Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss If I could work at one attraction, it would be... in the Vacation Planning forums; I'd work anywhere....and I don't get this new job I applied for, I'm going to head to WDW and look for a job... I'd even sweep the parks, as long ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I'd work anywhere....and I don't get this new job I applied for, I'm going to head to WDW and look for a job... I'd even sweep the parks, as long as it's 40 hours a week and I could live off of the pay.

What do the average cast members make?

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Without a doubt, I would want to be Goofy. I'm 6' 0" tall, so it is one of the few costumes I would fit in. And from what my family says, Goofy fits my personality. Plus, I had a BLAST being PeeDee the Pirate at East Carolina University.

But if that wasn't available, I would want to be a monorail driver.

On a side note, has anybody else seen that the new monorail in Las Vegas is exactly the same as Disney's? The only exception is that they are computer driven...meaning no human driver. Hopefully Disney doesn't go that route in the future.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    One thing I always wished I had done was work in WDW during the summer as part of the College Program. Someone asked me where I would like to work if i had the choice, so I put the question out to you:

If you worked at WDW, and had the choice of working anywhere, where would it be and why?

For me, my first choice would be to be a tour guide. (Obviously), I love the behind the scenes stuff, history, etc. about WDW, and would love to be able to walk and talk with the guests and answer their questions about the parks. I'd also love to be a Jungle Cruise skipper. It gives you a chance to really interact with the guests and have some fun!

My Sister works at Space Mountain, I think that would be cool especially if I could walk to check out the track.

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The question asks for what attraction, so my usual answer of Monorail Driver doesn't apply here (though it's considered by many an attraction in itself)!

If I were going to work at an attraction, I guess I'd like to work at Fantasmic, just because I never get tired of seeing it. And I agree that Jungle Cruise skipper provides the most interaction.

Of course, hanging out at Ariel's Grotto wouldn't be all bad either!
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Nuts, I guess my answers don't apply either then. [thinking]What attraction would I want to work? Hmmmm......[/thinking] I got it! the Jungle Cruise! I would love to make all those tired jokes. Even after ~30 years worth of trips to the World, I still love a good cruise!!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Stitch - Cast Members don't really make that much. That's why they get college students to work there. Thirteen years ago I made $5.35/hr. It was enough to just get by. I had some money saved up before I went so I didn't have to watch every penny.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Sign me up for the Jungle Cruise. (And after some of Mickeybabe's recent comical posts, give her a job there, too!)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    Well, after doing it for a month, (College Program) I know I don't want custodial again. I'm going to try out for a character role next year after I get my degree. (I reallllllly want to be cast as Chip or Dale) or Haunted Mansion, I think that would be really fun too.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    since i worked at Six Flags Darien Lake and did all kinds of things there, BUT at disneyworld i think i would want to be the person helping plan peoples vacations

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I think as long as I was in Magic Kingdom, I'd be happy, BUT- I'd love to work in Adventureland- especially on the Jungle Cruise! How fun would that be? I'd also enjoy working the Tiki Room, but those costumes are horrible! My little sister had to do that during her CP. If I couldn't be at the MK, I'd like to be a driver on the safari in AK.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

disneychris33 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would love to work at either water park. I love the outdoors with the Florida sunshine, and being a Pisces - that speaks for itself.
    :mickey: Disneychris33 <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'October 5, 2007 6:05:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>Going to see the mouse</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Here I come Mickey';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Disney_God is offline A-Ticket holder
    Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, and a truck driver on the Safari. Plenty of chances to see the animals up close and personal.
    Yo ho Yo ho a pirate's life for me....

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I wonder if working on/in many of these attractions is as exciting as we think/hope it would be...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'd like either Jungle Cruise or Kilamanjaro Safari driver because they both interact with guests a lot.

I think I'm gonna do the College Program when I'm in College.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    If I worked at WDW, I think my first choice would be to dress up and be Jasmine. If limited to an attraction, I think I would choose the Tower of Terror.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast