Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Animal Kingdom falls short in the Vacation Planning forums; I've just got one question,well,maybe two maybe three.What gives? Are you people on this site rich?How can many of yall go 2-3 times a year to WDW?I can barely go ...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Animal Kingdom falls short

I've just got one question,well,maybe two maybe three.What gives? Are you people on this site rich?How can many of yall go 2-3 times a year to WDW?I can barely go once and haven't been in 2 yrs since I was laid off from my job.How do yall do it?It is very expensive to go to WDW! Now I'm not knocking it,not at all,I wish we could go 2 times a year,but for now at least once.Who,of all of you rich people,want to fund me and my family to go back to WDW this year?if you're that rich to go more than once yourselves,then you can help us out!We NEED our Disney fix!It's been way too long!Come on Disney brothers and sisters,help out your hurting disney brother!
    Park Hopper Dad!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

[QUOTE=Park Hopper Dad;880084]I've just got one question,well,maybe two maybe three.What gives? Are you people on this site rich?How can many of yall go 2-3 times a year to WDW?I can barely go once and haven't been in 2 yrs since I was laid off from my job.How do yall do it?It is very expensive to go to WDW! Now I'm not knocking it,not at all,I wish we could go 2 times a year,but for now at least once.Who,of all of you rich people,want to fund me and my family to go back to WDW this year?if you're that rich to go more than once yourselves,then you can help us out!We NEED our Disney fix!It's been way too long!Come on Disney brothers and sisters,help out your hurting disney brother![/QUOTE

Actually, my bank card was denied last week for insufficient funds when trying to buy a Big Mac meal. I had $4 in my account. I just finished my 2nd degree, and am working as a house cleaner and it's NOT paying the bills.

However, my parents go to florida every march break. We drive and do NOT stay at Disney (I've only stayed AT disney once) and cook all our food in our kitchen. I go along and stay on the couch, and my expenses are zero so I save up and do one or two days at a disney park (usually just once). So... thats a pretty expense-free trip, and no one in my family likes Disney at all so none of them come with me (maybe my parents once in awhile).

Also, my boyfriends mom has a timeshare and so every once in awhile she uses it to go to florida and then we do some disney. The last time we went my only expenses again were food (we had a kitchen so... same expenses as at home), drove (and she paid for the gas) and my graduation present for my BSc from my parents was my Disney tickets.

Those are the only trips I do, and the only reason this year I might do a third trip is becuase my best friend is doing MUCH better in life than I am lol, and is going to get a DVC timeshare and I might go with her on a trip. MAYBE... if I can find a 2nd or 3rd job. I'm not married and I don't have kids, don't own a house.

Anyways, when my family goes we stay off property... our place is $500 for the week and sleeps 8, has 2 bathrooms and a kitchen (plus another kitchenette). Fit 7 people in a van means pretty cheap splitting of gas, no restaurants (we do ONE eating out on our last day), don't need a rental car... and like I said, I do one or MAYBE two park days. They are often my Christmas presents from people. Not having kids means I only have to pay for myself. I'm definetly not rich, I just do the cheapest vacation possible to get my fix in, and I luck out huge in having family that I can just join in with...

Oh, and we pack sandwiches for lunch and dinner while at Disney.

I know what you mean Zippitydoodah! We started staying on property in 2000 and stayed there each trip after that until I lost my job.But always at the value resorts and in the value season so it was relatively inexpensive.Once we stayed at Carribean Beach resort,but they must've been running a special,cause it didn't cost us very much more at all than to stay at a value resort.Tickets to the parks actually cost more than the room for a week.
    We were however,blessed for ten years and went ten years in a row before I lost my job.When will we get to go back?Honestly,I really don't know.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    if you're that rich to go more than once yourselves,then you can help us out!We NEED our Disney fix!It's been way too long!Come on Disney brothers and sisters,help out your hurting disney brother!

You and your family can hop in my van and share the couch with me if you want! lol. I'll make you spaghetti and peanut butter sandwiches
    Actually, I once told my bf that when we get married I want to put off having kids for a bit so we can still afford to go to Disney, and he looked at me like I was crazy (for good reason lol).

I know what you mean Zippitydoodah! We started staying on property in 2000 and stayed there each trip after that until I lost my job.But always at the value resorts and in the value season so it was relatively inexpensive.Once we stayed at Carribean Beach resort,but they must've been running a special,cause it didn't cost us very much more at all than to stay at a value resort.Tickets to the parks actually cost more than the room for a week.
    We were however,blessed for ten years and went ten years in a row before I lost my job.When will we get to go back?Honestly,I really don't know.

Ya, my splurge was to do 2 days at Pop Century for my Christmas present with my boyfriend on the march break haha. Value's are pricey enough as it is! However, my bf has agreed that we can go to Disney for our honeymoon, and people keep saying "well its an excuse to travel anywhere you want, why go to Disney AGAIN?!" But see... its the ONLY opportunity I'll have to stay at deluxe, do all the parks in one trip and maybe even more than once, eat out every night... oh it will be WONDERFUL! haha.
    (and I'll do the AK twice!)

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    You and your family can hop in my van and share the couch with me if you want! lol. I'll make you spaghetti and peanut butter sandwiches
    Actually, I once told my bf that when we get married I want to put off having kids for a bit so we can still afford to go to Disney, and he looked at me like I was crazy (for good reason lol).
    Ha Ha! Thanks Zippity.Seriously though,we keep God first in our lives and he knows how dear to our hearts it is for us to go to WDW,so he will provide me enough extra cash when he's ready to let us start going back.For now,I'm very thankful,just to earn enough money to pay my bills,buy groceries,put that liquid gold in my vehicles and have a little extra to do something with.Take care.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Ha Ha! Thanks Zippity.Seriously though,we keep God first in our lives and he knows how dear to our hearts it is for us to go to WDW,so he will provide me enough extra cash when he's ready to let us start going back.For now,I'm very thankful,just to earn enough money to pay my bills,buy groceries,put that liquid gold in my vehicles and have a little extra to do something with.Take care.

You too
    It ****s when life gets hard, and that always seems to be when you NEED a vacation the most, yet can't afford it. I hope you get to bring your family to Disney soon!

Ya, my splurge was to do 2 days at Pop Century for my Christmas present with my boyfriend on the march break haha. Value's are pricey enough as it is! However, my bf has agreed that we can go to Disney for our honeymoon, and people keep saying "well its an excuse to travel anywhere you want, why go to Disney AGAIN?!" But see... its the ONLY opportunity I'll have to stay at deluxe, do all the parks in one trip and maybe even more than once, eat out every night... oh it will be WONDERFUL! haha.
    (and I'll do the AK twice!)
    I know what you mean.One thing that I don't get,is why does people that doesn't go to WDW,have to say things to those of us that do go to WDW,
    like "you've been to WDW,why go again?" Or,"why do you have to keep going down there?" Or,"well I don't see why you want to go down there again,you've been many times."
    It's almost as if,if someone else doesn't go to WDW,then why should anyone else?Is it jealousy?Is it envy?Is it sadness because they can't go?or is it genuine desires to go themselves?
    I really don't know,but I had my own family say some of those same things to me and my family.
    There's a saying that's going around in the family of WDW lovers,and it says this:"For those who get it,no explanation is needed,for those who don't,no explanation will do."
    Park Hopper Dad!

You too
    It ****s when life gets hard, and that always seems to be when you NEED a vacation the most, yet can't afford it. I hope you get to bring your family to Disney soon!
    Thanks Zippity,I appreciate your warm words.I do as well.MY girls were 4 and 7 when we started going with them in 1998,so they grew up going every year,until 2008.They are now,16 and 19,and they say things all the time like,daddy I wish we could go back to Disney.I sure miss going.My girls are clean and pure(if you know what I mean),and they still have their childlike innocence,so going to WDW is still a big deal for them.I guess,at least for us,raising our girls up in church,has made an impact on them and they haven't gotten involved with the bad things of this world.being active in church,singing in services,has kept them focused more on that than dealing with bad things.Sorry for rattling.
    Park Hopper Dad!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Hey guys... i gotta be honest... i know how you guys feel... the only time i ever went to WDW on my own was in '06... and i am now going in 2010 with my girlfriend in august...

my problem is i am a teacher... and with trying to get my masters (required in NY) and the fact that our state aid just is not cutting it... my job could be in jeopardy... im afraid this might be my last time to WDW for a while...

zippity... like you, my family goes every other year, so i can go down... but im there literally fri-sun... this is because i do not like taking sick days when i am untenured as a teacher...

i think many ppl on this site go often because they live close, or have family that lives close... im not trying to put words in ppls mouths but it has been my observation...
    Last edited by JNota0005DakMC; 05-12-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: addition
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Hey guys... i gotta be honest... i know how you guys feel... the only time i ever went to WDW on my own was in '06... and i am now going in 2010 with my girlfriend in august...

my problem is i am a teacher... and with trying to get my masters (required in NY) and the fact that our state aid just is not cutting it... my job could be in jeopardy... im afraid this might be my last time to WDW for a while...

zippity... like you, my family goes every other year, so i can go down... but im there literally fri-sun... this is because i do not like taking sick days when i am untenured as a teacher...

i think many ppl on this site go often because they live close, or have family that lives close... im not trying to put words in ppls mouths but it has been my observation...

I'm a teacher too and live in Canada. I've read a couple posts from people in the past saying they would NEVER go to disney during spring break or the summer because its too busy, and there is nothing that would make them go then. But... that's THE only time I can go lol. I wish I was so lucky that I could be picky!

My whole family is made up of teachers, so thats why we always so in March, on the week where we have our break. And we drive. So... 4 days driving takes up a lot of time. Not that I'm complaining... being able to do one day at Disney World a year is a lot better than some people can do I know I'm still lucky!

Unfortunately (fortunately?) there are ZERO available teaching jobs in Ontario (even supply) , so I'm unemployed. Which makes for an odd situation, since its the only time in my life I am (and will ever again be) able to to go to Disney at any time of year I want... and yet I'm oh so poor and lack the funds to go!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yeh... of course that is the way... when it is feasible to go... money always becomes the issue...

luckily for me i am going in late August... it is cheaper because the Southern states are back in school... but my state does not go back until Sept... thats if i have a job to go back to...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234