Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Animal Kingdom falls short in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by supernova I'll watch the parades as I'm walking to a ride somewhere, but I do not stand in one place to watch the same floats come by ...
  1. #31
    Park Hopper Dad's Avatar
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    good ole southern boy.....
    Posts
    748

    Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post

    I'll watch the parades as I'm walking to a ride somewhere, but I do not stand in one place to watch the same floats come by as I saw a year or more ago. Parades don't have staying power for me. And in all these years, I have yet to see either version of the Jungle Parade. Zero interest.
    In my opinion,the best parade that I have ever seen at any disney park,was the tapestry of nations/dreams parade at Epcot. That parade along with the music,had me in tears;it will touch the heart if you let it.Luckily,I have the entire parade on tape,before they did away with it;like the have done to so many other good things in the past.That's one thing about these disney imagineers that makes me almost want to cuss,is that they get rid of stuff that is really good and things people like and bring in nothing but junk!Example:20,000 leagues,Mr Toad's,Horizons,World of Motion,The original Spaceship Earth,The skyway buckets,Magic Journeys,etc.All of that and more should have been left alone.
    Park Hopper Dad!

  2. #32
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,388

    Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

    Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    In my opinion,the best parade that I have ever seen at any disney park,was the tapestry of nations/dreams parade at Epcot. That parade along with the music,had me in tears;it will touch the heart if you let it.Luckily,I have the entire parade on tape,before they did away with it;like the have done to so many other good things in the past.That's one thing about these disney imagineers that makes me almost want to cuss,is that they get rid of stuff that is really good and things people like and bring in nothing but junk!Example:20,000 leagues,Mr Toad's,Horizons,World of Motion,The original Spaceship Earth,The skyway buckets,Magic Journeys,etc.All of that and more should have been left alone.
    I do miss that parade, though I guess it's because of the music I can still listen to today. I was young when that parade was around, and I have vague memories of it, though I do seem to remember enjoying it.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

    Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


  3. #33
    JNota0005DakMC's Avatar
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    3,271

    Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

    i am still a fan of Aladdin's royal caravan parade... It was the first parade i saw in WDW on my ery first trip... plus there was something about a parade for a parade that i think made it almost believable...

    anyways... back to the point... you know it is funny because there are some shows that i could easily skip... (Festival of LK, BTB stage show) and others that i feel that i cannot miss (Muppets, Philarmagic)

    maybe it is because these are more attractions, than shows per say, but i think i would be devestated if i missed Muppetvision on a trip... not so much for FoLK...

    then again... i could just be weird...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney


    "Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney


    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

    Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/




  4. #34
    Park Hopper Dad's Avatar
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    good ole southern boy.....
    Posts
    748

    Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

    Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i am still a fan of Aladdin's royal caravan parade... It was the first parade i saw in WDW on my ery first trip... plus there was something about a parade for a parade that i think made it almost believable...



    then again... i could just be weird...
    I don't remember that Aladdin parade.When was it?what year?

    And yes,you are,you are wierd! But guess what? So am I! And I'm more wierder than you! ha ha!
    Park Hopper Dad!

  5. #35
    WVParkfan's Avatar
    WVParkfan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    75

    Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

    Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    they get rid of stuff that is really good and things people like and bring in nothing but junk!
    Change is always difficult, and I agree that some classics should be left alone. But, I don't know how you could call any of these "junk:"

    - Expedition Everest
    - Turtle Talk w/ Crush
    - Monsters Inc Laugh Floor Comedy Club
    - Test Track
    - Soarin'
    - Mission Space
    - Philharmagic 3D
    - Rock n' Roller Coaster
    - Toy Story Mania

    These are just a few examples of newer rides/ experiences. They were all extremely expensive, incredibly innovative, massive successes, and have become new classics. And I'd take any of those listed above over tired, old "classics" like the Jungle Boat Cruise, Indy Speedway, Hall of Presidents, and the Country Bears.
    April, 1998 Coronado Springs
    April, 2001 Coronado Springs
    January, 2004 All-Star Sports
    July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    April, 2006 Pop Century
    December, 2006 All-Star Sports
    March, 2008 All-Star Movies
    April, 2009 All-Star Music
    August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort

  6. #36
    Park Hopper Dad's Avatar
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    good ole southern boy.....
    Posts
    748

    Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

    Quote Originally Posted by WVParkfan View Post
    Change is always difficult, and I agree that some classics should be left alone. But, I don't know how you could call any of these "junk:"

    - Expedition Everest
    - Turtle Talk w/ Crush
    - Monsters Inc Laugh Floor Comedy Club
    - Test Track
    - Soarin'
    - Mission Space
    - Philharmagic 3D
    - Rock n' Roller Coaster
    - Toy Story Mania

    These are just a few examples of newer rides/ experiences. They were all extremely expensive, incredibly innovative, massive successes, and have become new classics. And I'd take any of those listed above over tired, old "classics" like the Jungle Boat Cruise, Indy Speedway, Hall of Presidents, and the Country Bears.
    Actually,all of those you mentioned I've done except Turtle Talk and Toy Story mania,and they all are cool.Matter of fact,those are the types of new things they we do need and like.I probably could have said my comment differently,because all of those things you mentioned are awesome as new stuff coming in.I think,now that I am taking time to think about it,what I really mean,is when all of the cool classics are taken away and replaced,instead of keeping the classics and just adding to the parks new stuff,but re-locate the new stuff somewhere else,so the classics can stay.But then of course,we all say,but where would they put the new stuff? I agree,where?
    Again,my opinion,but I have never liked ToonTown,Mickey's Starland,or whatever they decide to call it.That space could definitely be used for some cool new technology type rides/attractions.But with this new fairyland being built(I am against it,think it is space wasted),if I am correct,it will do away with or at least downsize Toontown area.Again,to me,that is what I was trying to refer to as junk.Because everyone will not always be happy with the new stuff and tearing out of the older classics.I do welcome new stuff,but since both of girls are in their mid teens,new stuff like this fairyland,will be considered a waste of space for older kids and adults.Truthfully,only those with smaller kids from toddlers to elem school age will probably enjoy it the most.Will we walk through it and check it out?Sure we will! because it is Disney and we always try to do all things at least once.But will we be thrilled or overwhelmed like say,on Expedition Everest,or Mission Space,most assuredly no.
    Thanks for emphasizing my previous comment,because I do not want to portray the wrong attitude or image in these forums.I basicly typed too fast without really thinking about the best way to say what Iwas trying to say.It's cool.
    Park Hopper Dad!

  7. #37
    WVParkfan's Avatar
    WVParkfan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    75

    Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

    Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    Again,my opinion,but I have never liked ToonTown,Mickey's Starland,or whatever they decide to call it.That space could definitely be used for some cool new technology type rides/attractions.
    I agree 100% with you there! I'd say the same thing about Tom Sawyer Island! I've always felt that was an incredible waste of land. I grew up in a rural area, and climbing rocks and trees was what we did every day as a kid. Not something I'd want to have to pay $80 to do at an amusement park!

    HOWEVER, I do realize that for some kids who have grown up in a city, the Tom Sawyer Island area is foreign to them. And that should be available to them.

    So, it is a fine line to decide what stays and what goes. To determine what is a "classic," and what has the potential to become a "classic" later in time. I'm glad that I don't have to make those decisions!!!
    April, 1998 Coronado Springs
    April, 2001 Coronado Springs
    January, 2004 All-Star Sports
    July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    April, 2006 Pop Century
    December, 2006 All-Star Sports
    March, 2008 All-Star Movies
    April, 2009 All-Star Music
    August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort

  8. #38
    Park Hopper Dad's Avatar
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    good ole southern boy.....
    Posts
    748

    Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

    Quote Originally Posted by WVParkfan View Post
    I agree 100% with you there! I'd say the same thing about Tom Sawyer Island! I've always felt that was an incredible waste of land. I grew up in a rural area, and climbing rocks and trees was what we did every day as a kid. Not something I'd want to have to pay $80 to do at an amusement park!

    HOWEVER, I do realize that for some kids who have grown up in a city, the Tom Sawyer Island area is foreign to them. And that should be available to them.

    So, it is a fine line to decide what stays and what goes. To determine what is a "classic," and what has the potential to become a "classic" later in time. I'm glad that I don't have to make those decisions!!!

    How true,how true.I partially agree with you about Tom Sawyer's island,because it takes so long to get over to it on the rafts and then walking around on it,but,going in the caves and the escape paths from the fort is cool.
    Park Hopper Dad!

  9. #39
    JNota0005DakMC's Avatar
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    3,271

    Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

    Park Hopper Dad- Aladdin's Royal Caravan ran in 1993-94 id say... it looked just like the Prince Ali caravan from the film...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney


    "Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney


    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

    Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/




  10. #40
    zippitydoodah's Avatar
    zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Guelph, ON
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    At this point, I've been to WDW enough that now every park is a half-day park. I purchase a 7-day park hopper ticket, and that usually lasts me for about five or so years. Last time down I hit all four in one day, visiting only for the attractions I wanted to see. I may slow down a bit this time since I have two tickets left and one day on each, but I'm going down solo this time around. Otherwise, it's the Christmas Party one day, and then the other three parks on one ticket.

    I hope I never get like this about Disney World. That makes me sad...
    On many trips I go on I can only afford to do one or MAYBE two days at a park, and it's never ever enough. The one time where we decided to get a 2 day hopper so we could do all 4 of the parks in the 2 days was one of the worst experiences at Disney for me.. I didn't get to see or do half of what I wanted, or enjoy the little details.

    Also, I don't understand how people can hate so many rides, all parades, all shows, not be an animal person, etc... and enjoy WDW? Gosh and how anyone could watch Nemo and NOT cry is beyond me lol. I didnt want to see it because nemo is NOT a musical and it seemed strange, but oh boy. The first time I saw it I was with 5 friends, 4 of whom had never been to Disney before (and who were in their 20s), all of whom bought the nemo soundtrack IMMEDIATELY upon leaving. Two of these were guys... 25 year old (ish) guys who had never been to Disney World before.

  11. #41
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,388

    Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

    Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Gosh and how anyone could watch Nemo and NOT cry is beyond me lol. I didnt want to see it because nemo is NOT a musical and it seemed strange, but oh boy. The first time I saw it I was with 5 friends, 4 of whom had never been to Disney before (and who were in their 20s), all of whom bought the nemo soundtrack IMMEDIATELY upon leaving. Two of these were guys... 25 year old (ish) guys who had never been to Disney World before.
    I saw it and I did cry. Or maybe I was just bored to tears.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

    Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


  12. #42
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Liquordale
    Posts
    1,178

    Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

    Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Also, I don't understand how people can hate so many rides, all parades, all shows, not be an animal person, etc... and enjoy WDW? Gosh and how anyone could watch Nemo and NOT cry is beyond me.
    What you need to understand is not everyone loves WDW for the same reasons you do. I saw Finding Nemo and liked it but I have no desire to see a show about it. I didn't cry when my grandmother, whom I dearly loved, died 3 years ago...so crying for a puppet fish is highly unlikely even if someone managed to give me the Clockwork Orange treatment and forced me to watch that particular show by holding my eyes open.

  13. #43
    JNota0005DakMC's Avatar
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    3,271

    Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

    you have to understand something here... many of us have been there soo many times...


    lemme see if i can explain what i mean... this is tough...


    i can go to wdw and not see any parades... they do not really have the staying power for me... the same with the shows...

    many ppl say, "if youve seen it once, you do not need to see it again." i get that feeling...

    but the rides are a different thing altogether... alot of ppl live for the classic attractions and rides of their childhood... most shows just dont last...

    take mgm for ex... look at all of the shows that have come and gone... but something like Pirates... will hopefully be in wdw till the end of time...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney


    "Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney


    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

    Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/




  14. #44
    zippitydoodah's Avatar
    zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Guelph, ON
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

    I go at least once a year now (this year its looking like 3 times, but at least twice) and I still watch each parade on each trip... plus youtube them at home in between. Same with the fireworks shows, I once saw wishes 3 times in one trip before and I frequently youtube it. I don't really see the difference between a show/parade and a ride... except that a show or parade is usually longer than a ride, and you don't have to stand in a lineup (if you wait you can at least sit).
    Anyways, I guess if people are going more than 1-3 times a year you could get sick of things. I go to the zoo at least once a year and never get sick of it, but I love photography and animals (I took 4 animal behavior classes in university). I guess if you're not an animal person there's not so much of a draw. Frankly I can do Hollywood studios once every 2 years and I'm done... and even then I'm usually doing ToT, RR and toy story mania now that it's there over and over (after everything else gets done once). To me there's just so much more to LOOK at and photograph (again, probably being into photography helps my interest) at AK than HS. And I've done a full day at AK before WITHOUT doing the shows or parades before, and this is with night time EMHs... (and then went back a few days later for more, plus the shows and parade). Maybe I'm just more easily entertained, or I go when its busier (although its usually late august and not that busy) and so the lineups take more time up?


    Also, I'm not going to argue that MK and Epcot aren't way better than AK... the classic rides of MK are wonderful, and AK isn't my favourite park by a long shot. I just still really like it (and think its way better than HS). Especially if they change the rockin roller coaster to the Jonas Brothers. Also, on my first trip to Disney when I was a kid I remember going to the AK preview and being SO excited, and then the second trip it was there... so AK rides are part of my childhood just as much as anything else! I think a lot of older people don't want things to change but don't realize that if it doesn't have the sentimental value of being "from your childhood", it's kinda boring (like when I youtube videos of old rides people are really upset about being gone).

  15. #45
    wdwkid32's Avatar
    wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    dinoland USA
    Posts
    184

    Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

    I agree. There should be more shows. And second they should have never taken tarzan rocks away!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Animal Kingdom 3/15/08 Trip Report
    By Sorria in forum Trip Reports & Member Reviews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 01:04 AM
  2. Filming at Animal Kingdom
    By Sorria in forum Ask The Disney Experts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 11:31 PM
  3. Old Animal Kingdom Article
    By StitchFan23 in forum WDW Theme Parks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 10:35 AM
  4. What is the best Christmas event at Animal Kingdom Lodge
    By unc23 in forum Walt Disney World (WDW) News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 08:21 PM
  5. Another Elephant born at AK
    By TrendyMagic in forum Walt Disney World (WDW) News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 09:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •