Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What is your "cringe" moment? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad Hearing any,and mean,any noise outside after we have gone into our resort room for the evening.I hate any noise after i've gone into my ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: What is your "cringe" moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    Hearing any,and mean,any noise outside after we have gone into our resort room for the evening.I hate any noise after i've gone into my room.That's why we always ask for a room in the fartherest section of any resort,facing toward the opposite of the activity areas.Example:if we stay at Allstar Music,we stay in the Broadway section,in the back facing the woods.I like quiet while in my room.Yeah,I've gotten a little older now,but guess what?All of yall will be too!
    I'm with you on the noise factor. During a stay at Saratoga Springs, my room, though a corner room and quite large, was facing a bus stop. Those things are quite loud at midnight, and they run quite late. Fortunately I only stay at that resort on the final night of my trip so it wasn't going to be an ongoing issue, but now I know to request a room away from the buses.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

FinePhotoGraphx is offline A-Ticket holder

Rats, link is dead.

Mark Sties
    , Photographer & Digital Storyteller
    Check out the new WDW PhotoGraphics photo blog

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    Hey I'm 22 and want peace and quiet when I go back to my room and sleep. I get very irritated when it's loud when I want to sleep...
    Thanks for your agreement comment.There actually has only been one,maybe two incidents where I had to call security,and that was in 2000 when we stayed at Allstar Sports,in Sept(our first on property stay).A group of cheerleaders and football high schoolers came in about two or three days before we were to check out,and boy were they loud.No consideration for anyone else! So I called security twice and they finally got them to shut up! I told security,that I pay good money for this accommodation and I expect quiet when it's nighttime,when everyone is tired and ready for bed.Plus,my girls were only 5 and 8 at the time.All of our other on property stays have been fine.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Speaking of crowds, I had another cringe moment yesterday. I've always experienced light crowds in the beginning of December. When I called to book my reservation, I was told that every place but Saratoga was full for DVC. I know I'll get the reservation because I'm first on the waiting list for that date, so I'm not afraid. But what worries me, even from today, is that it'll be crowded, from what they're telling me. Yikes.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

When I'm stuck behind a gang of portly electric scooter-riders.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

this last trip my cringe issues were the bus wait for CSR from DTD, the cheerleaders, the huge tour groups, and the fact that alot of the food places and rides were shut down for refub or something..

there is nothing like walking all the way to the back of the park to ride something to find that its not running.. i didnt do my early investigating
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Speaking of scooter riders or those in wheel chairs,I have compassion on those that are afflicted with some reason for having to be in a wheel chair or have to use a scooter,because I do hope and pray that I never have to use either one.As human beings they have just as much right to be at WDW as those of us that can walk.But I do wish that there were certain buses used to accommodate those folks only,and for those that can walk,the normal buses without those wheelchair lifts and ramps.plus,special entry ways for the rides that these folks are able to ride,so that the lines are not tied up with scooters and wheel chairs.Disney just needs to "sprice up" on this.
    Park Hopper Dad!

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

Knowing that I have to go back to schoolin a couple of days and leave the best place in the world, and have NO ONE who knows Disney enough to talk too!

Tammy
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    Speaking of scooter riders or those in wheel chairs,I have compassion on those that are afflicted with some reason for having to be in a wheel chair or have to use a scooter,because I do hope and pray that I never have to use either one.As human beings they have just as much right to be at WDW as those of us that can walk.But I do wish that there were certain buses used to accommodate those folks only,and for those that can walk,the normal buses without those wheelchair lifts and ramps.plus,special entry ways for the rides that these folks are able to ride,so that the lines are not tied up with scooters and wheel chairs.Disney just needs to "sprice up" on this.
    You're right. It's not just the rides, but the buses, too. Nothing like the collecting rumblings when a bus empties out, the driver closes the door, and makes the 15-minute preparations to get the scooter on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    The portly ones are the worst. If you're elderly, then awesome. Glad your grandkids could get you down to Disney one more time before you've earned your harp and wings. However, if you've eaten yourself to the point of needed a scooter, then my sympathies start to wane.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    The portly ones are the worst. If you're elderly, then awesome. Glad your grandkids could get you down to Disney one more time before you've earned your harp and wings. However, if you've eaten yourself to the point of needed a scooter, then my sympathies start to wane.

That's what I meant: I hate the I'll-eat-myself-to-death but ride in comfort while I'm doing it people. Put down the turkey leg and pay attention to your driving, endomorph!

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy

Let's stop the scooter rider bashing here and now. It will no longer be tolerated.

Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

tlud67 is offline A-Ticket holder

Seeing those poor children on leashes. EEEPP!!!
    I am a Deek! A disney Geek!

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

Smile Re: What is your "cringe" moment?

Quote Originally Posted by tlud67 View Post
    Seeing those poor children on leashes. EEEPP!!!

That's really upsetting to see those children on leashes... I am glad my parents didn't do that to me!

Tammy
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i hated leavin my room at CSR.. because i always always got lost by myself... and it was too cool and windy to just wander around blindly...lol
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast