Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What are your thoughts about Food and Wine Festival at Epcot? in the Vacation Planning forums; Going to the Food and wine Festival at Epcot and what thoughts and ideas do people have what do you like?...
    Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

What are your thoughts about Food and Wine Festival at Epcot?

Going to the Food and wine Festival at Epcot and what thoughts and ideas do people have

what do you like?

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: What are your thoughts about Food and Wine Festival at Epcot?

I personally like the Eat to the Beat concert series. In fact, that's the only reason you'll find me at Epcot during Food and Wine. It tends to be crowded and the $3 to $4 mouthfuls of food are frankly not a draw for me.

If you're "of a certain age" you're sure to find someone whose music you used to like, or about whom you've been wondering "what ever happened to...".

This year's lineup has been published and should be easily found on disneyworld.com.

Tony

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

I really love the Epcot Food & Wine Festival!!

I have taken a group of ladies down for several years, and it is always one of my favorite trips!

The added countries around world showcase really make it fun and exciting -- and don't get me started on the food -- it's fantastic! We usually take two days to eat and drink our way around the world.

I have also attended the Party For the Senses. In years past, it has really been amazing, but I have to admit, I thought last years was not as good.

The free wine tastings and talks can be a lot of fun -- but you can forget about getting in to any of them on the weekend - they just fill up too fast (and I am not about to wait in line for an hour and a half for a few sips of wine!!!)

My biggest suggestion is to go to the Food and Wine festival mid week. The weekends really pull in the locals, and on more than one occasion, I have seen some very un Disney like behavior. But in the middle of the week, World Showcase is not the least bit crowded, and it is more laid back.

I will be down this year for the start of the festival, which also coincides with WDW radios Everest Adventurers weekend!!!! Yippeee!!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

Hey I have a question for anyone going to thge Food and Wine festival this year. Can you go and take pictures and video of what the Wonders of life Pavillion looks like now. Because I'm not going to be able to go this year.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!

Will do!

I love Food and Wine. It's like adding a dollop of whipped cream on top of an Epcot chocolate pie. It's just a little bit extra to make visiting that much more delicious!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Will do!

I love Food and Wine. It's like adding a dollop of whipped cream on top of an Epcot chocolate pie. It's just a little bit extra to make visiting that much more delicious!

Hey. When you said will do. was that to my question?

TARABLUE6 is offline A-Ticket holder

I love the Food and Wine Festival. Every time we go to EPCOT we drink around the world, But The Food And Wine Festival just gives drinking around the world a new meaning. I am really looking forward to the new tequilla bar in Mexico
    A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes

KerriRocker is offline A-Ticket holder

The Food and Wine Fest rocks! It starts either on or the weekend of my birthday every year. This year will be our 4th year going to the event. I love it so much being 9 months pregnant did not keep me away last year.

I love the food and the first year we went I wanted to try as much as possible. I think I got food from 18 of the 26 countries represented that year. Last year and our first year at the fest we spent about 100-125 (for me and my husband) to try everything we wanted and get the occasional drink or two. The other years we probably spent less then a hundred.

It's much easier to swallow (pardon the pun) the $100 for all the food if you have an annual pass (which we do) but I also think it is worth it even if you don't have one to go at least once.

Hey kerrirocker. Do you think you can get a coulple pictures and a video or two of the wonders of life pavillion?

KerriRocker is offline A-Ticket holder

I thought that the wonders of life pavilion has been closed. It isn't even listed on the map anymore. Am I thinking of the correct place?

It should be open. On the last WDW live. I asked Lou about it and he said that the wonder's of life pavillion is open for events and that it will be open for the food and wine festival. I know it was open last year.

beja is offline C-Ticket Holder

I love the festival and have booked my last three trips during that time. I love using my snack credits on tasty and exotic treats rather than ice cream or fries, which I can get anywhere.
    Oct 99 OS|May 00 OS|Dec 00 OS|Aug 03 OS|May 05 AS|Oct 06 CB|Nov 07 POFQ|Nov 08 POFQ|Nov 09 CS

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

I love the food and wine festival.We ate around the world once for lunch and it was awesome,having foods from other countries besides the permanent countries.Since we don't drink alcohol,we don't do any wine tasting.We also love the concerts that are there.We've seen the Beach Boys,(actually it was only Mike Love with a younger band),Kool and the Gang,Starship,and Loverboy.have a great time!
    Park Hopper Dad!