Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Tickets in the Vacation Planning forums; Can you buy your park tickets at the resort when you check in? I would be using the free ticket through the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day" program. ...
    Be11e is offline C-Ticket Holder

Tickets

Can you buy your park tickets at the resort when you check in? I would be using the free ticket through the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day" program. I know it states that you cannot add the free ticket to pre-exisiting tickets, but you can take your free ticket to upgrade to multi-day park passes. Would I need to go to a ticket center or booth, or would be be able to just do it all at the resort?
    Next Trip: January 2012
    All-Star Sports for Marathon Weekend
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2004 - Disney Cruise Line, Magic
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Tickets

The only place you can get the Give A Day ticket is at the will call window at one of the parks or TTC - they cannot issue the ticket at the resorts.

By the rules, you are supposed to get the ticket, USE it by entering the park, and then anytime after that and within the next 13 days upgrade it however you want. The resort should be able to handle the upgrade if you want to do it there, but an upgrade can be done at any ticket booth or guest relations location at WDW.

A lot of people have reported being allowed to "instantly" upgrade their 1-day ticket to the intended ticket, so when you turn in the voucher at the will-call window, ask if you can just upgrade it then...it would be quicker.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Thank you. I wasn't sure. When I was reading the rules it is a little confusing. Do you know when the ticket will call opens? I like to get up and early and don't want to waste time at the TTC or ticket booth.
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

Will Call (along with the other ticket booths in general and guest relations) generally open at least 30 minutes prior to park open.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Be11e View Post
    Do you know when the ticket will call opens? I like to get up and early and don't want to waste time at the TTC or ticket booth.
    I had to claim my birthday ticket @ Epcot last year & we had an early segway tour. There was someone at the window when we got there (probably about an hour before park opened).

Check the park you are going to for morning magic hours, pre-open dining options or tours. I'd assume at least 30 - 60 minutes before any of those start a window will be open. May only be one... but someone will be around who can help you.
    Zima-Cheryl

Yes, I misspoke earlier. A ticket window or Guest Relations should have someone there 30 minutes before anyone would be allowed into the park. That includes early ADRs.
    Doc

I ususally buy my tickets with a package and is included when I get my room key at check in, so this whole ticket window at the parks is new to me. I plan on getting there early, but are there usually large lines for that?
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

I ususally buy my tickets with a package and is included when I get my room key at check in, so this whole ticket window at the parks is new to me. I plan on getting there early, but are there usually large lines for that?
    The morning we went there was no line at all - just walked right up, but it was well before park open. I imagine just like the regular ticket windows that right around park open time it is probably a bit busier than the rest of the day.

Which park are you going to? Maybe plan to arrive later (an hour or 2 after open). Or if you are an early bird book a pre-open breakfast (like Crystal Palace @ MK) and go over extra early to beat the regular park open lines. Added advantage to the early ADR is you are in & past the gates at park open & can beat the crowds on the first 2 or 3 rides of the day.
    Zima-Cheryl

I think we're planning on going to AK on our first day. I'll just have our one friend who has an annual pass stand near the gate, and my other friend and I who will be upgrading our vouchers to a multiday pass will wait at the ticket booth early in the morning.
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I don't believe the comp ticket is a park hopper, so be sure to factor that in when you upgrade. That might be part of the issue, somehow.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

The GAD ticket (note - it is not a comp ticket - comp tickets are not upgradable) is NOT a park hopper. It is a 1-day base MYW ticket, so all upgrades are computed based on that fact.
    Doc

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

By 'comp', I meant the complimentary day from the Give-A-Day promotion. But sounds like we're in agreement that they are strictly base tickets.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    By 'comp', I meant the complimentary day from the Give-A-Day promotion. But sounds like we're in agreement that they are strictly base tickets.
    Right...but Disney does distinguish "comp" or "complimentary" tickets separately from regular tickets, and they don't actually consider the GAD ticket a complimentary ticket (which is usually given for different reasons).

Comp tickets cannot be modified at all.

That's why I wanted to point it out - just a terminology thing...
    Doc

Ok, well, I wasn't planning on getting a Park Hopper option anyways, I just wanted to take the one day base ticket and turn it into a four-day park ticket.

Just to clarify, the GAD ticket you can only redeem at a WILL-CALL window only right?
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

Ok, well, I wasn't planning on getting a Park Hopper option anyways, I just wanted to take the one day base ticket and turn it into a four-day park ticket.

Just to clarify, the GAD ticket you can only redeem at a WILL-CALL window only right?
    Yes. Only if the will call window is not open, then go to the Guest Relations window.
    Doc