Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What is your "cringe" moment? in the Vacation Planning forums; My cringe moment is walking up to the Front Desk to check out. When I'm there I try to not let anything get to me. I just keep in mind ...
    Pixie985 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: What is your "cringe" moment?

My cringe moment is walking up to the Front Desk to check out. When I'm there I try to not let anything get to me. I just keep in mind that I'm extremely privileged to be at the most magical place on earth. But if I have to choose something other than check out....

Clearly the tour groups and cheerleaders take the cake....

Amy
    Next trip: 8/15 - 8/21 BLT

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie985 View Post
    My cringe moment is walking up to the Front Desk to check out. When I'm there I try to not let anything get to me. I just keep in mind that I'm extremely privileged to be at the most magical place on earth. But if I have to choose something other than check out....
    See now I'm the opposite. I always feel badly for the people who are checking out on the day I'm checking in because I'm pumped to be there. on the day I'm leaving, I'm so DONE with the experience that I'm looking forward to the flight home.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlStar613 View Post
    As a city girl I cringe when people just kind of loiter in front of you when you're trying to walk. I totally get that we're all at Disney on vacation but please move to the side if you're going to come to a halt or walk at negative 5mph.
    Amen. Every day I set foot outside for lunch and wander up to Times Square, I get the eerie feeling that I'm suddenly the only person in the entire city who is actually FROM there at that moment.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Yesterday I started a thread about the moment that makes you feel that you're at Disney. Today I was wondering... what is your cringe moment? What sight, sound, smell, etc, gives you that 'yikes' feeling?

For me, it's pulling up at my resort and either seeing a ton of people spilling off Magical Express heading to check in, or bell hop carts full of luggage. I always prefer the parks and resort to be empty and seeing a ton of people and/or their waiting luggage always tears me up inside.

Anyone else?
    For me it's the Monorail pulling into the Magic Kingdom Station and seeing hoardes of people lined up waiting to get it. I shudder!
    Tim

Foolish Mortal is offline B-Ticket Holder

ME bus pulling into resort to go back to airport.

Walking to the bus stop and seeing three people on scooters waiting to get loaded onto the same bus you're heading for.

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

My cringe moment is when (while at the pools) both men and women who weigh 50 pounds plus more than they should...still decide it is a good idea to wear a bikini or a speedo.
    Do people not even bother to look in the mirror?

Ya know, i consider myself in darn good shape....i STILL wouldnt wear a speedo though!

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsfire View Post
    My cringe moment is when (while at the pools) both men and women who weigh 50 pounds plus more than they should...still decide it is a good idea to wear a bikini or a speedo.
    Do people not even bother to look in the mirror?
    Being on vacation does NOT equal 'no shame'.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Amen. Every day I set foot outside for lunch and wander up to Times Square, I get the eerie feeling that I'm suddenly the only person in the entire city who is actually FROM there at that moment.
    Times Square, that is rough...I used to work in Soho and would have to constantly weave through crowds to get back from lunch on time...ughhhh

Another cringe is too young girls wearing realllly short shorts...come on this is a family park...your parents let you out in that? my parents would kill me, let alone allow me to own those...
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

FinePhotoGraphx is offline A-Ticket holder

This will be funny for you to read.

I waited in line without family or friend for Toy Story Mania for probably an hour and a half and got right up to the boarding area only to find my wife had put a fastpass in my pocket earlier. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. That was a totally cringe / painful moment. I just decided I would have the very best time possible and I did.

Mark Sties
    , Photographer & Digital Storyteller
    Check out the new WDW PhotoGraphics photo blog

Imagination!!! I hate it now and refuse to ride it.

Oh and going home!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Walking up to the Magic Kingdom for one of the (allegedly) limited-guest ticket-only events (Christmas or Halloween party) and finding that the entrance is totally jammed with thousands of other "limited" guests waiting to get in.

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

As a Disney history nut, I cringe when I'm walking down Main street and I hear someone giving out completely wrong information. It's like I want to whip out my iPod, put on Lou's Main Street Audio Guide and go 'Listen to This!'
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Hearing any,and mean,any noise outside after we have gone into our resort room for the evening.I hate any noise after i've gone into my room.That's why we always ask for a room in the fartherest section of any resort,facing toward the opposite of the activity areas.Example:if we stay at Allstar Music,we stay in the Broadway section,in the back facing the woods.I like quiet while in my room.Yeah,I've gotten a little older now,but guess what?All of yall will be too!
    Park Hopper Dad!

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    Hearing any,and mean,any noise outside after we have gone into our resort room for the evening.I hate any noise after i've gone into my room.That's why we always ask for a room in the fartherest section of any resort,facing toward the opposite of the activity areas.Example:if we stay at Allstar Music,we stay in the Broadway section,in the back facing the woods.I like quiet while in my room.Yeah,I've gotten a little older now,but guess what?All of yall will be too!
    Hey I'm 22 and want peace and quiet when I go back to my room and sleep. I get very irritated when it's loud when I want to sleep...
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast