Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss The Disney Parks Mobile Magic app in the Vacation Planning forums; Well I finally used the OFFICIAL Disney Parks app available through Verizon Wireless, Disney Parks Mobile Magic. It has almost everything that I hoped it would (according to my first ...
    The 5ive O is offline A-Ticket holder

The Disney Parks Mobile Magic app

Well I finally used the OFFICIAL Disney Parks app available through Verizon Wireless, Disney Parks Mobile Magic. It has almost everything that I hoped it would (according to my first post) and then some. It does not allow for ADR's but it gives you the 407-WDW-DINE option and can dial on your phone for you. It is the perfect in park app with real-time GPS and wait times. The wait times take a little to update (5-10 mins) if it changed but most of the time it's right on. It is very user friendly and even a child could use it. There's even games to play if you're bored standing in line (WDW Trivia, for real). It really is everything that I hoped it would be. It's available for 9.99 for a 180 day period through Verizon Wireless. It may become available through other carriers in the future but for now it's just with VZW.

It really is worth it when you consider how much time it can save you in park by walking from one end to the other just to try to get on a specific attraction only to find that it's temporarily shut down, a very long line, or no FASTPASS available. The app will give you all this information before you decide to venture that way. Definitely worth the cost for anyone planning a vacation, but probably not for a single day. There is a mobile site for both WDW and Disneyland http://m.disneyworld.go.com/ and http://m.disneyland.go.com/. It doesn't have specific times but does show a lot of the other features that the app shows.

I would recommend this for any VZW customer planning a vacation to WDW or Disneyland.
    Last edited by The 5ive O; 02-16-2010 at 04:27 PM.
    Man has a dream, and that's the start...

...he follows his dream with mind and heart...

...and when it becomes a reality, it's a dream come true for you and me." - Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: The Disney Parks Mobile Magic app

Just a little more info on this app:

It will only give you specific wait times if you are within the park, and have the GPS locator feature properly enabled. Several people have downloaded it and said how horrible it was because it only gave vague information that was available on the web anyways.

Also, it does not work on any of the "smartphone" platforms (Palm, Blackberry, Windows, Android, etc.), only the BREW-platform phones, which is pretty much anything else - but not necessarily all of them.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

sac0009 is offline A-Ticket holder

It would be nice to know if Fastpasses were still available and what times without having to cross a park. Outside of that, I think the Tip Boards get the job done.

I just realized I was a little vague in my first post there. Yes, the wait times only appear IF you have GPS enabled and IF you are in that park. It also applies to the FASTPASS system. It will only show the times available if you are in that park. There's a lot of other great features that I used but I forgot to write such as transportation, guest services, dining, shopping, etc. It's pretty much a digital map with your location that gives you wait times, fastpass availability, and character locations without having to refer to the tipboards throughout the day.

As for the smartphone issue, that's something that I don't see VZW correcting anytime soon. If a person were to download this to a phone without GPS, it will not give them specific information and would be better of going to the mobile website anyhow.

I hope this clears up any confusion I may have caused.

...and when it becomes a reality, it's a dream come true for you and me." - Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Has anyone compared the official Disney App with the Touring Plans App and which do you prefer?

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

I downloaded an app for a bit of a laugh(wont need it for another year or so) for wait times. Doesn't need gps, updates everytime you start the app up or when you change parks. Best of all its free!

Ruddy

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

Recently I have purchased a new Verizon Wireless. When I received an e-mail about Mobile Magic app therefore I was jumping in joy and also my family was happy. Moreover, we will visit to WDW in August 2010.

Best Regards,
    Last edited by williams; 02-18-2010 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuddyWDW View Post
    I downloaded an app for a bit of a laugh(wont need it for another year or so) for wait times. Doesn't need gps, updates everytime you start the app up or when you change parks. Best of all its free!
    What is the name of the app? If it's an iPhone app, those are usually user-dependent on the accuracy of the wait times. Basically, someone else has to have the app and upload the times in order for it to be accurate. I could be wrong but I know of a lot of iPhone apps that do that.

Practical Mom is offline A-Ticket holder

If only Verizon would add enable this app on their smartphones. It would seem to make a lot more sense to have that type app on something like a Blackberry.

tripletinx3 is offline C-Ticket Holder

My mom & I decided to try the MobileMagic app for free. I felt it was nice because it had all important info like times and where characters would be and wait times. Overall i enjoyed this app and just from the layout it screams "Disney." However, there were two small things that bothered me. When extra magic hours came into play(when the park opened an hour early) the wait times still showed that the parks were closed. I mean you could still walk anyways. The other thing was the fact that if you bought the app it was one price for 180 days. To us, as NYer's, it seemed as though pay the $10 for 180 days was impractical, as that time span seemed more appropriate for Florida or border residents who visit very frequently(believe me we visit frequently but not within 180 days). But, overall i really enjoyed this app & it allowed planning throughout the day.

♥feeling twitterpated♥