Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Epcot needs a rollder coaster in World Showcase! in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by elvistelth How about a government subsidized roller coaster behind the American Adventure? It can mirror the ups and downs of our economy. Boom times would be the ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Epcot needs a rollder coaster in World Showcase!

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    How about a government subsidized roller coaster behind the American Adventure? It can mirror the ups and downs of our economy. Boom times would be the climb and then the stock market crash or a recession could be a drop. Wait. I guess that wouldn't be possible to do now because of Florida's low water table. They couldn't simulate the plummeting we're now experiencing...forget it.
    LOL!!!! I love this idea!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

ZipZipperDee is offline A-Ticket holder

I don't believe World Showcase needs or should have a rollercoaster ride. It would destroy the atmosphere and theming of any of the countries, unless it was inside a pavilion. However, as a number of people have pointed out, there is little space. A Rhine river cruise would be a nice option or maybe simulators could be used? How about a London Dungeons type ride attraction underground? Bobsleigh simulator in Canada?

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

A Cuckoo Clock ride in Germany!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

Sharon&Randy is offline D-Ticket Holder

Interesting thought about a roller coaster, but I can't shake the original concept of EPCOT from Walt Disney. I don't know how this would work but what about somehow bringing in People Movers. It is such a big area and could you imagine sitting back and just enjoying the sights of the World Showcase. Better yet connect it with Future World. Again I don't know how the set up should be. Wouldn't want it to feel crowded. At least it would bring in a piece of history of the beginning thought of the city.

jcman3777 is offline A-Ticket holder

If there was going to be a roller coaster involved in World Showcase, it would have to be done right... and since World Showcase is a bit more adult and exclusive from an abundance of Disney characters, I would not include them in the ride. -- I would like an Egypt pavilion with an excavation site inside the pyramids. The story could be similar to the Indiana Jones adventure at Disneyland (only without Indy) but trying to stay away from the Mummy ride at Universal Studios. The mine cart thrills could be similar to the second Indiana Jones movie, Temple of Doom. It would be thrilling, intense and, I believe, very fitting for a mature World Showcase excursion.

However, I don't think roller coasters need to be involved a ton in World Showcase. Slow moving rides need to added. For instance, I would like to see a Greece pavilion with a water based boat ride going through Greek Mythology. It could be dark and mysterious. Something that, I think, Disney would love to be involved with.

brerben is offline A-Ticket holder

well, I dont think a rollercoaster would fit the style that Disney is going for in the World Showcase. The countries are supposed to grab the guests' attention, and a giant rollercoaster would be far too distracting

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

I would prefer to keep the WS thrill ride free myself. I wouldn't mind a dark ride, a show or even a 3-d kind of thing but not a coaster

If they did, I would hope they would keep it indoors for ambienence reasons
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

I'm also one who'd love to see more of the less thrilling attractions at the parks, the more unique the better. I'd love to see some kind of walk-thru attraction that's not only educational, but entertaining as you walk through several dark passages only to be encountered with a character related to the attraction either preventing you from going further, or else!, OR giving you clues on how to make your escape back to the real world. It could be be a semi-haunted house/maze attraction in Germany or UK, or even going back to a possible Egypt themed area.

And as much as a Rhine River sounds awesome, I wouldn't want to see every other country with their own boat ride down their own river. It's bad enough we have 2 of them next door to each other.

stitchythepooh is offline A-Ticket holder

A roller coaster would be fun! But in Italy I would love to have an attraction that would be a mix between Soarin' and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. You're seated in a vehicle while a movie surrounds you with the magnificent views of the Amalfi Coast...then add in the harrowing craziness of what it's like to drive on the Amalfi Coast

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

well i think they should first remove the trading post in epcot coz animal kingdom is build now so they dont need that space. so they could replace that space with an australia pavillion and place and ride there that they have at disneyland paris which is crushes roller coaster one of the best childrens roller coasters that disney have ever made.
    Though I like this idea the outpost is all we have left of the "3 forgotten pavilions"(Israel, Spain, and Equatorial Africa)

Now I do agree that World Showcase does not need a roller coaster, Future World does.

If something was to be built in World Showcase I would like to see either the Iranian, U.A.E., or Venezuela "plans" come back. Iran's not going to happen. That leave us with a Venezuela with a waterfall themed ride or U.A.E. with a magic carpet ride.

Back to future world needs a roller coaster. BRING BACK THE IDEA FOR THE LAND TO GET AN INVERTED COASTER!!! It did sound pretty awesome and the land seems like the only lucky one from "Project Gemini".

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Epcot is about the future and whats to come it does not need a rollar coaster

bmcintyre is offline A-Ticket holder

I agree with those who say no. It goes against the theme that Walt intended. Many people don't even know about the inside rides or movies at some of the lands. But if I had to plan something, I do one in France that involved the Tour de France bike race, using the wonderful scenery of the countryside and the mountains of the Alps and Pyranees. Can you imagine the hardness of climbing up one of those and then flying down the other side? But, NO, no roller coasters in Epcot.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Hmm... this thread is getting interesting now!

1. There is a rather large building behind japan (the castle) which i believe was the show building for meet the world, which apparently was canceled due to the glossing over of WWII scenes... sad the song was catchy and the attraction was great in japan.

2. I LOVE the stock market coaster idea. haha gave me a good laugh there.

3. If a roller coaster was to be placed anywhere in Epcot, I'd have it in World Showcase, where it can be easily themed and hidden into the environment. Future World is the one section that's really in need of those old AA dark rides... I don't think that one roller coaster in WS would hurt... There is plenty of room for more dark ride types.... (Dragon coaster sounds good in china.) I also like the Crush's coaster idea of half dark ride half coaster... I would like to see an original non character based ride... but thats another story.

4. About Walt's vision for EPCOT... we never were really close to his vision. even the original EPCOT center was not what he had in mind. he wanted a real working city...we have a great theme park. But i do think i understand what you mean about getting back not so much to walt's vision, but to the original EPCOT Center idea.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

I'm quite glad that Epcot doesn't have a coaster. It doesn't need one. I'd rather they come up with either an high tech darkride or something new and unique.

(or a flume. I love flumes)

mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by bmcintyre View Post
    ...if I had to plan something, I do one in France that involved the Tour de France bike race, using the wonderful scenery of the countryside and the mountains of the Alps and Pyranees. Can you imagine the hardness of climbing up one of those and then flying down the other side?
    They could use a classic Steeplechase coaster design! The only one in existence any more (that I know of) is at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in England. Imagine something like this themed to The Tour De France:

YouTube - Steeplechase. Blackpool

Pretty awesome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12