Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Does Anyone Even Like the New TTA? in the Vacation Planning forums; After riding the re-furbished Tomorrowland Transit Authority, I can say with 100% confidence that I venomously hate the new TTA. It has turned a classic attraction into a cheesy, marketable ...
    burymyheartindw is offline A-Ticket holder

Does Anyone Even Like the New TTA?

After riding the re-furbished Tomorrowland Transit Authority, I can say with 100% confidence that I venomously hate the new TTA. It has turned a classic attraction into a cheesy, marketable ride around Tomorrowland. I don't even know where to begin.

The new narration first of all. Gone are the humerous Tom Morrows and the party from Saturns; in its place is a narrator that sounds like he belongs on the Disney channel. The new script is corny and with the inclusion of some of the attraction's characters, it just makes it more unbearable to listen to. The TTA is a sell out!

And don't get me started on the deletion of the Star Tunnel music in Space Mountain. You are traveling down a stretch of darkness in complete silence, why in the world would there be no music?

The TTA no longer tells the story Tomorrowland held. Instead, it has turned into a Skyway and is used to promote their attractions. It's ironic, considering the new Space Mountain was aimed to "tell a story", but now you have the TTA contradicting it. I'm sorry I'm this fumed about it. Does anyone else feel the same way?

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Re: Does Anyone Even Like the New TTA?

I haven't ridden the new TTA yet, mostly because I haven't been to WDW in a few years! I'm kinda worried about riding it now! But it's on my to-do list.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

bety is offline Disney World Beast

After riding the new TTA this year, I hardly noticed any differences from the old one. I've never listened to the spiel or paid attention to the music. Maybe I'm not as hardcore of a disney fanatic as other people are, but I just enjoy the TTA for the scenery. I'll always love it.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

DisneyDude91 is offline A-Ticket holder

I think it's okay.

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

I don't see much wrong with it. I think it's fine.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

I know I will be "slammed" but I didn't hate it. (One I try not to hate, just takes too much energy)

I was fine with the new narration.

Disney has to change, if they don't they become obsolete. That probably means that no matter WHAT they change some folks won't like it. (If you want to see what happens when an amusement park NEVER changes, try to find Opryland. Everyone claimed to "love" it, but since nothing ever changed they didn't have to go see the things they loved and it went out of business )

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder

I havent been to Disney since the TTA rehab but I did get a chance to view it on Youtube. I do not like the new narration, its like listening to a documentary. I miss the fun announcements and the "bing,bing" of them also. I agree that some things need to be changed/updated but there comes a point where you can update an attraction yet still maintain its legacy.

WDWLocal is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Carolla View Post
    I know I will be "slammed" but I didn't hate it. (One I try not to hate, just takes too much energy)

I was fine with the new narration.

Disney has to change, if they don't they become obsolete. That probably means that no matter WHAT they change some folks won't like it. (If you want to see what happens when an amusement park NEVER changes, try to find Opryland. Everyone claimed to "love" it, but since nothing ever changed they didn't have to go see the things they loved and it went out of business )
    I concur.

The new TTA narration is just fine and is a return to the style of narration that this attraction (as well as DL's PeopleMover) did prior to the 1994 Tomorrowland rehab (pointing out and describing Tomorrowland's various attraction and also a few non-Tomorrowland landmarks).

More people need to stop spitting out venom and come to understand and comprehend all that.

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDWLocal View Post
    I concur.

The new TTA narration is just fine and is a return to the style of narration that this attraction (as well as DL's PeopleMover) did prior to the 1994 Tomorrowland rehab (pointing out and describing Tomorrowland's various attraction and also a few non-Tomorrowland landmarks).

More people need to stop spitting out venom and come to understand and comprehend all that.
    I agree.
    The O.P. just doesnt get it at all.
    The "new" version isnt new....its a throw back to the one before the early 90's.
    I have zero issues with the new version. The ride is as great as always.
    Alot of folks love to complain.

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

It's been cleaned up.............we have no issues with the refurb.......got to see inside Space Mountain during construction.............still one of our favorites and must do's..many times!

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

I don't like it....I do think it needed something done but I don't like the end result. But as far as hating something..alot folks hate Stitch too. (i think its ok but it needs an upgrade)
    10/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    01/2013 Beach Club Resort
    11/2012 Saratoga Springs
    04/2012 Old Key West
    02/2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    12/2011 Downtown Disney Buena Vista Palace
    09/2011 Wilderness Lodge
    05/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    09/2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2010 Bonnet Creek
    10/2009 Coronado/Old Key West
    05/2009 Saratoga Springs
    03/2009 Old Key West
    01/2009 Saratoga Springs
    11/2008 Offsite
    09/2008 Offsite
    05/2008 Caribbean Resort
    03/2008 offsite
    01/2008 offsite
    11/2007 off site
    05/2007 offsite

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

I like it. Better than before? Maybe not, but it's fine.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

anim8rguy is offline A-Ticket holder

I agree. I miss the old narration. I've only seen it on video though. Did they take the "star tunnel" music out when you travel through space mountain?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by burymyheartindw View Post
    And don't get me started on the deletion of the Star Tunnel music in Space Mountain. You are traveling down a stretch of darkness in complete silence, why in the world would there be no music?
    Quote Originally Posted by anim8rguy View Post
    I agree. I miss the old narration. I've only seen it on video though. Did they take the "star tunnel" music out when you travel through space mountain?
    Just to bring this one full-circle.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

anim8rguy is offline A-Ticket holder

Wow! Complete silence. I think Lou needs to pull a few strings using his connections to get this problem fixed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast