Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What is your "I have arrived" moment? in the Vacation Planning forums; Before I started staying at the resorts it was definitely standing in line at the ticket booths and hearing the monorail going overhead as it entered the station. Now that ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: What is your "I have arrived" moment?

Before I started staying at the resorts it was definitely standing in line at the ticket booths and hearing the monorail going overhead as it entered the station.

Now that we always stay at a resort, it's that first time we get on the monorail and the announcements start.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I love driving in towards Wilderness Lodge and trying to catch a glimpse of the monorail as I'm driving to check in.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

That's a good point. I guess that first monorail sighting when you enter the property should really be 'that moment'.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

We drive to Walt Disney World, so for us it is always seeing the Walt Disney World Resort sign at the main gate. We do a countdown going under the sign . . . "5,4,3,2,1, We're here! Yahooooo!"

That is when the tears start to swell in my eyes and I know that I am "home" again.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

Remember when you used to be able to tune in your car radio to a certain channel once you were "on property" and get all of the announcements for the day? Do they still do that? I couldn't remember seeing signs for it the last couple of times we went.

I used to love hearing that when we were driving in. Now, I think it's all but a memory.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Pretty sure you're correct. There used to be big signs along the side of the road telling you which channel to tune into.

Granted, this goes back to the 70's and early 80's when we used to go there seemingly every weekend.

xtencio is offline A-Ticket holder

i have to agree with the very first post. as soon as i get on that monorail at MCO i feel my disney vacation has begun.

With my trip just two months away, I am looking forward to seeing what this year's "I have arrived" moment will be. It seems to change each time, which is great.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

When I pass under the "Welcome to Walt Disney World" sign and see those purple and red road signs for the first time.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

mickeyforlife is offline A-Ticket holder

when I walk down main street toward the castle. I know I'm in my happy place.

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    With my trip just two months away, I am looking forward to seeing what this year's "I have arrived" moment will be. It seems to change each time, which is great.
    Completely agree with you on that one, Mike. From my trip in July, was definitely my aunt pulling up to drop myself and my cousin off at Epcot my first morning (after I had flown in the night before), and in the distance was Spaceship Earth. And as I got closer to the park entrance, just got happier and happier.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

Ours is a combination of things.........

Starting when we step off the train in Kissimmee, feeling the Florida heat....then the car service taking us to the grocery store and us rushing around like little kids to get on with it and then the drive onto WDW property.....seeing the monorail track, and then a monorail brings butterflies to our stomachs.....turning onto Wilderness Lodge Drive and then seeing the Lodge again.....such a welcome home for us......

It only gets better during check in.....rush to stash the suitcases in the room, grab our swim suits, load the cooler with beverages and head to the pool......we're home one more time and all the travel was worth it....

7SeasSailor is offline A-Ticket holder

For us its the monorail at MCO.

Quote Originally Posted by N.J.boy@N.C.St. View Post
    Completely agree with you on that one, Mike. From my trip in July, was definitely my aunt pulling up to drop myself and my cousin off at Epcot my first morning (after I had flown in the night before), and in the distance was Spaceship Earth. And as I got closer to the park entrance, just got happier and happier.
    That walk up really does help build the anticipation, doesn't it?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast