Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What is your "I have arrived" moment? in the Vacation Planning forums; well said......
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: What is your "I have arrived" moment?

well said...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

disneyfreak0001 is offline A-Ticket holder

When I drive onto property after a 16 hour drive

wallfan329 is online now Working on becoming a Disney CPer

When we get to a resort security gate and I hear the guard say Welcome Home.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Another vote for driving under the sign - I always get goosebumps as we pass underneath and then normally start jumping up and down in my seat like a 4-year-old!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

I usually drive up from my grandfather's in Deerfield Beach and the second we reach that welcome entrance I go nuts!!!!
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

iheartdisney01 is offline C-Ticket Holder

For me, its when i see the castle. I cant stop smiling whenever I see it. Some people just march right ahead and put on their,"Ugh, let's get on over to Dumbo before my kid has a meltdown." face. They don't appreciate what Walt really wanted. I like having to look at it all by myself! Also, when Wishes starts. That is just so magical i feel like hyperventilating just watching it! Everyone my age thinks The Magic Kingdom was made for kids. They are wrong. It was made for everyone who still is a kid at heart. <3
    Just Keep Swimming

My Disney Vacations...
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Beach Club
    2004-Beach Club
    2005-Beach Club
    2006-Beach Club
    2006(again)-Beach Club
    2007-Beach Club
    2008-Beach Club
    2009-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend
    2010(next vacation!)-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend

iheartdisney01

Monorail Orange is offline C-Ticket Holder

For me, it's the unlock click heard after sliding my room key into the door. I step into whichever on-property resort I'm staying in for that trip, flop onto the bed, take a deep breath to capture the moment, and turn on the WDW Resort TV loop.
    Monorail Orange

"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantÚnganse alejado de las puertas."

2009 Walt Disney World Half Marathon Finisher
    2009 Disneyland Half Marathon Finisher
    2009 Coast to Coast Challenge Medalist

Next Up: 2012 Walt Disney World Tower of Terror 10 Mile Race (with my wife!)

Nostalgia is offline A-Ticket holder

Ok, so for me, the general build up has plenty of moments. Sorry for the extremely long post. Well done if you read it all, haha.

The first exciting moment is being awoken by a family member early in the morning. Usually our flight would be in the middle of the night. So, you have that initial moment of confusion:"Why are you waking me up now? It's 4:30! I really need to....OH MY GOD, WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!"
    I know this isn't an arrival moment, but it's the first taste of holiday shock I suppose.

Then there's arriving at the airport. The long wait to check in your luggage, which often takes over an hour. You can hear other excited families, parents, children albeit tired, they too are excited. This just makes me more stoked.

Getting on the plane. Leaving cold Ireland behind, is another moment of anticipation. You're not there, but slowly but surely you're on your way.

The first real moment of "I'M HERE!" is crossing the threshold of the plane into the connection hallway thing (you know what I'm talking about.) You can feel the warm gust of air up through the cracks and you breathe deep taking in the stale, humid florida air.

Of course, as stated several times before, the monorail in Orlando International airport. When you first see those pink neon lights, you really know you're there. Also, seeing the Universal, NASA and Sea-World gift shops always makes me excited.

Grabbing your luggage and then making your way down to Dollar Rent-A-Car or another company and sitting in your car for the first time and feeling the air conditioning. Then driving along and seeing American billboards advertising the likes of Ponderosa, Golden Corral, Universal Studios, Premium Outlets. I can always remember the ones for the Disney waterparks, like Ski Disney for Blizzard Beach and Get Blown Away for Typhoon Lagoon. In general, driving on American roads is an "I've arrived" moment.

We've never stayed on property as we usually travel in large groups, so it works out cheaper to rent a villa in Kissimmee. But before reaching there, we must stop in order to get supplies. Now, to many Americans, I'm sure going to Wal Mart isn't exactly exciting, but to us, it's almost a high-light of our trip. All the foods and other items that you can't buy here are almost a luxury to us, so getting another chance to buy Lucky Charms is always exciting. Seeing the isles filled with exotic (maybe not) foods is a really "arrival" moment for me.

Also, arriving at wherever you're staying and feeling the air conditioning is a big one also, as we don't use air conditioning here, so the sense of cold air is always welcoming.

I suppose, going under the arch whilst entering Disney World is an almost tear-jerker. Parking the car in the lot and taking the monorail or the boat to Magic Kingdom. Running from your seat to the front gate and seeing the Mosaic of Mickey made out of flowers. Seeing the old ride posters as you pass under the bridge. Walking on to Main Street and seeing the horse drawn carriages, the shops, the smell of cookies and cinnamon and pop corn, and the barber shop quartet (I think), as well as the castle in the distance....

I want to be there now.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Great narrative. Made it all the way to the end.

As many WalMarts as there are across the boarder in NJ, I know what you mean. Hitting the one on 535 (or is it 536) always makes me feel great inside.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i made it through as well...

u think the WalMart on 535 (or 6) gives the happy feeling within because of the load of Disney souvenirs and such... cause the ones on LI where im from are just plain boring... but the one in FL is much better...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Not even much about the souveniers for me. There's one Super Walmart about an hour and a half or so from my home on Staten Island, and when I go in, I start feeling like I'm walking into the one in Orlando. But it's still not the same. Not sure what it is about that place, but it always gets me.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder

When we past the man gates and all the street signs are suddenly more colorful and have mouse ears. Checking into our hotel and seeing all the stuff we see in those DVDs and Travel Channel specials in person helps too

Disneydiamond is offline A-Ticket holder

My aha moment is when the road signs go from green to purple. :o) It is at that point I know my long drive from Pennsylvania is over and I can relax.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Disneydiamond View Post
    My aha moment is when the road signs go from green to purple. :o) It is at that point I know my long drive from Pennsylvania is over and I can relax.
    WOW! WOW! and again I say,WOW! I honestly do not see how you do it.Do what,you say? Drive to WDW from Pa! Talking about a LONG drive! There is NO WAY that I could do that. I'm a southern boy,and I am only about 400 miles from WDW,and I CANNOT stand to drive that!If I could afford it,I'd fly,even the 400 miles.We once drove to Virginia Beach/Norfolk,area,around 600 miles.NEVER AGAIN!!!!! Couldn't stand it! Thought we'd never get there.
    So my hat's off to yall for driving from Pa.I just couldn't do it.Cheers to ya!
    Park Hopper Dad!

Disneydiamond is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    WOW! WOW! and again I say,WOW! I honestly do not see how you do it.Do what,you say? Drive to WDW from Pa! Talking about a LONG drive! There is NO WAY that I could do that. I'm a southern boy,and I am only about 400 miles from WDW,and I CANNOT stand to drive that!If I could afford it,I'd fly,even the 400 miles.We once drove to Virginia Beach/Norfolk,area,around 600 miles.NEVER AGAIN!!!!! Couldn't stand it! Thought we'd never get there.
    So my hat's off to yall for driving from Pa.I just couldn't do it.Cheers to ya!
    Haha I have been driving that trip with the family my entire life. It is just nice to be able to drive your own car once you are there. Although I have flown a few times and wow how nice is it to be there in 2 hours haha. :o)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast