Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss American Idol Experience in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey everyone, I didn't see a post about this, if there is already, I apologize. When I was in WDW in February, I got picked to sing on the American ...
    disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder

American Idol Experience

Hey everyone,

I didn't see a post about this, if there is already, I apologize. When I was in WDW in February, I got picked to sing on the American Idol Experience. I actually was there February 15th, so it hadn't been open long at all. It was sooo awesome, and honestly, I had very low expectations with this. It was a lot of fun, hair and makeup, vocal coach, all that. I think Disney did an awesome job with this attraction which I thought would be a waste of space. Who else has been picked to sing on the show? How did your experience go? What did you pick to sing? I'd love to hear from other musicians who have had a chance to really experience what the American Idol Experience is all about.
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!

brerben is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: American Idol Experience

my family never did the american idol experience the last time we were there, but I thought it was like the Who Wants to be a Millionaire, where you are picked and start playing immediately.

Vocal Coaches? Makeup? i didn't know they did all that

Yeah... to get picked you do a acopella audition to a song of your choice to one of the "producers". If you make it through that round, you get to the "head producer" audition... pretty similar to the actual American Idol auditions. You have to audition using a shorter version of one of the songs off of their approved song list. They pick three contestants for each show, I believe they have 6 each day. Then at the end of the day the winners of each show compete together. The final winner gets a dream ticket to an American Idol audition of their choice, getting to them to the front of the audition line. If you are chosen to do one of the shows throughout the day (which I was), you get to do an interview that they put in the show. Then they take you to do hair and makeup with a lady who is just amazing. After that you go in for fifteen minutes with a vocal coach who goes over your song choice with you a few times, telling you what you can work on. You get to run through your song on the stage as a rehearsal, then the audience comes in and you do the actual show. I was in the first show of the day and it took me from the time the park opened until about noon to be done with it all, and then also coming back for the finale show that day. It is a lengthy procedure that takes up a lot valuable time in the park, but it was totally awesome and a great experience. Next time you are in the parks, try the auditions, its so much fun. Get there early if you want to audition, because the spaces fill up pretty early in the day!
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

I must say I have absolutely zero interest in spending time there and I like the show
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

If I didn't love singing so much, I would have no interest either. If I hadn't been in the show, I more than likely would not have watched one of them. For aspiring singers, it's a nice chance to perform though, and possibly get a little help at a real AI audition. I have been singing all over since I was little so it was awesome for me, but I don't think wasting an hour of my Disney time watching that kind of thing would be very exciting. Disney did a great job with the attraction though, follows very close with the actual show.