Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss If I could work at one attraction, it would be... in the Vacation Planning forums; One thing I always wished I had done was work in WDW during the summer as part of the College Program. Someone asked me where I would like to work ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Question If I could work at one attraction, it would be...

One thing I always wished I had done was work in WDW during the summer as part of the College Program. Someone asked me where I would like to work if i had the choice, so I put the question out to you:

If you worked at WDW, and had the choice of working anywhere, where would it be and why?

For me, my first choice would be to be a tour guide. (Obviously), I love the behind the scenes stuff, history, etc. about WDW, and would love to be able to walk and talk with the guests and answer their questions about the parks. I'd also love to be a Jungle Cruise skipper. It gives you a chance to really interact with the guests and have some fun!
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 05-10-2004 at 09:55 AM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

dizchick73 is offline A-Ticket holder
    i think i'd like to work on some of the rides in fantasyland or toontown because i like working with young children

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Haunted Mansion
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Harry... I agree about the HM... it is unquestionably my favorite attraction.. but other than the small spiel in the foyer and stretching room ("Drag your bodies...."), there isn't much guest interaction. (And I don't want to walk on the load/unload walkway all day )

If I could be at the "front door" or outside, and be in true HM character, that might be fun as well.
    Lou Mongello

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I want to give people the creepy stare down as they depart for their journey.
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

LilMarcieMouse is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking

I think it would be fun to be the Fairy GodMother. I would love to make kids and Adults Happy.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

Jennifer2003 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think I would like to be a ride greeter or the ride unloader. You get to interact with people!

Second choice would be in a gift shop!

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    This is a tough question. I'm a pretty big guy (6'4") and I do that "dark" thing really well so part of me would love to be either at the Haunted Mansion or the Tower of Terror. I do the "no smile" sinister thing quite well. But like someone else said, there is very little interaction with those roles so I'm torn. I think if I had to choose, it would be one of the hosts on The Great Movie Ride. I'm really into movies and I can watch that last film over and over so I think that ride is perfect for me.
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    If it's restricted to CP-type jobs, I'd say working on Main Street in Operations would be ideal. Otherwise, keeping it to Guest-contact-involving jobs - perhaps Guest Relations/Tours. Otherwise, definitely in WDI or Ride and Show Engineering!

I asked this to someone at work the other day and she replied, "I'm only 99 pounds.. I am fair-skinned and have blonde hair and blue eyes... All I want to do is be Tinkerbell and fly from the Castle. They don't even have to pay me."
    Lou Mongello

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Lou, you should have done the College Program. You really missed out on a fantastic experience ( and lots of drinking - oops thinking out loud again )
    I would have liked to work the Great Movie Ride. It is one of my favourite rides.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

I know.. I know.. HUGE regret of mine!!!
    Lou Mongello

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    oh geez.....I've had my dreams and even came close......I had always dreamed of doing the Jungle Cruise and then later on I wanted to be a Monorail Driver.

So, back when I was going to Junior College, a friend of mine and I decided to go to DL and give it a try. Both of us were accepted. He ended up working in the warehouse and I started out in janitorial. After a year I moved into merchandising (where I ended up working at both magic shops, Merlin's and Main Street Magic)!

Of course what I really always wanted to do was to be a Tour Guide (but, of course, it seemed like all the tour guides were girls!). I'm still open for anyone who needs a tour guide, either DL or WDW........resume available.........
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

Hagar55 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Since the first time I went back in 1983 and road the Monorail for the first time, I wanted to drive it. I joke with my wife now all the time telling her that is where I want to retire and drive the Monorail.

If that didn't work out, I would work pretty much anywhere at WDW, I don't think I would want to work just 1 attraction, I would rather work loading and unloading on a bunch of different attractions, this way you get just one song or theme in your head over and over...imaging working IASW 40 hours a week for a year? Can you hear the song in your head yet? Is it driving you nuts?

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hagar

although almost everyone mentions IASW and its song, I have something that is even worse (imagine that?!).

Back when I was a CM at DL, when I worked in janitorial, one of our break areas was behind the west side of Fantasyland. It actually was right behind part of the Snow White attraction. So, approximately every 30 seconds or so, while you sat enjoying a coke or whatever, you heard the wicked queen say "have an apple, dearie!" Even 15 minutes of that a day was enough......
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast