Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What is your "cringe" moment? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by cheshire_cat_81 I've read through all of these and I have to say that my cringe moment was reading this thread. A few of you have legitimate concerns, ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: What is your "cringe" moment?

Quote Originally Posted by cheshire_cat_81 View Post
    I've read through all of these and I have to say that my cringe moment was reading this thread. A few of you have legitimate concerns, but it seems that the smallest things are creating a rant. I mean NO disrespect to anyone who posted here, but here is something to consider. Walt Disney World is the busiest vacation destination in the World. Part of what makes WDW so special is sharing moments with family, friends, and complete strangers. Walt didn't set out to make a park only for his family. He created it for everyone to enjoy, or not enjoy! There will be annoyances anywhere you go, but I offer this: if you don't like dealing with the general public, don't go!
    I see what you are saying... i really do... but understand that my issue is some things that i see... like the kids on the leashes... and kids getting yelled at... it is all about being in WDW, but it is still something that makes me "cringe"...

i do just laugh about the lines at the shops... it doesnt really make me "cringe"... it is frustrating, but it does make me think about whether i need what i am buying...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

bethinthesun is offline A-Ticket holder

Seeing snakes while in line at the waterparks-
    icckk.
    You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I saw a decomposing rat at Blizzard Beach. It was lying against a curb behind a snack bar. A CM with a dust pan took it away. I'd have rather seen a live snake.

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I see what you are saying... i really do... but understand that my issue is some things that i see... like the kids on the leashes... and kids getting yelled at... it is all about being in WDW, but it is still something that makes me "cringe"...

i do just laugh about the lines at the shops... it doesnt really make me "cringe"... it is frustrating, but it does make me think about whether i need what i am buying...
    I agree about the kids being yelled at and being on leashes! My point wasn't to direct my comment at anyone in particular, and I am sorry if it seemed that way! The thread seemed to be getting a little too picky...lol...

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Pulling into the parking lot of my resort after checking in and not being able to find any spots except for WAY down at the end. I know it's going the parks are going to be jammed.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

thegoz85 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Finding that one souvenir that I just have to have, but then looking at the price tag!
    "Every sunset leads to morning, with the promise of opportunity."
    ~Promise

Love Disney? Interested in technology? Read DisTECH! Click the logo to check it out:

Also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by thegoz85 View Post
    Finding that one souvenir that I just have to have, but then looking at the price tag!
    Happens to you too, huh?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

happens to me all the time... i hate it...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

When people try to say all the lines for the Tower of Terror video. It's like hey, you're not Rod Serling keep it quiet. I always let them go ahead of me and then I get in whatever line they are not in.

thegoz85 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Happens to you too, huh?
    Yea, but my real problem is the "cringe" doesn't usually stop me from paying!
    "Every sunset leads to morning, with the promise of opportunity."
    ~Promise

Love Disney? Interested in technology? Read DisTECH! Click the logo to check it out:

Also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

I agree about the kids being yelled at and being on leashes! My point wasn't to direct my comment at anyone in particular, and I am sorry if it seemed that way! The thread seemed to be getting a little too picky...lol...

yeh... the kids on leashes really gets me... like you see them looking at something and then woosh..!!! they get pulled back almost down to the ground... it makes me feel bad for them... its not their fault... i dont think i could do that to my kid... but if my kid was as nuts as some id seen... they wouldnt be going to WDW thats for sure...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    yeh... the kids on leashes really gets me... like you see them looking at something and then woosh..!!! they get pulled back almost down to the ground... it makes me feel bad for them... its not their fault... i dont think i could do that to my kid... but if my kid was as nuts as some id seen... they wouldnt be going to WDW thats for sure...
    Perhaps if some parents parented a little more actively, the kids wouldn't be quite so nuts! I'm not blaming everyone who has kids, but jeez! The first time I went to WDW I was 3 and I knew better lol...Don't get me wrong, I love kids I taught through most of my 20s (about to hit 29 actually), it just seems like there is a lack of redirection that could have a positive effect on the children. And to echo what you have said, if I had children that behaved as some I have seen, we wouldn't be going to WDW either ;-)

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski

The one that really bothers me is the foreigners that push their children in front of you in a crowded place and expect for you to get out of their way to keep up with their children. It is very rude if you ask me. It happened to us at Christmas, one woman almost lost her son in the water trying to push her son through the crowd and noone moved out of the way and if it weren't for my hubby he would have gone in the water in MK.
    Love Disney. I hope to go next spring with the whole family.

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski

STROLLERS being pushed by other children, always get me in the back of the foot and then i limp the rest of the trip.
    Love Disney. I hope to go next spring with the whole family.

Perhaps if some parents parented a little more actively, the kids wouldn't be quite so nuts! I'm not blaming everyone who has kids, but jeez! The first time I went to WDW I was 3 and I knew better lol...Don't get me wrong, I love kids I taught through most of my 20s (about to hit 29 actually), it just seems like there is a lack of redirection that could have a positive effect on the children. And to echo what you have said, if I had children that behaved as some I have seen, we wouldn't be going to WDW either ;-)
    i know what you mean... im 24 and have been teaching for 3 years... it is amazing the lack of discipline some kids really have... my parents waited until i was 7... because they wanted me to remember it... not because i was a problem... but most parents these days reward kids for "normal" behavior...

i had a kid get to my class on time today and say... "arent you proud of me... i made it to class on time..."

my response... "no... why am i praising you for doing something your supposed to do..." alot of kids want to be rewarded for doing the right thing... even if it is not out of the ordinary...

"did someone thank me for getting to work on time today... no..."
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast