Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Epcot Imagination Pavillion in the Vacation Planning forums; Does anyone else feel that epcot has some refurbing to do with some of its pavillions? I think the World Showcase is fine, but Future World is where im more ...
    RollTideMickey is offline A-Ticket holder

Epcot Imagination Pavillion

Does anyone else feel that epcot has some refurbing to do with some of its pavillions? I think the World Showcase is fine, but Future World is where im more concerned with. Yes, I know Figment and Honey I Shrunk the Audience are classic attractions now, but I think HISTA is very out dated and figment..well as cute as it is..never really attracts many people anymore from what I see on my trips. The building itself is huge and could use some touch ups since it is starting to look "worn". A new high tech attraction or dark ride could fit nicely in the space. Innoventions is neat but lets face it..there is also alot of unused space inside. Also, the old Body Wars pavillion NEEDS to open back up with something new soon! Anyone else agree...or disagree with my comments??

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Epcot Imagination Pavillion

I would also like to see something new open up in the Wonders of Life pavillion. It seems a shame to have that huge space with nothing in it. I suppose it is tough for companies to sponsor something new during the current economic downturn.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

There's a good reason why the Imagination Pavillion locks its doors at 7pm every evening.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    There's a good reason why the Imagination Pavillion locks its doors at 7pm every evening.
    Cause otherwise Figment will get loose?
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane

I've NEVER like HISTA. I think its a little too scary, and it doesn't really have any heart to it. Plus, that photo montage with "True Colours" playing over it is totally out of place. I know Kodak is the sponsor but I've always thought it was tacky and cheesy. As for Figment...I miss the original incarnation of that attraction, like a lot of people do. I miss the Dreamfinder. I DO love the very end, when you're sort of in outer-space and then the lights come on and you're at the exit station. Very cool! And Wonders of Life really does need to come back, but updated. Thats the biggest challenge in all this, staying ahead of the times, showing new technology. I think thats why its so easy for these attractions to appear run down and become horribly out of date - its hard building something permanent when tech is changing at an almost daily pace!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Quote Originally Posted by emabee View Post
    Cause otherwise Figment will get loose?
    Figment only tries to get loose so he can go and beg guests to come visit his pavillion. Must get awfully lonely in there.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!

Figment only tries to get loose so he can go and beg guests to come visit his pavillion. Must get awfully lonely in there.

says, "pphhhhbbbbttttttttttttt"
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

neumanzoo is offline B-Ticket Holder

We still do JIYI each trip. We enjoy the queue especially. As for HISTA - ugh - didn't like it the first time and we never do it anymore. I just think it is super outdated and really never that good anyway.

I agree with NC WDW Daddy - bring some new life to the Wonders of Life pavillion! Maybe now that they've updated The Land and The Seas they will have time to work on WoL and the Imagination Pavillion!
    Next trip to the World
    May 13-20, 2010!

Disney's Folly is offline C-Ticket Holder

I just commented on this on a post about EO but my sense is that while I don't think the Journey ride is as bad as others do, I do see its flaws and miss the whimsy or the original. I never felt strongly about EO and felt even less about Honey. My feeling is in a pavilion about the very concept that is at the heart of the term "imagineering" should be the best showcase for said imagineers. The 3D movie needs to stop being about Michael Jackson or Rick Moranis and actually stretch the imagination. And the ride needs to tap into something a bit more imaginative.

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I agree! I think that the land is an all star pavilion in Future wirld along with test track, mission: space, and energy. But wonders of life really needs something there. I dont think they should haveTaken it away at all really.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

if only they were to listen to fans... instead of the board of directors... i bet the imagineers have alot of great ideas... and im sure they are just pushed by the wayside...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

heff is offline A-Ticket holder

I don't know. Maybe I am in the minority, but I personally like the new version. I thought the old one was too Jules Verneish to hold up and needed an update. Do I think they could have sunken a bit more cash into it? Yes, but I think it addresses a good point that in a fact/science driven world there are some things that can never be measured in a laboratory. I think the lab theme is part of the reason the beginning of the ride is so sparse.

Aww Phooey is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by heff View Post
    I don't know. Maybe I am in the minority, but I personally like the new version. I thought the old one was too Jules Verneish to hold up and needed an update. Do I think they could have sunken a bit more cash into it? Yes, but I think it addresses a good point that in a fact/science driven world there are some things that can never be measured in a laboratory. I think the lab theme is part of the reason the beginning of the ride is so sparse.
    The current version is...okay. I really miss the original ride because it was so whimsical but I can't hate the ride in its current incarnation. Especially because when the ride FIRST changed it was so much worse. Almost no Figment at all except for a constellation that was more of an easter egg. He was completely gone! I've never known a ride to get a second revision so quickly. :P

So I'm just content with the fact that Disney revised it a second time. I still miss the Dreamfinder but at least Figment is back.
    Gotta love a duck in uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    if only they were to listen to fans... instead of the board of directors... i bet the imagineers have alot of great ideas... and im sure they are just pushed by the wayside...
    They can only listen to fans for so long, though. A few hundred people on a Disney fan board are way outnumbered by casual and new visitors to the parks, along with the number of new fans who have been born since the Dreamfinder was taken out. If they keep things too nostalgic for the sake of the fans, they'll never advance.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

They can only listen to fans for so long, though. A few hundred people on a Disney fan board are way outnumbered by casual and new visitors to the parks, along with the number of new fans who have been born since the Dreamfinder was taken out. If they keep things too nostalgic for the sake of the fans, they'll never advance.

oh i completely agree... but i believe they should let the imagineers do the work as Walt would have wanted it... they generally have the mind and the vision... the board of directors should be used as a "yes we can afford it" or "not right now"

i think WDW has been listening to the business men too much and not the visionaries enough...

"how many ppl can we fit on this ride at once... 250... good lets do it then..." i think that might be the board's attitude on the subject...

if that were the case then things like Pan's flight, and Space Mountain might never have been built...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast