Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss The Thing I'll Miss Most About Toontown is........ in the Vacation Planning forums; With the Fantasyland Expansion imminent, Toon Town is sadly on life support. I thought it would be cool if everyone shared their thoughts about the Magic Kingdom's 7th Land before ...
    Epcot_Don is offline D-Ticket Holder

The Thing I'll Miss Most About Toontown is........

With the Fantasyland Expansion imminent, Toon Town is sadly on life support. I thought it would be cool if everyone shared their thoughts about the Magic Kingdom's 7th Land before it fades away from the Park forever. So this is a two parter:

First, what will you miss most about Toon Town

And second, what part of Toon Town would you like to see survive elsewhere on property? It can be at the MK, another Park, a Resort, anywhere. (And you can say Barnstormer because even though it will survive the expansion, it will be receiving a totally new theme)

I'll start things off:
    The thing I'll miss most about Toon Town is the adventure you go through just to see Mickey and Minnie! I'm a big fan of the details, so I love making my way slowly through the houses and pushing all the buttons (like the answering machine). And I love Mickey's garage and the backyard with Pluto's dog house. There are just so many hidden treasures to discover there, that's what I'll miss most.

The part of Toon Town I would like to see survive are Mickey and Minnie's Houses. (Big surprise, huh ) Like I said, there is so much to explore and SO much detail. So it would be a shame if they didn't relocate them somewhere. Maybe they could move them to a section of MK between the new Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Off the beaten path so to speak, so you have to explore a bit to find them!
    "America, keep on flying now. Keep your spirit free. Facing new frontiers."

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The Thing I'll Miss Most About Toontown is........

The things that held the best memories for me are already gone.

When my kids were small:

Mickey's Birthday theater production
    The multi story playground
    The petting zoo
    and the little cut out store fronts, miniatures

At least I have many photos to keep the memories intact.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm going to so miss Mickey and Minnie's houses. They're the neatest things. Just look at the architecture. Pretty much void of any straight lines. So cartoonish. I would like to see them picked up and moved. But where though? Not sure they would fit anywhere else in the park. Maybe HS? It would be a shame to tear them down.
    I think we need a petition to save them.
    Last edited by Disney05; 04-07-2010 at 09:39 AM.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

tlud67 is offline A-Ticket holder

I also would like to see Minnie and Mickey's houses survive. They are a great attraction, and there is so much detail put into them!
    I am a Deek! A disney Geek!

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

I'm with HauntedGabe, most of my favorite things that were there are already gone... the petting zoo with Mini-Moo, when the place used to be themed like Duckburg, the show they used to have when it was Mickey's Starland.

As a side note, I have heard that they are keeping Mickey and Minnie's houses and, from what I remember hearing, they will be relocated to Main Street. I don't know if they're actually moving the houses that are there now to Main Street or if the houses are going to be re-themed to go better with the Main Street architecture. But anyway, that's what I heard.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I miss when Toontown was just that... a town. At least they kept the radio station around, although I hardly ever heard it 'broadcasting' lately. The school house is gone, the storefronts, etc. They did keep Pete's Garage open, but outside of the bathroom key being inside the gas tank, there isn't much else appealing to it.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

DisneyDude91 is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm going to miss Mickey and Minnie's houses just as the rest of you guys! Even the Hall of Fame tent where you got to meet Donald, Pluto Goofy, etc.

Some imagination, huh?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    I'm going to so miss Mickey and Minnie's houses.

I think we need a petition to save them.
    The houses are cute. I would say near the Playground at HS however that attraction staying is also iffy.

As for the petition, Disney doesn't seem to give a darn about Petitions once they make a decision. I've seen the petitions for Mr. Toad and for the revisions to the Dining Plan/Appetiser & gratuity. Didn't seem to phase the powers to be on any level.

bigyanks is offline C-Ticket Holder

i would like to see a toon town area rebuilt at Hollywood Studios. i think that would be a good fit.an area similar to the of Maroon studios having a connection into toon town, have people walk through a brick wall opening and were transported right into toon town.
    1989 - 1998 - Off Property
    August 2006 - Off Property
    May 2008 - Saratoga Springs
    Dec. 2008 - All Star Movies - Engaged
    Dec. 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
    Dec. 2010 - Bay Lake Tower (new dvc members)
    August 2011 - Beach Club Villas
    Disney Dream Cruise
    September 2011 - Animal Kingdom Villas

Quote Originally Posted by bigyanks View Post
    i would like to see a toon town area rebuilt at Hollywood Studios. i think that would be a good fit.an area similar to the of Maroon studios having a connection into toon town, have people walk through a brick wall opening and were transported right into toon town.
    They had something rery basic along those lines back during the Roger Rabbit days. At least the brick wall and some basic toon stuff.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot_Don View Post
    The part of Toon Town I would like to see survive are Mickey and Minnie's Houses. (Big surprise, huh ) Like I said, there is so much to explore and SO much detail. So it would be a shame if they didn't relocate them somewhere. Maybe they could move them to a section of MK between the new Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Off the beaten path so to speak, so you have to explore a bit to find them!
    I also will miss Mickey's and Minnie's houses the most, as far as where they can put them, I'm not sure. Wish they could just leave them in the expanded Fantasyland, it seems appropriate.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I'll miss Pete's garage. My kids just thought it was so funny to see the key.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Plain and simply, I'm gonna' miss the over-the-top, off-the-charts, Disney Imagineering gagfest of it all!
    The place is just a blast!

Like most others, so far, I'll have to go with saving Mickey and Minnie's houses, too!

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I miss when Toontown was just that... a town. At least they kept the radio station around, although I hardly ever heard it 'broadcasting' lately. The school house is gone, the storefronts, etc. They did keep Pete's Garage open, but outside of the bathroom key being inside the gas tank, there isn't much else appealing to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I'll miss Pete's garage. My kids just thought it was so funny to see the key.
    What's that they say about 'great minds'... ?

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I'm glad Toontown existed when my kids were toddlers, but now it's kind of a waste of space for us. They really let things get run down recently so I won't be sorry to see it go, but I do feel bad for people who have young kids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast