Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Would KISS make a good attraction in the Studios? in the Vacation Planning forums; With the upcoming release of the new KISS album Sonic Boom , I was wondering if KISS would fit in the Studios. We already have Aerosmith on the Rock n' ...
    TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

Would KISS make a good attraction in the Studios?

With the upcoming release of the new KISS album Sonic Boom, I was wondering if KISS would fit in the Studios. We already have Aerosmith on the Rock n' Roller Coaster, and I think KISS, with their over the top stage show and larger than life personas would be a perfect fit for an attraction in Disney's Hollywood Studios. Would it be a rollercoaster, ride-through, stage show, or something else? Lets hear some ideas!

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Would KISS make a good attraction in the Studios?

I have to say, please no KISS
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Well there are rumours that Aerosmith's contract is coming to an end with WDW and that it might not be renewed. So i guess KISS would slide in perfectly in their place if it came to it

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

I don't think KISS would be a very good fit. Frankly, younger kids might be a little frightened. Gene Simmons still freaks me out a bit
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by tdf192 View Post
    Well there are rumours that Aerosmith's contract is coming to an end with WDW and that it might not be renewed. So i guess KISS would slide in perfectly in their place if it came to it
    I am doubtful that Disney would become involved with KISS. They are much more likely to replace Aerosmith with the Jonas Brothers or something
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

SevenSeasLagoon is offline E-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    I am doubtful that Disney would become involved with KISS. They are much more likely to replace Aerosmith with the Jonas Brothers or something
    No Jonas Bros. Rock N Roller Coaster

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by TTAfanatic View Post
    With the upcoming release of the new KISS album Sonic Boom, I was wondering if KISS would fit in the Studios. We already have Aerosmith on the Rock n' Roller Coaster, and I think KISS, with their over the top stage show and larger than life personas would be a perfect fit for an attraction in Disney's Hollywood Studios. Would it be a rollercoaster, ride-through, stage show, or something else? Lets hear some ideas!
    It's intriguing but seems unlikely. I think if they use another group or star, it will probably be in the Disney family like Miley Cyrus or Jonas Bros.
    Tim

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

KISS would be GREAT!!!!!
    Gene Simmons is actually a very good and decent man.
    He has acheived and lives the american dream.
    I actually think they (kiss) would fit very well at WDW or DLR.
    Despite the stage act...KISS is a group with pretty high standards (morally).
    I do like aerosmith also. Id take either one.

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...

No, KISS would not fit in at WDW.

And, please, no Jonas Brothers.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Kiss is awful. They are known for their makeup; not their music. Ask non-kiss fans to name any one of their songs besides Rock 'n Roll all night and the majority can't do it. That's because none of their music is meaningful nor memorable. I say they don't belong in a Disney park. They would fit Universal better.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

NO Kiss!! Don't think they would fit into anything WDW has.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Instead of tying the Rock 'n Roller Coaster to another band I wish they could somehow change the theme so it fits in with the Tower of Terror. I'd prefer some kind of 40's feel to it with the creepy echoey big band music like the ToT plays in its queue. That would be a unifying element which would go better with the surrounding Sunset Blvd. neighborhood. The Aerosmith tie in is an anachronism that I never really liked from the beginning. I never felt Aerosmith was a good fit with Disney...but kiss would be 10x worse and the Jonas Bros. or Hannah aren't really popular with many who are out of their teens.
    Last edited by elvistelth; 08-25-2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: spelling

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Kiss is awful. They are known for their makeup; not their music. Ask non-kiss fans to name any one of their songs besides Rock 'n Roll all night and the majority can't do it. That's because none of their music is meaningful nor memorable. I say they don't belong in a Disney park. They would fit Universal better.
    Actually, KISS is known for their concerts. They also have sold the 13th most albums of ANY band...So, despite the appreciation or lack thereof of their music....they HAVE accomplished ALL that matters, Success. (any their concerts STILL sell out EVERY time.) In big arenas.
    Obviously, there is better bands, but some of those bands have sold and made less money. And, as even the great Frank Sinatra stated "its ALL about the money baby"
    As for Disney standards..KISS would fit just fine.
    Personally, id like to also see Metallica there also. They just plain rock.
    I dont put too much into whose "worthy of WDW" or acceptable.
    Disney needs to go with who is BIG and successful. Period.
    Aerosmith IS HUGE, Kiss is HUGE, Metallica is HUGE...The list goes on. Actually, Journey is absolutely MEGA HUGE right now and they always have been.
    Jonas Brothers is also HUGE for younger folks, Disney needs to go with where the $$$$ is.
    Note: you also stated "a non kiss fan couldnt name any other songs...."
    I absolutely consider the rolling stones to be horrible, i am a non fan, i connot name one song off hand that the sing.
    That doesnt make them less popular. Not being able to name a groups song by a "non fan" means nothing.
    But i DO agree, why does the ride need ANY group. Just as you stated, theme it and leave it "group free".
    Last edited by edwardsfire; 08-24-2009 at 04:00 PM.

xz3rox is offline A-Ticket holder

I honestly dont see KISS fitting in at disney.....Aerosmith BARELY pulls it off!
    Party on,
    xz3rox

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsfire View Post
    Actually, KISS is known for their concerts. They also have sold the 13th most albums of ANY band...So, despite the appreciation or lack thereof of their music....they HAVE accomplished ALL that matters, Success. (any their concerts STILL sell out EVERY time.) In big arenas.
    Obviously, there is better bands, but some of those bands have sold and made less money. And, as even the great Frank Sinatra stated "its ALL about the money baby"
    As for Disney standards..KISS would fit just fine.
    Personally, id like to also see Metallica there also. They just plain rock.
    I dont put too much into whose "worthy of WDW" or acceptable.
    Disney needs to go with who is BIG and successful. Period.
    Aerosmith IS HUGE, Kiss is HUGE, Metallica is HUGE...The list goes on. Actually, Journey is absolutely MEGA HUGE right now and they always have been.
    Jonas Brothers is also HUGE for younger folks, Disney needs to go with where the $$$$ is.
    Note: you also stated "a non kiss fan couldnt name any other songs...."
    I absolutely consider the rolling stones to be horrible, i am a non fan, i connot name one song off hand that the sing.
    That doesnt make them less popular. Not being able to name a groups song by a "non fan" means nothing.
    But i DO agree, why does the ride need ANY group. Just as you stated, theme it and leave it "group free".
    blah blah blah...kiss is a joke. Please don't stink up Disney property with their feculent brand of noise. Take away the makeup and circus act and they're nothing more than a typical garage band.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast