Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Magic Music Days in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone ever been involved in any of the Magic Music days or does anyone go to see any of these when they are on in the parks?...
    petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Magic Music Days

Has anyone ever been involved in any of the Magic Music days or does anyone go to see any of these when they are on in the parks?

mick_chick17 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Magic Music Days

Our marching band and orchestra did over Christmas Break in 08. That is my favorite trip ever!! Both the band and orchestra got to play backstage with a conductor from disney. We got to play to a movie screen and it was amazing. Just being able to go back stage in EPCOT was amazing! Then after our session, we got changed backstage in one of the changing rooms in EPCOT. Loaded up on our buses and headed over to Downtown Disney. It was terribly hot and our instruments took a while tuning due to the changes coming from freezing Michigan (we left on the day we had a huge snow storm!) to 90 degrees in Orlando! The crowd was packed (well...the majority was from our school...). Then that night our band marched right before the spectroMagic parade. (I was a little jealous that they got to go backstage MK...). Our amazing chaperones save a huge spot for all the orchestra kids right in front of the statue of mickey and walt. So we got to see them play down main street. Once we heard them, everyone was standing up and yelling and shouting "GO BUCS!" (our schools really spirited...). Our film guy, Dennis, said everyone was surprised at how well we performed. And the best part was when the band got to closer to us, they played our fight song. I don't know what you wanted to know specifically. I could go forever about that trip! It was so magical!!

WOW! I'm even wearing my Disney Shirt right now! Haha, the best part was everyone (there was about 200 or so of us) wearing these lime green shirts, entering the MK and every where you look is just green!!

May 2005- GKTW for a Make-A-Wish Trip
    Feb 2007- Off Property and 1 night at All-Star Movies
    December 2008-09- All-Star Music Orchestra Trip
    BIRTHDAY TRIP
    SEPTEMBER 2010

All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them--Walt Disney aka The Man

Sounds deadly. We did an Irish dancing show in the theatre in tomorrowland twice in Magic Kingdom first in 2005 and them in 2008. It was fantastic we all got changed backstage for the show and then we taken down to the theatre in a bus. They told us in 2005 we broke park records for having the most people stay sitting in an outdoor gig for the duration of the show since the park opened so we were going to be in disney hall of fame or something of the sort! Eitherways it was amazing and then watching wishes fireworks after doing the show was just magical. Oh and the first year we danced Chip and Dale were backstage when we finished and while we were waiting for the bus they started dancing with the little ones.. the little ones weer showing them how to irish dance and they would try copy what the little ones did it was so cute.

We also got t-shirts for performing and in 2005 when we performed we got an exclusive magic music days pin as well.

mick_chick17 is offline A-Ticket holder

aww how cute! yeah we got tshirts too...but sadly...the only size they had was XXL!!!! Whoa, Irish dancing is so cool!! I love fiddle music, so they go hand in hand!!

May 2005- GKTW for a Make-A-Wish Trip
    Feb 2007- Off Property and 1 night at All-Star Movies
    December 2008-09- All-Star Music Orchestra Trip
    BIRTHDAY TRIP
    SEPTEMBER 2010

All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them--Walt Disney aka The Man

WyckedPhoenix is offline D-Ticket Holder

I did two trips at Disneyland many years ago in high school. The band got to work with a Disney conductor and the colorguard got to go to a performance lesson. One we learned a section of dance from a Lion King show and for another we learned a parade routine (I don't remember which one though.) Then we started a parade by marching down Main St.

I also did a choir compitition at the Disneyland Hotel. We got to spend the day in the park between the compitition and the awards ceremony, we won first place that year. I have two tshirts and patches that went on my letterman jacket from the band trips, I also have another patch from the choir trip. They are so much fun!
    *Jennifer Lynn*
    NDW #38
    Fist EVER WDW trip in October 2011!
    Things about me....

That sounds cool.
    Yeah the Irish dancing shows went down a storm! In 2008 we also danced in Universal City walk on paddy's day and the hard rock cafe there that night and the day before we did disney we danced at Nasa and were the first Irish dancers to perform there was brill!
    The magic music days thing is a great programme though giving people chance to perform at disney it's fab!

ponigirl2000 is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Re: Magic Music Days

I LOVE Disney Magic Music Days. My brother did it twice with our High School Band as did my Sister and I. I have been very involved with it when we were there we were able to march in the Share a Dream Come True Parade and then head over backstage to Epcot to do the most amazing thing ever...We got to be the background music to Lion King! It truly was a dream come true for me however because it was one of my dreams to march down Main Street as Drum Major for my High School Band so it was all very Disney like for me...also because I'm a disney freak. It is an awesome program that Disney does and I will definitley be taking my band there when I am done with college and get a job. Definitley go and enjoy the sounds

Aww Phooey is offline B-Ticket Holder

Every four years my old high school band goes to participate in MMD. So my siblings and I have all gone once.

I went as a junior (and coincidentally that year our marching show used music from Illuminations: Reflections of Earth...though back then it was Millennium Celebration) the year we went. It was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Marching down Main Street pretty much was a dream come true going back to when I was little. I didn't even notice the heat under the uniform and it was over so fast. Plus during Illuminations a whole group of us got together and started singing along with the soundtrack.

I was just amazing.

I'm still stuck with those memories. I ended up marrying one of my fellow band geeks and we honeymooned in WDW. It was cool going back to take pictures at the same locations we took group photos back in high school 8 years before. And we both still have a great love for Illuminations (we even used "Promise" as our wedding song).
    Gotta love a duck in uniform.