Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Marvel Characters in World Showcase in the Vacation Planning forums; I was just thinking about where Disney could plug in Marvel Characters in the parks, and I think a small feature in each of the World Showcase pavillions featuring a ...
    TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

Marvel Characters in World Showcase

I was just thinking about where Disney could plug in Marvel Characters in the parks, and I think a small feature in each of the World Showcase pavillions featuring a character native to that country would be nice. Please note that I said "small feature", as I would not want a superhero or villian to take over an pavillion, they are fine just the way they are, but it would be cool to see a little display or something to promote comic books and reading in general. A few of my ideas were:

Captain America in America
    Wolverine in Canada
    Thor in Norway

So what do you think? How could characters be incorporated, and what characters would you pick to be highlighted? This is just a fun idea, so lets keep the "Superheroes don't belong in Epcot" posts to a minimum.

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Marvel Characters in World Showcase

All I would say is that I appreciate the creative thought but...

I WOULD BOYCOT WDW IF THIS HAPPENED
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

harra is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by DarGoku368 View Post
    All I would say is that I appreciate the creative thought but...

I WOULD BOYCOT WDW IF THIS HAPPENED
    Did you boycot Disney when they added Mighty Morphin Power Rangers at Disney's Hollywood Studios? What about when they had Ace Ventura, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

Did you boycot when Pixar characters were added to the parks (they are also a Disney acquisition)?

Did you boycot when Lucas characters (Star Wars, Indiana Jones) was added to the parks?

To me, Marvel characters are Disney Characters now, just like Woody, Buzz, The Incredibles and all the other Pixar characters from movies that were made before Disney bought them and they have every right to be used in whatever fashion they see fit.

But, you also have the right to not like it and stop giving them your hard earned dollars.

Just remember, Walt never wanted his empire to be a museum. Change will happen and he wanted it that way. I think all this fits within how he envisioned his entertainment company to be run
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

The only ones I would like to see are Thor and Captain America in there respective countrys

Quote Originally Posted by harra View Post
    Did you boycot Disney when they added Mighty Morphin Power Rangers at Disney's Hollywood Studios? What about when they had Ace Ventura, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

Did you boycot when Pixar characters were added to the parks (they are also a Disney acquisition)?

Did you boycot when Lucas characters (Star Wars, Indiana Jones) was added to the parks?

To me, Marvel characters are Disney Characters now, just like Woody, Buzz, The Incredibles and all the other Pixar characters from movies that were made before Disney bought them and they have every right to be used in whatever fashion they see fit.

But, you also have the right to not like it and stop giving them your hard earned dollars.

Just remember, Walt never wanted his empire to be a museum. Change will happen and he wanted it that way. I think all this fits within how he envisioned his entertainment company to be run
    First of all your not talking the addition of one frnachise like the Power Rangers or TMNT that had it's own sort of fan base.....you are talking about a company that has countless number of characters and that has been doing it's own sort of deal since 1933, with it's own expanded universe and all........so thats a bad example

Talking about Pixar? Are we referring to the same company that has been with Disney since it's first movie and hasn't made a movie without Disney......another bad example

I understand change has to happen and I see what Marvel can bring to this company but let WDW do it's thing and Marvel find it's way into somewhere else (like the Disney Channel, which needs a major male based boost)
    4 8 15 16 23 42

Just one more thought

Im sure there is a good way to integrate the Marvel characters into the park but at the same time I dont want disney to force anything it doesn's have to.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

Hey everyone, I created this thread to do a little dreaming, and have some fun, not argue back and forth, so lets have some fun and post your ideas, not create drama. Anyway, one idea I had was to have a little kiosk outside a pavillion to detail the history of a superhero in his particular comic book, how he or she has impacted pop culture, and possibly movie appearances or whatever. It could also detail a little bit about how the superhero relates to the country.

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

Thorin' over California

(borrowed idea-not my own)

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I would prefer not to have the Marvel characters in WS. I like the characters that are there now. There might be a section in DHS that could be dedicated to the Marvel characters. Perhaps the Sounds Dangerous building could be transformed into some kind of Marvel attraction with the characters.