Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Epcot needs a rollder coaster in World Showcase! in the Vacation Planning forums; I've officially decided this. I know this is not new territory, but it would really be awesome. Let's plan one. Which country, theme, story, etc? The first idea that popped ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Epcot needs a rollder coaster in World Showcase!

I've officially decided this. I know this is not new territory, but it would really be awesome.

Let's plan one. Which country, theme, story, etc?

The first idea that popped into my head was Italy. How cool would a Pinnocchio - Pleasure Island roller coaster be? Pleasure Island from the movie, not the former WDW attraction. How cool would the theming, story, and the actual ride be?

Let's hear your ideas!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

lizardlynn92 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Epcot needs a rollder coaster in World Showcase!

I love the Pinnocchio idea!

My idea is for Morocco. You know how they have Aladdin themed things all around it?? We could make a rollercoaster themed like we were flying on his magic carpet through the cave of wonders trying to escape the lava (like the scene in the movie). Even though there is Magic Carpets of Aladdin in the Magic Kingdom, this would be more popular with resort guests.

Four Parks
    One World

There is just one moon
    and one Golden Sun
    And a smile means
    friendship to
    everyone

-Ezra- is offline A-Ticket holder

Back in 1989 when i was a Cm in MK, there was a rumor that a Switzerland pavilion was planned at Epcot. the plan was to build a Matterhorn ride similar to the one in Disneyland. Even though this is not an original idea, I think it would be a great addition to world showcase.

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by lizardlynn92 View Post
    I love the Pinnocchio idea!

My idea is for Morocco. You know how they have Aladdin themed things all around it?? We could make a rollercoaster themed like we were flying on his magic carpet through the cave of wonders trying to escape the lava (like the scene in the movie). Even though there is Magic Carpets of Aladdin in the Magic Kingdom, this would be more popular with resort guests.
    France and have it as a runaway high speed underground train that are so common in Europe. Have the conductor tell you everything's normal then as the train "malfunctions" you are hurtled through tunnels until they finally manage to stop the train at the end.
    Tim

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I still Like the Mt. Fuji Coaster idea in japan. I'd rather keep Italy for maybe a REALLY cool dark ride that we might maybe hopefully get someday. We need a ride as good as Pirates or the Haunted mansion... something even better than the maelstrom... Nothing too thrilling... just a good old classic E-Ticket. But back to the roller coaster... if we can't get a coaster that Brother Bear flume ride...
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

I don't think the World Showcase needs a rollercoaster. It's main purpose is to give everyone a taste of different cultures around the world, not to entertain guest with thrill rides. I think that Disney should add rollercoaster in Future World and maybe another slow-moving ride in the World Showcase.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I'd rather see that Rhine River boat ride in Germany, but if it had to be a coaster, then Italy would be a good location choice for an attraction to balance the other attractions. Perhaps a race down Mt. Vesuvius (sp) when the volcano blows.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I don't know about a roller coaster per say, although I am a roller coaster fanatic. I do agree with putting one in Future World. Maybe some other sort of thrill ride in World howcase would be a nice change of pace, such as a rapids ride or something else quick moving. I like the Rhine River idea in Germany...I like the fact that World Showcase is educational and interesting, but maybe something thrilling would attract more people to spend more time back there.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

aaron18 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Born in london england and now live in orlando florida

well i think they should first remove the trading post in epcot coz animal kingdom is build now so they dont need that space. so they could replace that space with an australia pavillion and place and ride there that they have at disneyland paris which is crushes roller coaster one of the best childrens roller coasters that disney have ever made.

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando

Either the originally planned attractions for Germany or Japan would be a welcome addition. There's actually a huge show building behind Japan that could easily house an attraction, so it would be great to see something there in the future:

epcot - Google Maps

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

aaron18 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Born in london england and now live in orlando florida

as a WDI cast member there is no hugh building behind Japan. the building that u may see as a guest is the restaurant and shop. the place which has a big space behind it is germany and china coz behind there is where we keep the old parade cars.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by aaron18 View Post
    as a WDI cast member there is no hugh building behind Japan. the building that u may see as a guest is the restaurant and shop. the place which has a big space behind it is germany and china coz behind there is where we keep the old parade cars.
    There is a building at the back of the Japan sector which is the "castle", and contains I believe a small museum, but is pretty big - one of the biggest in all of the World Showcase. It certainly seems big enough to put something else. The shop and restaurants are off to the sides.

China has a big support building behind it - there is no room back there.

There is little room behind Germany as well.

There are a few "empty" sectors remaining, but they are somewhat small, and the "trading post", which is quite large and emtpy behind there (originally planned to be the African pavilion).
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

I think some kind of Indiana jones ride would be cool in one of the countries. You could do a dark ride like at Disneyland and a roller coaster like at Disneyland Paris. Then a mattehorn ride and a volcano ride in different countries.

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    I don't think the World Showcase needs a rollercoaster. It's main purpose is to give everyone a taste of different cultures around the world, not to entertain guest with thrill rides. I think that Disney should add rollercoaster in Future World and maybe another slow-moving ride in the World Showcase.
    I totally agree!!
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    ºoº * ~ ** ~ * ºoº

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

How about a government subsidized roller coaster behind the American Adventure? It can mirror the ups and downs of our economy. Boom times would be the climb and then the stock market crash or a recession could be a drop. Wait. I guess that wouldn't be possible to do now because of Florida's low water table. They couldn't simulate the plummeting we're now experiencing...forget it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast