Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss keep sakes from your trip that don't cost you a thing...... in the Vacation Planning forums; The drink Surfboards and Ski stirrers from the waterpark bars. Great to sit on your deck with a cold rum beverage- once you are home to plan, dream and devise ...
    bethinthesun is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: keep sakes from your trip that don't cost you a thing......

The drink Surfboards and Ski stirrers from the waterpark bars.
    Great to sit on your deck with a cold rum beverage- once you are home to plan, dream and devise your next Disney vacation.
    You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas.

Monorail Orange is offline C-Ticket Holder

Unused fastpasses. I keep them in my car, and I occasionally make the corny joke of "just missing" my chance at riding Space Mountain that day. Actually, they're pretty cool to collect. Even if you use all the fastpasses you get, you can always try to use a ticket again to get a "NOT A VALID PASS" ticket. Voila! El Cheapo Souvenir.
    Monorail Orange

"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas."

2009 Walt Disney World Half Marathon Finisher
    2009 Disneyland Half Marathon Finisher
    2009 Coast to Coast Challenge Medalist

Next Up: 2012 Walt Disney World Tower of Terror 10 Mile Race (with my wife!)

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Park guide-maps, time sheets, napkins, receipts, flyers, brochures, stickers... I know they're not free, but we collect pressed pennies as well, and they're a really cheap and fun souvenier.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I used to collect napkins, plates, etc, for the different themes WDW ran, but one day I looked a pile and realized I had to be a real nut to save that a bunch of unused papergoods. So, I finally tossed them all and now I just hang on to old park maps.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    Park guide-maps, time sheets, napkins, receipts, flyers, brochures, stickers... I know they're not free, but we collect pressed pennies as well, and they're a really cheap and fun souvenier.
    I agree. Not free but the cheapest and most fun souvenier you can get.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i love pressed pennies
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I keep the shampoo,soap,pens, coasters, Extra Magic hour bracelets when they still had them, maps,time guides, bags, brochures, I have all the types of the luggage tags from the cruise line,Napkins,fastpass,keys to the world,tickets... I keep like everything =]
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

lol me too.. i have shampoos and soaps, pens, etc.. etc.. lol

infact i have all kinds of mickey shampoo under my bathroom sink..lol and i cant bring myself to use it...lol
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    My DD and husband were waiting outside the Rock'n in DHS when she was 4 years old. They were sitting on the wall to the entrance dividing the food court from the attraction. Good place for her to wander about without getting trampled.

It was her Daddy's Birthday. He noted her mulling around a bush. She came over to her Daddy, with about two dozen tiny leaves from the bush. "Happy Birthday Daddy, now you have a bush form your favorite place in the world." He put them in a film canister and then a tiny clear container about the same size when we got home. These sit on his blue print board at work still, 14 years later.
    Aw cute story!

I keep all the park maps and tickets as well and then we always go ask for buttons at the information desk in Magic Kingdom

Also do the pressed pennies as a cheap souvy!

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough

room keys/park hoppers. keep em in my wallet
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder

I have just about every single hotel key card and park ticket we've gotten since 2005

ftlsfams71 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by langway4 View Post
    All the Kidcot Fun Stop masks are free!!!
    The masks are GREAT!!! When I was younger I had gone around the world and made one. It's really neat to look at it every once in a while, because since you create it yourself it's unique and just your own. Not to mention FREE. When Epcot first started doing the masks they had string, beads, paper, hole punches, all kinds of supplies. Last month I went with my cousin and we started in Mexico and picked up a mask just for fun as well as buying snacks at different countries (Japan's market is awesome!). We had so much fun just sitting with all the little kids and coloring our masks. Now they only have sharpies to decorate with and my cousin and I noticed there was only one black sharpie at every station (fun fact). It is neat to compare my masks. They look a bit similar because I guess in the back of my mind I remembered what I had done on my old mask...

I also keep almost anything, such as fastpasses, room keys, emh bracelets, tickets, and maps especially! The older maps are fun to compare to the newer ones to see the subtle changes. What can I say I'm a disneygeek!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”
    -Walt Disney

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Napkins, Menus (asked for), maps, soaps and stuff from the resort room etc!...
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

dwdiva is offline A-Ticket holder

Not sure if this counts as a free souvenier BUT...

Along with autograph book, we take a pillowcase and a fabric marker, and have the characters that are real special to them autograph it instead...All 4 of my kids LOVE their character pillows. My son had all of the Star Wars autograph his during Star Wars weekend, one daughter had the fab five, one had princesses, and one had EVERYONE ! I have an embroidery machine, so I embroidered their names and the dates when we got home.

*One tip- if you do this- get an inexpensive embroidery hoop from the craft/fabric store, and hoop the section to be autographed, and reposition with the next autograph. When the characters are in a hurry it is hard to keep the fabric tight and autograph...this just makes it a little easier.

lizardlynn92 is offline D-Ticket Holder

There is a sign above every toilet in any disney resort hotel room. It has Jiminy Cricket on it, and he reminds you to re-use towels for the environment. I took that from the room one year and my mom framed it and hung it above our toliet at home, reminding us that she doesnt need to do millions of loads of towels a week and that we need to conserve water and energy

And i also save maps, napkins (clean ones lol) bags, shampoos, soaps, any papers that they give at check in, room keys, reciepts, mickey stickers, and even a towel now and then, but shhhhh

Four Parks
    One World

There is just one moon
    and one Golden Sun
    And a smile means
    friendship to
    everyone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast