Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss If you could add one nation... in the Vacation Planning forums; Well, Africa, Israel and Spain may never have been built, but rumors of new attractions (Canada) and pavilions surface all the time. I got to thinking (we warned you about ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Arrow If you could add one nation...

Well, Africa, Israel and Spain may never have been built, but rumors of new attractions (Canada) and pavilions surface all the time. I got to thinking (we warned you about that, Lou)

If you could add one nation to World Showcase, what would it be, and what type of themeing/attraction could you envision?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Well, I would say Australia, but I've often heard rumors of an Australian area being added to AK and i think there is a lot more potential there.

For architectural beauty, how about Russia? The cold war is long gone so now we don't have to consider them evil anymore. There is a rich cultural heritage there that could be explored (not to mention the vodka).

New Zealand is hugely popular these days. with all the film makers choosing to shoot there, it would be fairly easy to get someone to capture that beauty. heck, isn't Power Rangers produced there now? Disney already has a connection!

more than anything though I think the focus should be on getting more attractions created in the existing countries. there needs to be more than just shopping and food (don't get me wrong, I have no problem with shopping and food, but they do need a few decent attractions that aren't films).
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    One of the Slavic countries - being of that descent- I would find it interesting - and the food would be great!!!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Australia would be good, Russia would surely stand out. I think both of those are great choices.

Loric is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Egypt, Cambodia (think Angkor Wat), and Fiji.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I'm with you on this one, Loric... I think Egypt would be an incredible addition to WS. The possibilities for attractions are amazing... Pyraimids, Nile River ride, Sphinx...

Will it ever happen? Likely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Loric
    Egypt, Cambodia (think Angkor Wat), and Fiji.
    Lou Mongello

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    wow! I hadn't even thought about Egypt!
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

Jennifer2003 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Egypt or Russia sound good.

Question though: Is Australia country or a continent or both? We're on North America but are in the US...isn't Australia like that with little countries?? (I swear I took Global Studies in 9th & 10th grades! Two year course! But I can't remember this!!!)

Feeling foolish...
    -Jennifer

Loric is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Australia is both.

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    How about Greece? I've been there before and the architecture, history, people and more are absolutely amazing!!! They could do like a large Parthenon, with huge statues, etc. and even an attraction I'm sure!

Crzy4Dzny is offline A-Ticket holder
    Are the Netherlands a nation? Never was good in History. I'd like them and/or Ireland & Scotland. See, told you I wasn't good in history.

Katie

I think that any nation that celebrates Festivus is a good addition!

Lou Mongello

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    This is a neat thread!

I love the ideas of Australia, Russia and Greece. Each has a rich history with lots of "icons" that would mark the territory so well in WS. I like Fiji too as a representation of a part of the world that is completely unrepresented in WS. Besides, I'm enjoying thinking of what the CM's would be wearing!

I will also add Argentina or Brazil. A whole continent being pretty much ignored right now. Though there are times it seems like half those countries' populations are already visiting WDW!
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

epcot man is offline B-Ticket Holder
    australia russia egypt and greece are all great choices--just think of the possibilities. brazil,and my favourite choice -- india(for the food)-heck i bet disney could afford it---- wouldn't it be great if they built them all:mickey:

How about an Australia or New Zealand? I just heard from someone who returned recently that they are absolutely gorgeous (and great food, too!!)
    Lou Mongello

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast