Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Stitch's Great Escape in the Vacation Planning forums; My lovely wife has an aversion to anything creepy or crawly (It's Tough to be a Bug was horrifying for her) and I am concerned after ready some reviews that ...
    tuneboy is offline A-Ticket holder

Stitch's Great Escape

My lovely wife has an aversion to anything creepy or crawly (It's Tough to be a Bug was horrifying for her) and I am concerned after ready some reviews that Stitch's Great Escape could be a problem for her as well.

So my question is this: If you have ridden this ride are there things on it that may fall into the creepy crawly category? For that matter, was there anything you didn’t like about the ride?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by tuneboy; 10-29-2009 at 02:12 PM.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Stitch's Great Escape

It's been a while, but to the best of my recollection there's nothing that you'd call "creepy crawly". I guess some of what I'm about to write could be considered spoilers, so consider yourself warned.

The closest thing to contact that you get in Stitch is an effect during the portion of the show that occurs in the dark of having Stitch jump from chair to chair, and at one point landing on your shoulders. This is simulated by making the overhead harness bounce up and down a little bit. This effect was also present in the old show.

There are a couple of other physical effects from Alien Encounter that I can't remember whether they were carried forward into Stitch. In one scene, the alien used to be right behind you, and you could feel it breathing on the back of your neck. I don't know if they use that effect in Stitch or not, but I suppose you might consider that creepy.

In another effect from Alien Encounter, water drips on you from above. It was especially creepy in that show because the story was that someone was killed by the alien above you and you were being splattered with the resulting gore. I'm not sure if Stitch uses this effect either, let alone how it fits into the story line, but I'd imagine it is either drooling or sneezing if it is there at all.

Sorry the information is thin. I would not have posted at all if anyone else had answered, but they hadn't yet when I saw this. With any luck some more recent Stitch fans will be able to fill in some of the gaps.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Stitch blows "hotdog" breath in your face and it smells kind of gross. Plus, it's not really a good ride to begin with. It's just a rehash of alien encounter.

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

well.. i wouldn't say there is anything creepy. accept the harness on you pushes down. and the hotdog part is just disgusting. truth is. I wouldn't even go on it if I was you. It's not that good of a ride. But, hey maybe you will like it. It's just my opinion. If there's no wait (almost always) and you have a fastpass for say space mountain (when it comes back) you could always just go on it.

tuneboy is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank you everyone!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

If you've ever been on it, it's false advertising to even use the word "great" in describing this attraction. "Stitch's Mediocre Escape" would have been much closer to the truth.

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Gotta go with the majority on this. The ride is pretty crummy, but I don't find anything creepy about it at all.
    Tim

DisneyDude91 is offline A-Ticket holder

Stitch's Great Escape was a waste for me when I went, so if you do go on this ride and hate it, go to the Monsters Inc show. It will totally make up for the Stitch ride.

heatherhy01 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I agree, when we went on this ride, the kids were scared because it is really dark and loud! We ended up sneaking out of the exit before the ride was even over. I will probably never go back on it because I was not interested either!

"When people laugh at Mickey Mouse, it's because he's so human; and that is the secret of his popularity."
    -Walt Disney

VGL_Lynx is offline B-Ticket Holder

Yet another voice of agreement. "Stitch" just isn't a good attraction. "Alien Encounter" was very intense. The preshow was great and I miss SIR a lot. Tim Curry's voice over for SIR was hysterical.

I had refused to ride "Stitch" until this year because I had heard such bad things. But eventually the lure of a 5 minute or no line attraction can bend your will on a 99 degree day. My kids (8, 5 and 5) did not enjoy it in any sense. Not scary, not funny, just blech.

Trivia Note #1745645292, "Alien Encounter" was originally pitched by Imagineering to be their first "rated R" attraction. Disney has just hooked up the "Alien" license for the Studios. Can you imagine "Alien Encounter" with a xenomorph from the Alien movies? Kids would have been crying! Cooler heads prevailed and the "Aliens" stayed out of the Magic Kingdom.

Judging on his track record, "Stitch" should have joined them.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    If you've ever been on it, it's false advertising to even use the word "great" in describing this attraction. "Stitch's Mediocre Escape" would have been much closer to the truth.
    I agree.But let's call it,"Stitch's Sorry Escape!" I wish he would escape and never come back!This IS a waste of precious "Disney time" at the park.
    Hey Elvistelth,where's our little Crabby-Baby?

Lastly,I agree with the other poster,go to the Monsters Inc show,it is great and is would be worthy of being called "The Great Monsters Inc Show",in my opinion.Why? because there is no Stitch.Whew!
    Park Hopper Dad!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

The effects are about the same as any other special effects show, water dripping on you, chili dog breath, neck ticklers, possible leg ticklers, restraints pushing down, etc. But despite all that, with the crummy story, these effects are more annoying than creepy, IMO.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I don't know why they call this one Stitch's Great Escape. The moment those shoulder restraints lift up, it becomes The Audience's Great Escape.

In a word... awful.

Stitch's Great Escape? Worst ride EVER!

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Hurry people,let's get out of here!!!!!!!!!!
    Park Hopper Dad!