruise.
    Tim

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm going with my family in the fall and I hope things are cleaner then. I think some of the problem is that some people generally don't care what they do or where they do it. It seems to be getting worse too. I see this a LOT in the Fire/EMS field. It's gotten to the point where things really don't surprise me anymore.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12