Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Mickey's Toontown closing? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC and i am not bashing MtR either... i think it was a victim of its time... the fact is MtR was made during those dark last ...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Mickey's Toontown closing?

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    and i am not bashing MtR either... i think it was a victim of its time... the fact is MtR was made during those dark last years of Michael Eisner... when he thought that Disney animation would just start making Computer generated movies and everyone would forget about Pixar...

but the fact does remain... if MtR said Disney*Pixar... it could quite possible be a major player in the Disney parks...
    It has already become a player at the parks and resorts.Maybe not a major player as of yet,but with the new animation value resort soon to open,from what I've seen,there will be more characters from the Pixar movies standing as icons around the bldgs as at allstar movies.Ya got Woody and Buzz already allstar movies.Not to mention,Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger spin at MK and Toy Story Mania at D/H Studios.So that type of animation and character from Pixar,are already here.For me,not a bad thing,but I do have my limits.
    Park Hopper Dad!

cunnart is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm hoping it's later in January since I would like to see it thanks to the dsi Lou did.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    It has already become a player at the parks and resorts.Maybe not a major player as of yet,but with the new animation value resort soon to open,from what I've seen,there will be more characters from the Pixar movies standing as icons around the bldgs as at allstar movies.Ya got Woody and Buzz already allstar movies.Not to mention,Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger spin at MK and Toy Story Mania at D/H Studios.So that type of animation and character from Pixar,are already here.For me,not a bad thing,but I do have my limits.

MtR? i dont think it has become a major player in the parks... Pixar absolutely... but not the Robinson family...

what i meant was that if Meet the Robinsons was a Disney Pixar film it could possibly (not definitely) be on par with Finding Nemo, Cars, etc...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

MtR? i dont think it has become a major player in the parks... Pixar absolutely... but not the Robinson family...

what i meant was that if Meet the Robinsons was a Disney Pixar film it could possibly (not definitely) be on par with Finding Nemo, Cars, etc...
    I guess we are mixing words and apparently neither one of us knows what the other one is saying.I did not mean that MtR was a player in the parks or anywhere else for that matter.I meant Pixar in general.I didn't realizeI needed to explain myself with such detail.I thought with the way I worded my next comment,it was clear enough to understand that I meant Pixar in general,not MtR only.
    Park Hopper Dad!

i understand you... im merely saying that MtR if branded under Pixar could have that popularity...

yeh... i thought that i caught that wrong about MtR being a major player... just making sure...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

i understand you... im merely saying that MtR if branded under Pixar could have that popularity...

yeh... i thought that i caught that wrong about MtR being a major player... just making sure...
    That's cool.I understand.That is one of the many problems with typing words only in these forums.Sometimes we type things and others don't know the emotion behind them and someone gets their itty-bitty feelings hurt,and then there are "word wars" on here.But unfortunately,words are all we have to convey out thoughts on things since we cannot type emotions into our words so everyone will know what we mean and where we are coming from.(As you can tell,I love to type long comments,I thrive on it,I always have ALOT to say).
    But anyway,I know you understand what I mean,even with this big long statement.
    I have actually typed out pretty good statements before about a WDW issue,and people have totally taken what I have said the wrong way,and have come back at me and bashed me,when that was never intended to hurt anyone.(I'm a big boy though,and if I get bashed,I bash back).I think these days,we have a bunch of sensitive baby morons in this world,that wears their sissyfied feelings on their shoulders,and are looking to pick a fight or to get offended everywhere we go in the world.(sorry I stepped on my soapbox).
    Just remember this,the Bee Gees put it prefectly:"It's only words,and words are all I have,to take your heart away".
    All we have are words my friends,just words.
    Park Hopper Dad!

That's cool.I understand.That is one of the many problems with typing words only in these forums.Sometimes we type things and others don't know the emotion behind them and someone gets their itty-bitty feelings hurt,and then there are "word wars" on here.But unfortunately,words are all we have to convey out thoughts on things since we cannot type emotions into our words so everyone will know what we mean and where we are coming from.(As you can tell,I love to type long comments,I thrive on it,I always have ALOT to say).
    But anyway,I know you understand what I mean,even with this big long statement.
    I have actually typed out pretty good statements before about a WDW issue,and people have totally taken what I have said the wrong way,and have come back at me and bashed me,when that was never intended to hurt anyone.(I'm a big boy though,and if I get bashed,I bash back).I think these days,we have a bunch of sensitive baby morons in this world,that wears their sissyfied feelings on their shoulders,and are looking to pick a fight or to get offended everywhere we go in the world.(sorry I stepped on my soapbox).
    Just remember this,the Bee Gees put it prefectly:"It's only words,and words are all I have,to take your heart away".
    All we have are words my friends,just words.
    yeh... i have seen those before... they do get entertaining though... especially if you know what the one person meant to say... but i agree with you... sometimes the moment you say something negative you are like blackballed by some people as never having anything nice to say... personally i dont believe that is fair...

your right... all we have are words... dont take us so personally... or literally...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

yeh... i have seen those before... they do get entertaining though... especially if you know what the one person meant to say... but i agree with you... sometimes the moment you say something negative you are like blackballed by some people as never having anything nice to say... personally i dont believe that is fair...

your right... all we have are words... dont take us so personally... or literally...
    Exactly.yeah,if you read in many forums,you'll see where I sometimes get bashed by these sissy morons on this site.(they know who they are,if the shoe fits....).
    I try to be nice in here and I am actually quite harmless.But if I voice my opinion and someone else gets their feelings hurt,and bash me,I WILL bash back! This forum is exactly that.A place where we all can voice our opinions about all things Disney.But if someone gets hurt by strangers comments,then obviously,they already have a negative,and offensive spirit attached to them and that causes them to feel hurt and offended all the time.Most of the time,everything I have to say is nice.But I will voice my opinion if I don't agree with the direction that Disney may be going on any particular issue.But then,it's those babies that are going to whine and cry,because they live in a fantasy world and can't see the "real" truth behind some decisions.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Exactly.yeah,if you read in many forums,you'll see where I sometimes get bashed by these sissy morons on this site.(they know who they are,if the shoe fits....).
    I try to be nice in here and I am actually quite harmless.But if I voice my opinion and someone else gets their feelings hurt,and bash me,I WILL bash back! This forum is exactly that.A place where we all can voice our opinions about all things Disney.But if someone gets hurt by strangers comments,then obviously,they already have a negative,and offensive spirit attached to them and that causes them to feel hurt and offended all the time.Most of the time,everything I have to say is nice.But I will voice my opinion if I don't agree with the direction that Disney may be going on any particular issue.But then,it's those babies that are going to whine and cry,because they live in a fantasy world and can't see the "real" truth behind some decisions.
    some people cant get it through their heads that Disney is not "always right"... sometimes they do make mistakes... they are human as well... the problem is that the company has this like aura about them that they are never wrong...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Neeka7701 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I'm actually glad they are replacing toon town with something bigger and better like the princess' castles!
    My Walt Disney World Vacations
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Beach Club
    2004-Beach Club
    2005-Beach Club
    2006-Beach Club and Beach Club at Christmas
    2007-Beach Club
    2008-Beach Club
    2009-Port Orleans Riverside
    2010-Port Orleans Riverside

I Love that little Duck!

disneyfreak0001 is offline A-Ticket holder

I think they are making a complete new land. It is going to compete with Universals Harry Potter section. I hope disney wins.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreak0001 View Post
    I think they are making a complete new land. It is going to compete with Universals Harry Potter section. I hope disney wins.
    It's just going to be an expansion of Fantasyland (so it's not going to be another land).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

iheartdisney01 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I think they should have closed it years ago.Hey! Matter of fact,they should have NEVER opened that section as Toontown,nor Mickey's Starland.It is and was a waste of space,when a cool ride or rides could be put there.A Meet the Robinsons type ride would be perfect!

I totally agree with you! They have plenty of meet and greets all over the park! No one wants to wait 2 hours to get mickeys autograph! ugh..
    Just Keep Swimming

My Disney Vacations...
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Beach Club
    2004-Beach Club
    2005-Beach Club
    2006-Beach Club
    2006(again)-Beach Club
    2007-Beach Club
    2008-Beach Club
    2009-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend
    2010(next vacation!)-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend

iheartdisney01

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreak0001 View Post
    havent ya hurd!!?
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12