Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Family Magic Tour in the Vacation Planning forums; Looking into booking the Disney Family Magic Tour during our June trip and wanted to get any feedback regarding it. My Son will be turning 5 during the vacation and ...

Family Magic Tour

Looking into booking the Disney Family Magic Tour during our June trip and wanted to get any feedback regarding it. My Son will be turning 5 during the vacation and I thought it would be something fun for him. We would probably leave our younger Son with Grandma so it would just be myself, my husband and our 5 year old. Is he old enough to participate and enjoy this? I understand it is about 2 hours long. Is it something that they do in groups or is it just your family who participates? Would really like to hear any information about it as well as any positive or negative feedback. Thank you!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Looking into booking the Disney Family Magic Tour during our June trip and wanted to get any feedback regarding it. My Son will be turning 5 during the vacation and I thought it would be something fun for him. We would probably leave our younger Son with Grandma so it would just be myself, my husband and our 5 year old. Is he old enough to participate and enjoy this? I understand it is about 2 hours long. Is it something that they do in groups or is it just your family who participates? Would really like to hear any information about it as well as any positive or negative feedback. Thank you!
    Yes did this tour in May 04 with my girls and my mom and stepdad and my 15 year old stepsister IT WAS AWESOME. Bring everyone along don't leave your little one out also bring Grandma this a def family tour for everyone in your family. It is really a lot of fun you do get a break during the tour so the little one will be find and you can bring his stroller if he in one and not to give a lot away it not really a tour it something all together different. I have pictures posted in the members gallery of me and my family doing this tour if you want an idea of what it exactly is and what is involved go have a look. Also be prepare to particapte right along with the kids. I didn't do one thing with them and got ratted out to the tour guide by my own kids (go figure sheesh) but anyway if you really want to know and not be surprise let me know and I will give you more detail. This is one Disney tour that I must say is well priced and worth the money.Also if your son likes Pirates The Grand Flordian offer a pirates cruise just for him my girls did this as well.Let me know if you would like more info

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Thanks for the info Jediprincess! But a couple more questions...so is the tour done for just your family or might there be others included? Also, is it like a scavenger hunt? I see that there was a picture with Peter Pan and Wendy! Do you get private time with them?

I have thought about the pirate cruise because my Son is OBSESSED with pirates! We could open our own gift shop at POTC!!!! Do you just drop them off or is an adult able to accompany them? I am just not sure how he would do with us leaving him. How long does that cruise last? That would be an awesome thing for his birthday surprise!

Thanks again for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Thanks for the info Jediprincess! But a couple more questions...so is the tour done for just your family or might there be others included? Also, is it like a scavenger hunt? I see that there was a picture with Peter Pan and Wendy! Do you get private time with them?

I have thought about the pirate cruise because my Son is OBSESSED with pirates! We could open our own gift shop at POTC!!!! Do you just drop them off or is an adult able to accompany them? I am just not sure how he would do with us leaving him. How long does that cruise last? That would be an awesome thing for his birthday surprise!

Thanks again for all your help!
    I apologize this is coming to you so late. I wanted to post this last night but ran into some computer difficulty. But to answer your question the tour is a scavenger hunt and it not a private thing (it $25 so it canít be all that private ), but anyway there will be other families on the tour beside yours. It a really cute tour because as you see from the pictures you do get private time with Peter Pan and Wendy they do take a picture with every family on the tour and sign everybody autograph book and you donít even feel rush. Also other guess in the park arenít allow to come up to them while he talking to your family and the other families that are on the tour. Also at the end of the tour you and your family get to go on Mickey Philarmagic with Peter and Wendy and it so cool because you donít have to wait on line you go through another way and when you get in there everybody like pointing and staring at you because they see Peter Pan and Wendy just walk in and they canít come no where never the group. It cool we felt like stars the whole time plus my youngest one got to sit next to Peter and the oldest to Wendy. Oh yeah when we were walking over to Mickeyís Philarmagic you walk right through Fantasyland and of course everybody else not on the tour is like trying to get to Peter and Wendy to get pictures and our guide and some other Cast member tell them no because we were on a special tour and that only we could be with them. I know this sounds mean and unfair to the other guest but hey you did actually paid for a special tour and to be honest I felt so special even though it gear more to the kids. My youngest daughter got to hold Peter hands I have a picture of it but is so blurry but I will post it when I get home so you can see it. Also my oldest got to hold Wendyís hand as well. Oh yeah at the very end of the whole tour each family gets a certificate with each person name on it (in our case it was 6 people in our family so we just got the Thomas Family on it) and Peter and Wendy each sign it as well. But all in all it a really cute tour and I wouldnít leave your little guy out because you do get a break and so much is going on that it not going to seem like two hours so bring him and your mom along too. Now the Pirate Cruise I can only tell you what I know my kids did it and when they got back werenít very forth coming with information it was like pulling teeth trying to find out what they did. But anyway your son would have to go without you on this one it is for kids only itís about two hours they do get like a lunch my girls didnít eat it apparently neither did the other kids. They also get pirate Mickey ears that you can only get with this tour and know where else in the park (there a picture of my girls with there ears and lifejackets on if you want to see what the ears look like) What they do is they go on seven sea lagoon to some island out there (I think they go to a part of the beach of one of the resorts but I could be wrong) and they get to look for buried treasure. They apparently have a map and they pair the kids up and they follow clues for the treasure. When they get back each child gets a bag out of the pirate chest that they digged up and it just contain little nick nacks that the kids like to play with all pirate themed of course( as a mom you hate them because they usually end up on the floor ). It really cute but if you feel your son wonít do this without you donít sign him up because you wonít be able to go with him. It would be great when he getís a little older and then he could take is little brother with him and a least they would keep each other company and you and the husband can have a least two hours without the kids while your down there. Like I said each of the tours are neat and worth the money. Oh so you know I didnít tell you everything about the family magic tour I just told you the best parts and so you know Peter and Wendy show up at the end of the tour. Iím not going to tell you everything I want you to be surprised. Even though I told you the best surprise of the whole tour. But trust me you and your gang will thoroughly enjoy it. I donít know if you saw them or not but there are other pictures of the girls running all over the park and there also a picture of our tour guide she was really sweet. I hope this help you make a decision and whether or not to do the tour. Iím sorry this is so long winded but there was so much to tell you and I didnít want to leave anything out. Oh yeah one more thing there are two other things your son might want to do. One is adventure in cooking at the Grand Floridian and the other is a Tea party with Alice and the Mad Hatter also at the Grand Floridian my girls have done both of these. They have a new one there now as well call my Princess Tea party that the girls and I are going to do this October ( it about $200) but hey you only do something like that once and I do mean once and plus this one is gear more towards the girls then the boys. So that why they have the priate cruise there so it could be gear towards the boys even though there were quite a few girls when my kid did it. But as you can see there are a lot a thing for the kids to do and trust me it so much fun to see them having fun. It so neat because they get to experience Disney in a whole another way beside just the usual rides and stuff.. So have fun and let me know if you have any other questions on any other tours I have done the Dolphin in Depth so that's the only one I have done so far but I will be doing others. I promise I won't be so long winded this time I hope this helps
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 04-21-2005 at 09:17 AM.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    i plan on taking the FM tour in sept and am going to take my 2 year old dd along also(far as i know-no charge for her) i have read up a bit on the tour and asked central reservations a few questions...they do not guarantee which character will be your private meet and greet (it is usually Peter Pan tho they have had a princess or other face character) ...nor do they guarantee which ride you will go on(sometimes up to them and sometimes they let one of the kids on the tour pick)
    be prepared to be very silly--this is not a tour for extrememly shy ppl..lol not to give anything away but do you prefer to hop skip or jump? (got ya worried now huh?....lol)
    each tour does pretty much the same but it totally depends on those on the tour to make it fun they do have a relatively small limit of ppl per tour so it makes it much more intimate then some of the others i would think about 10 or so would make it just perfect...regardless the meet and greet makes it well worth the money...
    if you want a some spoilers on the tour go to www.allearsnet.com and do a search on it..not sure of exact addy for that subject... either way have fun (remember key word-fun) and dont forget to take the little one and the grand

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    i plan on taking the FM tour in sept and am going to take my 2 year old dd along also(far as i know-no charge for her) i have read up a bit on the tour and asked central reservations a few questions...they do not guarantee which character will be your private meet and greet (it is usually Peter Pan tho they have had a princess or other face character) ...nor do they guarantee which ride you will go on(sometimes up to them and sometimes they let one of the kids on the tour pick)
    be prepared to be very silly--this is not a tour for extrememly shy ppl..lol not to give anything away but do you prefer to hop skip or jump? (got ya worried now huh?....lol)
    each tour does pretty much the same but it totally depends on those on the tour to make it fun they do have a relatively small limit of ppl per tour so it makes it much more intimate then some of the others i would wthink about 10 or so would make it just perfect...regardless the meet and greet makes it well worth the money...
    if you want a some spoilers on the tour go to www.allearsnet.com and do a search on it..not sure of exact addy for that subject... either way have fun (remember key word-fun) and dont forget to take the little one and the grand
    Hey Vixen I heard about them not guaranteeing seeing Peter as well before we did the tour also read allearsnet before we took it and was prepare for a let down but as you see we didn't get let down. Also I did ask after the tour why we did Mickey Philarmagic instead of another ride becasuse I was also expecting some thing else to ride.I was told because so many people complain about it that they thought it would be fair just to do that because if you rode a ride like Dumbo or Peter Pan flight only one child would get to sit with the character so it was some what fair to do Mickey Philarmagic becasue all the kids got to sit either near him or around him. Also they said they no longer use the other characters for the meet and greet because once again people complained so much about the character not fitting the hole finding Captain Hook's hook theme. We just did our this past May so I think they had been tweaking it a bit before we went.We had a ball and we plan on doing it again this October. SO maybe by then it might even be better the first time we did it.But like I said we didn't have any of those problems and I also spoke to to reservation and they said they been fixing a lot of the problems you metion because of the compalint and they must of because we were find.

Jediprincess thank you so much for all the information! Please do not apologize for being "long winded". I was touched that you took the time to be so thorough! We are definitely going to book the FM tour....now I just need to talk to my Son about the Pirate Cruise. I have no doubt that he would love it...just not sure that he would break away from us to do it. Waiting until our youngest gets older so they can do it together is a very good idea! Thanks again for all your help!

Lissa is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hey, I know this is bringing back quite an old thread, but I wondered if anyone knew whether the Pirate Cruise is still going on? I can't find specific info on it on the WDW site.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow waiting at the end of every day!"

Follow me on Twitter @LissaRFAK

Raising Food Allergic Kids? Visit http://www.rfak.org