Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss WDW blues? in the Vacation Planning forums; You know i am so happy I found these boards because I thought I was crazy to miss Walt Disney World so much. I am just glad I am not ...
    mommy2allgirls is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW blues?

You know i am so happy I found these boards because I thought I was crazy to miss Walt Disney World so much. I am just glad I am not alone!
    Casey

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Well welcome. I know what you mean about the blues. I still haven't listened to a Podcast since our last trip. I find it too depressing. Sorry Lou.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Here is another link with WDW park music, Sounds
    Oh! This is so wonderful! Thank you! I just listened to Wishes and cried! Don't know when I will be able to get back. So sad. This really helps!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'm so glad you guys are all here to talk to and that there is such a great forum for all of us. Someone mentioned above that they get depressed when listening to podcasts and stuff, and a lot of the time that happens to me too. It's like when I watch or read WDW stuff, it makes me even more sad because I'm not there. It's sad, because I want to do stuff to make me feel closer to it, but when I do sometimes it makes me even sadder... weird, huh?
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!

I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"

I have had the Disney Blues for quite a while now... going on 2 years and almost 3 months so I hear ya. What helps me is listening to Disney park music at Welcome to D-CoT | Disney Theme Park Music and Community of Tomorrow It's FREE and there are over 1,000 songs!!! Hang in there
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder

I just returned from a trip, and my blues got kicked up pretty bad now that I am home
    Disney World is not just a place, but an experience.

Back in the world for the 2013 Marathon Weekend!

WDW

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I did WDW and Disneyland Paris within exactly one month of each other in Nov and Dec, so I've pretty much got it out of my system for the foreseeable future.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I did WDW and Disneyland Paris within exactly one month of each other in Nov and Dec, so I've pretty much got it out of my system for the foreseeable future.
    I've always wondered about the foreign Disney parks. How was it?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

If you have Netflix, there are some shows that have been featured on the travel channel that you can watch instantly:
    Disney Parks: Behind the Scenes
    Disney Parks: Undiscovered Disney
    Disney Parks: Ultimate Walt Disney World
    Disney Parks: Disney's Animal Kingdom
    Disney World Resort: Behind the Scenes

I keep these in my instant queue and watch them every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I've always wondered about the foreign Disney parks. How was it?
    I really still need to get my trip report together. At least that one will be full of pictures. Basically I enjoyed one half of the parks there. When I left London, it was overcast. As the Eurostar made its way to Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy it was getting worse, and by the time I arrived, it was pouring. For three days straight. Wonderful.

One thing about DLP is that they have a minimum two-night stay and you have to buy length-of-stay tickets (which amounts to three days). They do give you free breakfast, which was nice. The first park I hit was their Hollywood Studios and it was AWFUL. Too small, not much to do, and I was absolutely miserable. I couldn't believe I still had two and a half more days of that place to go.

I walked out and over to the left, under the Disneyland Hotel, and to the Magic Kingdom. They have a weird Arcade on either side of Main Street. It's basically a covered walkway from one end to the other, though I could see it being useful during parades when you just want to get in or leave without crowds. I had a FAR better time in Disneyland than I did at the Studios. The park was great, the French people were, um, lousy, to say it in a kind way. My brother in law from England kept telling me how much smaller Disney was there than in America and that I would be disappointed. I didn't find that to be the case at alland enjoyed my time at the Magic Kingdom.

More to come whenever I can find the time (and interest) to write up my report.

By the way, I still have a few park maps left for anyone who might want to add a set to your Disney collection. Let me know and I'll happily put them in the mail to you.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

I'm much the same. I get sick of WDW by the time I'm finished every visit, and the lingering memories of heat, sweat, glare and disappointment keep me at bay for the first few months once i'm home...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    I'm much the same. I get sick of WDW by the time I'm finished every visit, and the lingering memories of heat, sweat, glare and disappointment keep me at bay for the first few months once i'm home...
    yeh you have the same problem i have it seems... its called i can only go to WDW in the summer or when schools are out...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    yeh you have the same problem i have it seems... its called i can only go to WDW in the summer or when schools are out...
    When I get there to check in and I see people checking out, I always feel a bit sorry for them. Then, by the time I'm checking out, I am DONE with that place for a year and am looking forward to heading home.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

When I get there to check in and I see people checking out, I always feel a bit sorry for them. Then, by the time I'm checking out, I am DONE with that place for a year and am looking forward to heading home.

i know that feeling... but try explaining that to my g/f... when we were at the airport leaving she said... "when are we going back...?" she also has a tendency to get upset when i play any of my music... especially the Wishes track... but we get to go back in August and that last one was her first one... lets see how she is after that...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

I teach 5th grade, and our secretary and bookkeeper are Disney fans, too. It helps to talk with them, share memories, tips and future plans. So many people think I am crazy when I talk about going back and say things like, "Disney again? Why?" I just can't explain it to them and honestly get tired of trying. So, I don't try anymore! I just say, "Yep!" and walk
    on . . . My daughters love it as much as I do and are ready to go back anytime! I think I will by the Vault of Walt to read for now. By June I should know if I can afford it this year. Glad I have this forum!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast