Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Crying Moments at Disney in the Vacation Planning forums; I think that the closing fireworks from Illuminations: Reflections of Earth that light up the sky can bring a tear to any grown man. My most recent teary-eyed experience was ...
    The 5ive O is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Crying Moments at Disney

I think that the closing fireworks from Illuminations: Reflections of Earth that light up the sky can bring a tear to any grown man.

My most recent teary-eyed experience was when I took my 18 month old son to the magic Kingdom. We didn't go see any characters because he wouldn't have remembered them, and it was really long lines to boot. So before we left for the day, we stopped off at a shop on Main Street. My wife was inside a store when the parade ran through. My son just stared at all the characters on the floats...until Mickey and Goofy's float passed by. When he saw Mickey, he knew exactly who he was and his faced showed the absolute excitement. I only wish I was able to capture that excitement. That sight of him looking at Mickey made me tear up.
    Man has a dream, and that's the start...

...he follows his dream with mind and heart...

...and when it becomes a reality, it's a dream come true for you and me." - Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

btg_3000 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I have to say my teary moment was when we took my Grandma for the frist time to Hollywood Studios for The Osbourne Lights she had never gone to Disney in the 40 somthing years she had lived here in Fl. She looked all around her with her eyes beaming the snow comming down and then just smiled at me and my sister and thank us for convincing her to come with us to Disney...
    Around here, However, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because were curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths...
    - Walt Disney

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

I admit I get misty eyed at American Adventure and did at Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

The 5ive O is offline A-Ticket holder

I forgot that I got pretty teary-eyed during the Hall of the Presidents, same happens at American Adventure for the same reason, GO USA!
    Man has a dream, and that's the start...

...he follows his dream with mind and heart...

...and when it becomes a reality, it's a dream come true for you and me." - Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

disneymom2jhe is offline A-Ticket holder

There are many things at Disney that bring a tear to my eye, but the most memorable one was on our last trip. My son was 3.5 at the time and so shy that he was in a special speech class because he refused to talk. We were eating breakfast at Cape May and Minnie came to our table. My daughter was wearing a Minnie Mouse shirt and I told her to show Minnie her shirt. My son, who was wearing a Lightning McQueen shirt jumped out of his seat ran up to Minnie with his shirt pulled out and said, "Minnie, look at my shirt!" Now, in most cases people wouldn't think much of that, but knowing that at the time he hardly spoke to the people he saw everyday, yet spoke to Minnie as if they were the best of friends and had absolutely no fear brought tears to my eyes. Even now typing this I got a little misty. Of course, now he is 5 and talks nonstop, so maybe Minnie cured his shyness a little bit! Disney magic at work again!

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    On my last trip in December tears also came to my eyes as we were walking towards the exit. A stroller slammed into the back of my heels.
    I was about to post the exact same thing.

Ruddy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12