Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss AK Evening Extra Magic Hours in the Vacation Planning forums; Trying to do our schedule for our June trip and this will be the first trip we are making since they started doing Extra Magic Hours in the evening. I ...

AK Evening Extra Magic Hours

Trying to do our schedule for our June trip and this will be the first trip we are making since they started doing Extra Magic Hours in the evening. I see by WDW site that the parks can stay open "up to 3 hours later". Does anybody know what type of schedule they've been following for AK??? Just trying to plan if we can or will want to hop to another park after that. Their normal closing hour is 5 right? So do they stay open until 8?? If anybody has taken advantage of this I would love your input. Thank you!

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    When we were there in January it stayed open until 8. This could change. I think that Disney has worded the Extra Magic Hours with "up to" in order to adjust the length if they wanted to.

One thing to keep in mind is that the restaurants will close at the regular park closing time. When we were there they did this and I sent an email to WDW Guest Relations and they confirmed that the counter-service restaurants all close at the regular park closing. Cart vendors are still out and about, but the restaurants won't be. Once again, this could change. The Rain Forest Cafe is open until later (6:30) if you need to plan on dinner in the park.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We were there in October, and when AK had it's extra magic hours, it was open until 8pm, and every one of the rides we saw was open...it was a blast... seeing the animals later at night was fun, because more of them seemed to come out (at least on the Kilimanjaro Safari and Panganini Forest Trail...)

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar
    We were there in October, and when AK had it's extra magic hours, it was open until 8pm, and every one of the rides we saw was open...it was a blast... seeing the animals later at night was fun, because more of them seemed to come out (at least on the Kilimanjaro Safari and Panganini Forest Trail...)
    Thank you, but this was from our trip from last June.....June 2005. 8 PM closing are their normal hours during June.

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Gotcha

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!