Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What is your "cringe" moment? in the Vacation Planning forums; Exactly!...
    cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: What is your "cringe" moment?

Exactly!

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i know what you mean... im 24 and have been teaching for 3 years... it is amazing the lack of discipline some kids really have... my parents waited until i was 7... because they wanted me to remember it... not because i was a problem... but most parents these days reward kids for "normal" behavior...

i had a kid get to my class on time today and say... "arent you proud of me... i made it to class on time..."

my response... "no... why am i praising you for doing something your supposed to do..." alot of kids want to be rewarded for doing the right thing... even if it is not out of the ordinary...

"did someone thank me for getting to work on time today... no..."
    Too, sadly, funny!!!
    We were just discussing this EXACT same thing while leaving work at The Disney Store last night!
    What is it these days with so many people needing praise for doing the ordinarily respectful and decent things?!?!
    Do things your supposed to do because it's the right thing to do, not because your already wavery "self esteem", or whatever, needs an "Attaboy!" And if ya' happen to get that "Attaboy!", just look at it as gravy!

Oh, and...
    Our 3 kiddos (all mid-late teens now) were definitely never put on leashes and never needed to be. We laid down the rules and they were ahered to or there were consequences, and all was (mostly ) well!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

see thats good... and thats how it should be...

unfortunately we are in a society now where praise is normal, and expected... it used to be you got praised for doing something extraordinary... something above and beyond... now-a-days kids get praised for taking out the garbage by their parents, and doing what needs to be done... and not because they did it on their own... if a kid took out the house garbage on his own... then yes he deserves praise... thats good that shows initiative... if a parent says 10 times, "take out the garbage..." then why praise the child when they eventually do it...

you should say, "its about time you took out that garbage..." but they dont and this is why kids need to be praised for every little thing they do...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

D15N3Y 633K is offline A-Ticket holder

I would have to say........Although I do it anyway...Stitch's Great Escape..realizing this mediocre ride took the place of something pretty darn awesome.
    Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,
    Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Checking the Wait Time board on a park I visit midday and finding ridiculous times for everything. Oops!
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

D15N3Y 633K is offline A-Ticket holder

Oh! I have one more...Being Mexican American...watching other races wearing panchos, and sombreros..lol. I mean no offense..but it's funny, cause I'm like " yuhp..I'm going to go home and put on my pancho and sombrero." lol..I know it's all in fun though.
    Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,
    Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

parking your stroller in stroller parking and coming out and finding out its be moved!! to some unknown destination.. so i buy $ 20 balloon to get beat in the head with all day so i can see it above the crowds...lol the balloon is pricey.. but it was bought in feb.. and didnt pop until like may and it rode in the trunk all the way back to ky
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder

Getting back to the Resort and finding the DME envelope on the door. UGH! Worst moment at Disney is always the GOOD-BYE!
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyGuy View Post
    Getting back to the Resort and finding the DME envelope on the door. UGH! Worst moment at Disney is always the GOOD-BYE!
    At least you know you still have a day or two after receiving it before it's time to go
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsfire View Post
    My cringe moment is when (while at the pools) both men and women who weigh 50 pounds plus more than they should...still decide it is a good idea to wear a bikini or a speedo.
    Do people not even bother to look in the mirror?

Ya know, i consider myself in darn good shape....i STILL wouldnt wear a speedo though!
    Thus one of my favorite phrases ... "girlfriend, just because they make it in your size does NOT mean you need to be wearing it."

And no... I've never actually said that to someone. But if they're telepathic..............
    Hypermommy

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

I just have to chime in on the leash thing. I am the parent of a child who I called "scary friendly" when he was a toddler. He would go up to ANYONE and start talking to them. I had to really, REALLY watch him to make sure he was close by. I never wanted to train that out of him because now that he's a teenager he has no problem at all going up to someone and asking for a job or help with a merit badge or whatever. But it sure made for some interesting times when he was little. I think maybe if I'd known about the leashes back then I would have used one just for my own peace of mind and to make sure he was safe.

Of course, now that he's a teenager I'm looking a reverse leash... anyone know of a forcefield kind of thing to keep your kids a certain distance from you? LOL

(just kidding, of course.... he's a magnificent kid)
    Hypermommy

Kaleigh is offline A-Ticket holder

A long line at the fastpass machine at Toy Story Mania as soon as the park opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleigh View Post
    A long line at the fastpass machine at Toy Story Mania as soon as the park opens.
    I'll second that one!

Or getting a fast pass for TSM or the Safari at 10am and getting a 7pm Return Time. Heck, I'll be way out of the park and onto another one by the time that rolls around.

tripletinx3 is offline C-Ticket Holder

....loud, obnoxious teenagers. especially the ones that constantly compare WDW to other parks or ruin the magic(effects) for everyone....and this is coming from a teen: P.

♥feeling twitterpated♥

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

When there is a long line at the place where you enter the park and put your ticket through. i hate waiting in that line.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast