Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What is your "cringe" moment? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by wdwkid32 When there is a long line at the place where you enter the park and put your ticket through. i hate waiting in that line. Usually ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: What is your "cringe" moment?

Quote Originally Posted by wdwkid32 View Post
    When there is a long line at the place where you enter the park and put your ticket through. i hate waiting in that line.
    Usually an indication of a crowded day ahead!
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by wdwkid32 View Post
    When there is a long line at the place where you enter the park and put your ticket through. i hate waiting in that line.
    ... especially since whatever line I get into, either the machine's not working or the person in front of me can't figure out how to stick the ticket in, lay your finger on the blue light and move forward at the green light! <sigh>
    Hypermommy

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.

The hardest I've ever cringed on Disney property was unfortunately during the Indiana Jones summer events they had two years back at Disneyland, to coincide with Kingdom of The Crystal Skull. Part of the scheduled special stuff was a show at the old Aladdin's Storytime stage in Adventureland, "The Mystery of The Stone Tiger," or something to that effect. CLIF notes version for those lucky enough to have avoided seeing this one: Indy is inexplicably betrayed by a female archeologist he'd been working with, and the two proceed to engage in hand to hand shenanigans that would make WWE Smackdown! look like Shakespeare in comparison. How bad on how many levels was this? Let me count the ways...... As a lifelong Dr. Jones fanboy, I could not believe this had gotten the green light. Apparently, enough parents (and I'd hope, fans as well) complained, and the show was then censored with unintentionally hilarious results, and finally was just mercifully scrapped altogether.

Broke my heart to think of it like this, but seems if you want a good show Indy show, you go to Florida. If you want the ride, you go to Cali. Just the way it is.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Broke my heart to think of it like this, but seems if you want a good show Indy show, you go to Florida. If you want the ride, you go to Cali. Just the way it is.
    that makes me "cringe"...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

diswish is offline A-Ticket holder

pop warner...

and checking out.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

-The tour groups that come up in July...I will no longer visit WDW in July because they are by far the most obnoxious groups of people I have ever encountered in my life.

- People who attempt to cut the lines.

- People who change their kids diapers right in public on a hot and humid August Day...I'm sorry, but there are plenty of restrooms for that.

- Long lines for entry into the park.

- CHECKING OUT
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

diswish is offline A-Ticket holder

wow... easy does it folks. There's alot of HATRED going on and that's not very magical at all... grow up!... or meeting you is going to be my cringe moment!
    Last edited by diswish; 07-05-2010 at 07:48 PM.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Then why not find a "magical" thread.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

OOOh the fascist label. Thanks for identifying yourself.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by diswish View Post
    wow... easy does it folks. There's alot of HATRED going on and that's not very magical at all... grow up!... or meeting you is going to be my cringe moment!

Apparently you've never had the joy of encountering one of these...

They come in packs of about 50-300 people, all from different countries...and they all wear the same color shirts and walk like a stampede through the crowd following one guy up front with a flag, directing them. On several occasions, I saw the guy with the flag cut the entire line, once on PoTC, another on Splash Mountain, and the last time on Grand Prix Raceway...then the entire pack of people follow them!!!!

The CMs can't do anything about it because these people claim not to speak any English unless they are threatening expulsion from the park, so they just let it go. CMs have told us that they sleep in hallways at the hotels and have sometimes double the amount of people sleeping in rooms. However, they clearly have money because they aren't exactly staying at All-Star. We were also told that the amount of litter in the park is also rediculous during the time they are there.

So before you go judging us, it has nothing to do with their ethnicity, or the fact that they come up in groups, its their behavior while they are in our country, stomping all over our magical experience.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Quote Originally Posted by diswish View Post

You came into this thread on post 129 and expect the tone to change so it suits your sensibilities? What a sense of entitlement you seem to have.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789