Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss If you could add one nation... in the Vacation Planning forums; Another for Scotland or Ireland. Something about the castles would just fit great there....
    crow11ad is offline A-Ticket holder
    Another for Scotland or Ireland. Something about the castles would just fit great there.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Egypt and Russia would be awesome. I think Aussie would work better at AK. I would also like to see a Holland area (Netherlands)...windmills, wooden shoes, chocolate.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    How about Brooklyn and the Jersey Shore? They're like their own litle worlds anyway, right?

Seriously, though... I think Egypt would be amazing (and save me on airfare and potentially scary food if I have to actually go there)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Russia, Egypt-great ideas!! Laura

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I say Greece, or put a full size replica of Vatican City. Or, maybe they could use one of the islands in WS Lagoon and make it an island nation, like Tahiti or Jamaica? Maybe...what do y'all think?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think Russia would be a good addition. I think they should build a replica of the British Airways London Eye in the UK Pavillion.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've always thought that an Australia pavilion would be cool, as well as India, with it's unique cuisine and interesting architecture.
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    As much as I like the sound of Greece, Russia, and Australia; I think I'd have to vote for Egypt as well. Then again, my decision may be a bit biased due to my affinity to SG-1. (~)

FrumiousBoojum is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't see Greece and Egypt coming along too soon. The reason being is that aspects are too similar to what they already have. Look at the Roman influence in Italy, for example. And for foods? Morocco, Greece, and Egypt are extremely similar since they're all Meditereanean foods.

Scotland and Ireland are already represented at epcot in the form of the UK so, while they'd make good additions on their own, they're not very likely to expand the UK to focus on Scotland and Ireland more.

Australia? Definitely something better for AK. Epcot has a great focus on regional architecture and Australia doesn't have much -- mostly has natural beauty.

My choices: Switzerland (Disney has some movies they could play up big-time for this already, plus WDW finally gets a Matterhorn!) and Russia (apparently the most requested country...).

As for AK, I would like to see an Indian restraunt added... I love Indian food and there's a huge lack of any good Indian food in their Asia section.

-Tim

fromherashes is offline A-Ticket holder
    They need Australia *somewhere*, that's for sure.

I think Egypt and Russia are both great ideas for the World Showcase. Egypt is different enough culturally from Morocco that I don't see the potential overlap as being a problem, though I think it would be a bit of a problem with Greece, as quite a few of it's elements are either covered in Italy or Morocco.

While I have personal reasons to want to see an Egypt there, I think Russia is the best choice out of every place people have suggested. In fact, I really can't think of a better one!
    Hathaway Browne and Samantha Sterling are my heroes!

All I want is a Kingdom Hearts ride... is that so much to ask?

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    As I'm sure many of you already know, there was a Russia pavilion that was not only "on the drawing board", but was planned for construction and even anncounced in the 90's.

It could be seen in employee reports as well a brochures handed out in EPCOT Center itself.

Here is an excert from that report:

Soviet Union Showcase -- A USSR showcase is the addition most requested by EPCOT Center visitors. Its towering onion-domed spires and bold architecture will add a breath-taking new silhouette to the World Showcase skyline by the end of 1999.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Luxemburg?

i have a hundred of bad jokes running through my head but am going to keep them to myself. you'll get the idea from this list of countries: Iraq, Croatia, India, Phuket Island in Thailand...................ok, i'm a bad person, i'll stop.

seriously, i'd love to see Russia as one of the countries.

rhodisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think a pavilion depicting India would be beautiful. The pavilion could be modeled after the Taj Mahal right down to the long, narrow reflecting pool in front of it. I see topiaries of elephants and a good sit-down resteraunt that served Indian cuisine, and shops that sells lots of brightly colored beaded things!!!
    Planning our 11th trip!!!
    Week after Christmas 2007POP Century
    Loved the new Pirates movie!!

disneygramma is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Russia would be a great one to think about...but doesn't the country depicted have to put up some of the monies for the exhibit??? Right now Russia has a problem feeding its' own people. It would be terrible to have the exhibit started and then sit for years.
    Austraila would be terrific!! there are so many wonderful tourist spots that could be depicted. My vote would be for Austraila.
    Second star to the right....straight on till morning!!!:mickey:

C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...
    Just thinking from a movie and character tie-in, I would think that Egypt would be a bit tough. You've already got Aladdin in Morocco, so who would you put in Egypt? I suppose you could stretch things, and maybe go for Uncle Scrooge McDuck, and his nephews - go for a Duck Tales tribute sort of thing. You could definitely end up with some funny ride moments with Scrooge's gold fetish and the pyramid treasures. Either that, or you'd just have to go with a non-nation specific character, and put them in the local garb. Maybe Chip and Dale would work?

Egypt would be fun, but I think Greece has built in character links, and popular ones too. Give Hercules a nice home...

If you were going to add a country, I would throw in a few at once though. Make another arc or concentric circle near the existing areas....
    I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it - Edgar Allan Poe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast